“Fab interior. Should know which to order”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Romulo Cafe

Romulo Cafe
Ranked #15 of 1,782 Restaurants in Quezon City
Cuisines: Filipino, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Manila
“Fab interior. Should know which to order”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2011

Ive been to this place 2x already. I was impressed with its interior design but disappointed with the food. I felt that it served very ordinary filipino food. During our second visit, my brother was the one who ordered, and this time I loved it! I think one of my favorite dishes is chicken relleno. I forgot the other dishes we ordered. But i can remember for sure was we left the restaurant feeling very satisfied.

Visited August 2011
2 Thank sophiegrayy

Manila, Philippines
“Just perfect: excellent service, very delicious variations on traditional Filipino favorites, fantastic ambience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

Had a business lunch here recently and was very very satisfied; will definitely make the trip back with my family even if I do live over an hour away.

The ambience is wonderful. Clean and understated elegance in white and black, but not intimidating. The name comes from a famous Philippine statesman, Carlos P. Romulo, who was Secretary of Foreign Affairs, Ambassador the the United States, a candidate for Secretary General of the United Nations, among other things. The place is run by a grand daughter and large evocative black and white photos of the great man are displayed throughout the building, which is an old house. For me, the most moving is a powerful speech he wrote that is displayed on the wall of the staircase.

Food is excellent. We tried the bangus pate and fried tinapa spring rolls served with lettuce leaves for appetizers. This set the tone for very delicious twists on well loved Filipino favorites. The winged beans are delicious, as is the pomelo salad, and the crispy binagoongan (fried pork with shrimp paste). I also loved the Kalkag rice, rice cooked with pieces of small shrimp fry. Lastly, I second the comment of the previous reviewer, the fried suman is really good. The leche flan, a bit of a calorie overload but delicious.

Service was excellent. We had a small room at the 2nd floor and the waiter assigned there was extremely attentive, even individually serving us since everyone else in our group was a senior citizen and probably would strain to reach across the table for food.

All in all, highly recommended and I can't wait to go back.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank haribon01
Manila, Philippines
“Fab interior , Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2011

The interior decor was fab!

Food was great!
we especially loved the kare-kare and sigarillas in gata.

This place is great for get-togethers and for bringing foreign guests and balikbayans.

For dessert, order the Crispy Suman sa Latik because it is a unique way of eating suman - fried and dipped in coconut sauce!

YUM!

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank jotan23
“something special”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2010

a newly opened house-turned-restaurant with a breath of fresh decor and food. mellow, artistic & classy ambiance. attentive waiters. nice crowd. the vintage vanity table in the ladies room is such a wonderful surprise. said to be an actual Romulo family residence some time ago. (former Phil. president) only thing lacking here is a good parking space. reservation is recommended for it can get really packed during weekends. special rooms are available for big groups on the second floor.

2 Thank jcahyumae