“A place to unwind and hear good music”

Conspiracy Bar & Garden Restaurant
Ranked #1,173 of 1,850 Restaurants in Quezon City
Cuisines: Filipino, Spanish
Description: Telephone + 63 2 453 2170.
Description: Telephone + 63 2 453 2170.
Quezon City, Philippines
“A place to unwind and hear good music”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This was my second time to visit this bar along Visayas Avenue. I first heard of this bar from my writing mentor who used to be with the U.P Creative Writing Center. He told me...I can easily blend in with the crowd and why not....it is indeed a mecca for creative people.

A place where students, the academe, the film/Indie types, the writers, the poets and the artist/painters alike mingle and enjoy good music.

On my first visit I get to hear two different bands. I must add having been a patron of Club Dredd and Mayrics in the past...the band scene there was so alive and bursting with talent.

But my second visit I got a taste of acoustic night. But we arrived a bit too early that we have to wait outside the bar. The ambience was relaxing just refer to the photos which I included in this review. We were seated underneath the cool sway of what looks like bamboo trees and lanterns which completed our evening of joyous delight and laughter among friends.

I ordered brewed coffee first, then the beer afterwards. I tried out the union rings and french fries. Food for me was ok....however, the union rings are bland nothing to be excited about, but the calamares really taste so good that I think we have consumed 3 to 4 plates.

Inside the bar is like stepping into some Gallery. its walls were filled with modern, avant -garde paintings and portraits of well known singers such as Joey Ayala, Noel Cabangon, Sting and Bob Dylan among others.

Prices for the beer are reasonable. Parking is adequate enough.
Service was quick.

My only suggestion before visiting this bar...if you have music preferences, first check out their schedule on their FB page or you can call them up , so you will know which singer or band is line up for the whole week. Aside from that, they also have poetry reading or held art exhibits once in while.

Maybe next time, I'll get a dose of Punk Rock.

• Visited January 2013