“Bridging Non veg to Veg”
Review of Greens

Greens
Ranked #60 of 1,936 Restaurants in Quezon City
Cuisines: Asian, Filipino
Description: Greens opened in August 2001. It is a genuine vegetarian restaurant. That means no meat, no fish, and no eggs. Vegan options are also available.
Reviewed April 9, 2014

When I was starting my journey as a vegetarian...Greens was one of the restaurants my Taichi teacher brought me to to encourage my diet shify :-) Great vegetarian choices! My favorite is their Sisig! The best!!!

1  Thank kilopez1
janardanduran, Public Relations Manager at Greens, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear kilopez1,

We are honored to have been a part of your vegetarian journey. Thank you for your review.

Janardan

P.S. I practice Taiji Quan too! I do Yang and some Chen.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I eat at Greens regularly. It has consistently excellent quality and great service. Prices are VERY reasonable.

1  Thank FJPro
janardanduran, Public Relations Manager at Greens, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Dear FJPro,

We are very grateful to regular guests like you. May we continue to make your dining experience great. Thank you very much for your review.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I've been here a few times with family. I'm a former vegan but the funny thing is I didn't eat here until after I returned to my meat-eating ways. Ah, well.

Located on a side street, it's hard to find if you're not familiar with the area. Parking is limited.

The restaurant has a small garden with a small outdoor dining area. The interior of the restaurant itself is very pretty -- it looks like it used to be a house, and a very charming one at that. Lots of wood and some local art. There's also a stand near the register where you can buy vegetarian ingredients, like vegetarian "hamburger meat" in cans.

Service is friendly but isn't fast, which is to be expected as the food is cooked fresh upon ordering, so that's cool. The waiting dilemma can be resolved if you call ahead and order before you actually arrive. All food items are vegetarian, but if you're a strict vegan, it may be helpful to know that some items on the menu contain dairy or eggs, but they can take it out if you ask them.

The food is really good, even if you're used to eating meat. You probably won't even notice it's all vegetarian. If you're new to vegetarian eating, you can't go wrong with the barbecue and the barbecue wrap. For appetizers, try the crunchy bean curd wrapper (a personal favorite) and for soups, the minestrone is really good.

They serve/d (not sure, haven't been back in a while!) lassi as well, and iced tea with mint, fresh fruit juices in season, and a variety of deserts. I've only ever tried the carrot cake and the chocolate cake. The carrot cake is nice. The vegan chocolate cake tastes exactly like the one I used to make (pretty good!) haha

In summary, it's a haven for both vegetarians and for those who like their veggies as a side and not as a main dish. :)

3  Thank totorohead

Dear totorohead,

Thank you for your detailed review. I'm sure it will help future guests to our establishment. It sure helped us.

We're a lacto vegetarian restaurant so while we do use dairy products we do not use eggs at all. The lassi is still being served, by the way. Our yogurt is proudly homemade.

Janardan

P.S. Mind bringing us a slice of your vegan chocolate cake? We'll gladly reciprocate.

Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

The food is superb!
All food is not with too much oil. Good for heart!
I liked poteto petty, asian noodle soup , sisig in short everything .:-)

Dear Sanganidilip,

Thanks for reviewing us. We always try to go with healthy and yummy and we're happy we passed your test.

Janardan

P.S. I'm a big fan of our Vegetarian Sisig too!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I'm no vegetarian but I go to this restaurant from time to time. The vegetarian food is great specially the sisig and barbecue. The restaurant is small and have a cozy and homy ambiance. Service is fast, serving size is just enough and the price is quite low. Parking is a challenge but its worth it.

1  Thank Miner_DMS91

Dear Miner_DMS91,

While we appreciate our vegan and vegetarian guests, we created our menu to cater to non-vegetarians as well. Thank you for reviewing us and we'll strive to make your experience in the future even better.