“You Get What You Pay For” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel 878 Libis

Hotel 878 Libis
Ranked #37 of 63 Hotels in Quezon City
Ar Riyadh, Ar Riyad, Saudi Arabia
“You Get What You Pay For”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

Positive:
1. Very near to Eastwoods Libis.
2. Rooms are affordable.
3. Rooms are quite clean.

Negative:
1. You will hear the noise of libis road specially if it's traffic.
2. There's no aircon at lobby.
3. They have parking lot but it's renovated car wash or car shop.
4. No enough bellboy to help you.

Best place for short time only.

Room Tip: Choose the room far away from libis road.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Robert A
isabelg878, Manager at Hotel 878 Libis, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Dear Mr. Robert A.,

Thank you for your review. However, it is unfortunate that you decided to share your comments about your visit at Hotel 878 almost 1 year after you stayed with us in July 2011. We would have been most happy to address your concerns sooner.

We appreciate and welcome your positive comments -- our location, affordable prices and cleanliness. These are really what we constantly wish to give our guests-- value for money. Our guests can opt to choose the type of rooms or accommodation they wish, depending on their budget as well as their sensitivities....We would like to assure you that our hotel lobby is fully air conditioned, our parking lot is ample and convenient and we offer free parking to all our hotel guests. Our concierge service is alert to serve our valued guests at all times -- all they have to do is ask for assistance.

Please consider staying with us once again when you come this way....We look forward to have the chance to welcome you to Hotel 878 sometime in the future...

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Antipolo, Rizal, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

My husband and I wanted to avoid the Alay Lakad rush and we decided to book a stay with Hotel 878 since it was the nearest and cheapest hotel near my work. Making a reservation was easy and convenient enough, I just had to call and make a reservation. I asked for an early check in and when I arrived at 11:00AM they already let me check in. I chose the St. Ignatius room view since the other rooms were facing C5 and it would be impossible to get some sleep. The staff were very friendly and always greeted you. The room was okay and provided with what you needed. They also had free local calls which was great. The Wifi was for free and was fast. Breakfast of the day was adobo and egg which was good. Overall good stay, will definitely stay here again, especially when there are cheaper rates and promos.

Room Tip: Choose the St. Ignatius view if you want to get a good night's sleep. Ask for a room in the lowe...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank iCa_Cheng
isabelg878, Manager at Hotel 878 Libis, responded to this review, June 16, 2012
Hi ICa_Cheng,
Thank you for taking time to write regarding your stay in Hotel 878.
We appreciate your positive comments about our affordable rates, convenient location and the convenience of free WIFI, free city calls and delicious breakfast.
But most of all, the praise you gave to our staff is the most important - for this will inspire them to continue giving their best service at all times.
Hotel 878 is truly where you get what matters most!
Maraming Salamat, Po.....
Whistler, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

Awesome for 1 night stay. Good Breakfast for a night stay. accomodating front desk agent and good service.

Room Tip: Good for emergency purposes like if you live in a far away location..
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
isabelg878, Manager at Hotel 878 Libis, responded to this review, June 16, 2012
Hi Lilbel11,
Thank you for your feedback on your one-day stay.
We hope you can stay longer next time. It will give you the chance to try our special Filipino and International cuisine as well as pamper yourself in the comfort of your room, through Serene Spa services for nail and hair, plus your choice of wellness massages.
And all of these include our trademark comfortable facilities, warm hospitality and most affordable rates!
We look forward to be able to host you again soon...
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

The hotel is very basic but clean. The staff are very accomodating and would always greet you with a smile. The rooms we booked were the loft style and was pretty spacious and better than expected. The restaurant menu was limited but food was pretty okay. Although it is right across Eastwood city where there are restaurants and malls, I wouldn't recommend this unless you have business at Eastwood city (but then again, better option would be Richmonde Hotel). If you're on a holiday or business trip, this location is not for you as it is far from everything like the big shopping malls, tourist spots, and central business district... plus traffic here can be quite a pain. The only reason I booked this was because it is right across our work place and Richmonde was fully booked at the time when we needed to house our staff for a critical work week.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank angelfire901
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

Manager got involved in bill dispute, and tried to overcharge for food, i had receipt for this but was packed away as I was checking out. Manager tried to overcharge P4000 and ended up charging extra P1400 for food already paid for. I just paid to leave as I was late for my next step in my trip. Room is overly noisy and sleep was difficult to put it mildly. Do not stay here if at all possible.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Bryant P
isabelg878, Manager at Hotel 878 Libis, responded to this review, October 31, 2011
Dear Mr. Bryant P,
Phoenix, AZ

We were deeply concerned to hear about your inconvenience during your recent stay in Hotel 878. Rest assured that there was no intention to overcharge you.

The Extra Charges you were billed totalling P2,988.05 were actually composed of the Food & Beverage charges you incurred totalling P611.00 and the Commission Payable to booking.com in the amount of P2,377.05. Our Room Rate of $80 already includes room charge and commission payable, although these might appear separately in your Invoice -- as Room Rate and Extra Charges. Commission Payable to booking.com is reflected in the Extra Charges. This is the billing system in our Front Office. Should you want a copy of the Hotel Invoice for your reference which enumerates all your charges in detail, we can send this to your email address.

The 12% VAT and 3% Service charge which we also had to include in your bill is not included in the $80 Room Rate. The Booking Confirmation Form from booking.com is a standard form which states that the Room Rate of $80 excludes the 12% VAT and 3% SC. In case you want a copy of this Form, please let us know and we can also send this to you.

We truly regret that our Front Office may not have satisfactorily explained these matters to you in detail. Since we always strive that our guests leave our Hotel satisfied with our facilities and level of service, we thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. This gives us a chance to give clarification when needed.

With regard to the noise in the City View Rooms which face a busy roadway, some of our guests are able to sleep comfortably, and some who are light sleepers, may not. In these cases, we always suggest they stay in the St. Ignatius View Rooms, which face a quiet subdivision.

We hope that you will still consider staying with us during your future visit to Manila. To prove our sincerity, we will give you a complimentary Loft Room which you may use or give to a friend. Please email us at inquiries@hotel878libis.com or Ms. Mavie Bantilan at mbantilan@hotel878libis.com should you need anything from us.

Thank you for having stayed with us and we look forward to welcome you once again to Hotel 878.

Best regards.

Very truly yours,

Travelers are raving about these Quezon City hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2011

If there's anything in this hotel that stands out is the very good service. The staffs greet you good morning every day. The security guards are friendly and would even hail a taxi for you while you wait at the lounge. Newspaper and internet are free, just get your copy at the lobby or at the restaurant. The free breakfast was very nice, it is a ala carte and with free flow of brewed coffee. We arrived late in the afternoon and the staff extended the restaurants hours for us to eat. This hotel is great if you don't mind no facilities like a gym or swimming pool. Value for money is very good we paid half the rate for a night's stay in a five star hotel for three nights stay at this hotel. Calls to landlines are also free, so if you are feeling lazy, you can order a wide variety of delivery foods from the brochures near the reception. They have also a small notes available on emergency numbers in the Philippines and the prices for jeepney and taxi fare. We value service above anything else, and if you want to explore or do business on your own and be adventurous, this is the place to stay. We will surely stay here on our next visit to Quezon City, Manila, Philippines !!

• Stayed October 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
isabelg878, Manager at Hotel 878 Libis, responded to this review, November 1, 2011
Dear Oliver S_Globe_Travel
Thank you for your very favorable review of our Hotel 878. It is heartwarming to know that our guests are satisfied and happy, and that we have been able to make their stay pleasant and comfortable. We look forward to welcome you once again when next you visit Quezon City.
May we extend our hospitality further by offering you a complimentary room night for two persons in our Loft Room, the same room you stayed in during your last visit. This way, you will truly feel like you are just returning "home"....
Please contact me at mavie.bantilan@hotel878libis.com to place your reservations or if you any further inquiry.
Thank you once again and best regards,
Very truly yours,
Auckland, New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

Let me start by saying the staff are just lovely….friendly, courteous, professional; and if you have read any of my other reviews you will know I am totally impartial and straightforwardly honest as I can be. You would also know I am a bit of a 4 to 5 start guy taking the odd risk to find that high level of service for a bargain price.

The rooms are very well presented well with nice decor and kept clean, but smelt a little bit musty.

I admit took a bit of a risk with Hotel 878 because I read other peoples reviews that warned me about the noisy road side rooms. But I wanted to be in or near Eastwood city for business and this was the only reasonable priced option that seemed logical.

I seriously packed some ear plugs thinking if I could hear the road I would just apply the hearing protection. I booked 3 nights and I ended up road side. I tried to ignore the noise as I worked on my Mactop…attempting to drown out the noise with the TV. I couldn't wait to go to sleep so I could plug in the ear plugs. I pushed them in as hard as I could and didn't sleep a wink. They were just not enough….I wanted to dig my ear drums out.

Finally on sunrise I got up and opened the curtains…I couldn't believe how close that road was. I could almost reach out and touch a jeepeny or a truck. Honestly it sounded more like a battlefield.

I asked the friendly staff to show me another room and they advised the charge would be more…no problem. I quickly went into a room over the hallway to check and was so surprised how quiet it was! Great! We agreed I will move after work.

After a day of business they made arrangements for me to move to a quieter room. The upgrade was 650pesos. I really wanted to move on, closer to my next meeting place and asked if I could forfeit my final night cost of 3700peso in return for the upgrade this night only. I was politely refused but that was no problem.

I was desperate to get on with my work on my Mactop, dealing with some very serious issues at work the free wifi was fast and convenient, terrific! I just needed a cool, quiet room with wifi.

I moved over to the 'quiet' room and….oh no it was no longer quiet; the air conditioner rattled so bad it sounded like a car running in the corner. I mean really bad. Unlike the one in the first room it wasn't a split system. It was what we call a 'window rattler' in Australia…an old one. I asked to see another quiet room with no road, no rattling air con.

I was then marched up six flights steamy hot stairs sweating like a rapist; by now getting desperate to get my work finished. This 3rd room was exactly the same as the last…..just hotter because I was upstairs and this window rattler was on the lower level not up in the bedroom/office loft. I thought 'what the hell' just sit down and get your work done. I unpacked again and set up my computer……no wifi up here.

I politely called reception and they were unable to resolve it. I could see they were genuinely concerned I was not happy and I stayed calm. I had to have wifi so I just asked to go back to the first room I started in! I packed up again and headed back downstairs tipping the bag boy 20p every time we moved…..only to find the cleaners in the room, so now I had nowhere. I asked if they had a bar I could have wifi and cool down with a beer. I headed back up the steamy stairs to the restaurant at the second level.

The staff all looked so worried. I thought this would be a good time to perhaps offer me the beer without charge. A free 60peso beer can resolve so much for some reason. It just would have been courteous I think. Its the only mistake the staff made.

Settling into the restaurant I cooled down as I drank my beer, finished my work and got on line to look for another hotel still tipping as I went. I checked out and headed to Makaiti Palace where I found that high star bargain I was looking for. But thats another review…..

The owner of this Hotel needs to replace the air conditioning units on the quiet side, then perhaps charge a little more for the rooms, and get some repeat business. Then reduce the room rate to about 1500p a night on the noisy side.

Room Tip: Make sure your not on the road side if you don't like battlefield noise
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank SmithersinAU
Dear Mr. SmithersinAU,
First we would like to thank you for the generous praise you bestowed on our hotel staff. This warms our hearts and will encourage us to improve further our level of service to our valued guests. We are also pleased that you found our hotel clean, attractively decorated and well presented.
We would like to inform you that the concerns and observations you made to improve our hotel have been duly noted and have already been addressed.
It is our hope that we will have the opportunity to once again welcome you to Hotel 878. Upon your return, we will be giving you a complimentary room night in a Loft, together with the assurance that we will exert our best efforts to ensure that your stay with us will be a pleasant experience.
You may reach me at mavie.bantilan@hotel878libis.com for any inquiries.