“homey room”

Ranked #33 of 63 Hotels in Quezon City
Butuan, Philippines
“homey room”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Both the suite and loft room have great amenities inside. We stayed at the loft while others stayed at the suite. I would consider the loft for family reservation as it an apartment type where there are two separate rooms within the room where you have a space for cooking and dining with no extra cost. The location is also great. It is located nearby shopping malls, church and most of all comedy bars but away from the traffic congestion.

During our stay, only one lift is working. We were forced to use the exit ladder to do away with the line going up and down. And although the daughter of the owner personally served food for us, i really can't swallow everything they offered. At one time, i ate at fiorgelatto located within the building but outside the hotel as they served yummy food at a very reasonable price.

Since the room has kitchen area, we bought easy to cook foods and drinks at seven eleven store - just a few step to the right when you get out from the hotel main entrance. And that made sense for our 4d5n stay otherwise it would be horrible.

Room Tip: if you travel with group or family, take the Loft room as it is considerably cheaper. Two separate r...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Jelotz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed December 25, 2011

Staff are friendly and helpful. Apartment was clean enough. Damp smell in the room and not so,clean toilet.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the two bedroom apartment. Stairs are too steep and rooms are not clean enough.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank HND007
Brisbane
Reviewed December 14, 2011

I thought the hotel was actually in fine shape, there were some renovations going on as we stayed there and it was really making the place look good. our stay was for 9 nights. BUT!!! The service was so so so so terribly poor! Everyone we met (I was there with a group of 7 travellers) was extremely nice and courteous but not one person actually took any interest in fulfilling any of our requests. We were given four rooms to accommodate us and 2 of them (50%) didn't even have hot water. This wasn't fixed for days and when we asked them to see to it (perhaps after the 4th time we asked) they just moved us to another room (at midnight mind you). They screwed us in our booking also and we had to pay more than they had advertised online, we asked to see the hotel manager hoping he/she could take some action about our requests falling on deaf ears and then being significantly over charged, despite several promises from staff that the manager would contact us ASAP, he/she NEVER DID! It was nothing short of atrocious: with a smiling face. I would have to recommend anyone thinking of staying at this hotel to seriously look elsewhere, even if you have to pay a few extra $$$ at least you'll be looked after, this place is JUST NOT WORTH IT! (oh and the street noise is also a huge problem, I slept with ear-plugs and was still woken up several times each night)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Craig I

Travelers are raving about these Quezon City hotels

Sydney
Reviewed December 4, 2011

I booked this hotel through Hotel.com and was dissappointed when I arrived to be given a room with none of the facilities listed on Hotel.com. I was interested to note that the Hotel.com booking I had had been converted by someone into a expedia.com booking for a lesser room. The hotel and I could not work out how this happened. Please explain Hotel.com. In anycase they found a room with some, but not all of the facilities I thought I was getting. The room was clean and modern. The restaurant is being renovated at present and hence the free breakfast was delivered in styrofoam tray each morning - you get used to it. The gym and simming pool were small but adequate. The reception staff had no knowledge of the surrounding neighbourhood in terms of shopping or restaurants, but there is a Robinsons supermarket close by and plenty of western chain and local eateries. I would stay here again as it was a interesting and convenient location for those working on missions for the government departments near the Elliptical Road. Free internet connection keep timing out frequently. I was on 6th floor, and can be a bit noisy but good sleep with help of ear plugs.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are entirely internal rooms without any windows.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank GedandNick
Reviewed December 2, 2011

Stayed for 3 nights, first night had to call the maintenance bec hot water is not working, they charged me P150/Nyt for parking, when we saw the parking it was soooo steel, 45degree angle going down the basement (it was a road to hell--literally) and it also stinks down there, smells like a paint thinner with a mix of mold in it! The room is not what I expected it to be, the bed slides, the cushion on the couch slides, floors are cold (u guys should put carpet, instead of the slippery tiles)--another thing there is no outside call (in a hotel, excuse me?!) and also they can't even connect ur call in the room, we decided to park in front hoping no drunkard will bang it, and asked the guard to pls watch over it ( we never parked back in the basement, it useless ) and I wasn't even able to get my money back bec I already paid for 3 nights not knowing how horrible the parking is!!! Only upside is the free wifi and breakfast. Hotel facilities is junk! Junk! Junk! I'm not coming back and I would not recommend it to anyone

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank RLF_ohana
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We booked this hotel for our wedding preps last July. We booked 2 rooms-venezia suite for 2 nights and the 2bedroom loft apartment for 1 night. The venezia suite was newly renovated and the size was good for preps. The king sized bed was comfy and the bathroom was spacious. The loft was well decorated and perfect for my groom's preps. The receptionist was kind enough to extend the loft for 2 more hours free of charge since the wedding was at 3pm. The staff was also accommodating with all of our requests since we had a lot of people moving around the hotel. The only concern we had was the price since it was a bit expensive for a 3 or 4 star hotel or suites with the same amenities.

• Stayed July 2011