“Great food once now gone”
Review of Lolo Dads - CLOSED

Lolo Dads
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Malate
Manila
“Great food once now gone”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Disappointing! Once a great fine dining place has now gone to the dogs. Quality has definitely declined though prices gone up. Not recommended.

1 Thank youricat

“expensive but worth it”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We started with warm rolls that were pretty good while waiting for our food. We had the appetizer sampler which surprisingly already let's you try 8 different items, including salads and a soup. Portions were generous for a sampler platter and it was mostly delicious. My fave were the foie gras, the tuna, and the seafood soup. The calamansi sorbet that followed was perfect for cleansing the palate. My seabass was cooked just right and melted in the mouth. Everything was plated appetizingly and service was impeccable. We had the modest portions but still ended up quite full due to the appetizer platters and the rolls. A great treat to have once in a while.

Makati, Philippines
“Expensive.... But its worth it”
Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

We was there on my birthday with my bf foods are great service is excellent.

Manila
“A little pricey but nice treat”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

A little bit pricey but a nice treat. There's not too many really nice options around Malate so as a special once off it's good. The foods nice and the wine selection was good.

Visited March 2012
Manila, Philippines
“my dream restaurant in manila”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I liked the food of course! I have been longing to eat in this restaurant for a very long time but the price has always made me hesitate. Luckily my boss took me there along with a foreign guest and I was happy! The branch in ermita had an open kitchen, very few guests when we were there and a very attentive waiter. Althoguh the food is pricey and the restaurant high-end, it does not look intimidating. The food as expected is excellent! we had the degustacion set meal and it was an excellent choice, coupled with wine. The dessert selection was also very good. I had a degustacion meal in another famour restaurant in Metro manila but Lolo Dad's beats it by a mile.

Visited September 2011