“Disappointing return”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Adriatico

Cafe Adriatico
Ranked #9 of 950 Restaurants in Manila
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Melbourne, Australia
“Disappointing return”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

On my last visit to manila, reviewed Cafe Adraitico at Mall of Asia. On this occasion, I visited its flagship branch in Malate.

I ordered my favurite French onion soup. When it arrived, to my horror, I discovered that it was served tepid: I could not believe a chef could send that out of his kitchen.

I pointed this out to the wait staff who returned it. I then received a hot soup. This error ought not have occurred.

It makes one wonder where the restaurant's quality control and pride in their work is.

The rest of the meal was average but to say the least it was a disappointing evening.

Never again, thank you!

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank terry13347

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Camiguin, Philippines
“I meant Cafe Havanna”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

Terrific Music, Tasty Margaritas, Good Ambiance. However, not for families. I noticed that this time, it is full of hospitality girls and they are a bit vulgar. Being married with a European myself, I felt CHEAP.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank maritesthetraveller
Shenzhen, China
“Romantic lovely place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

This is a very nice restaurant for romantic or family dinner, it's not very cheap, but the food, service and atmosphere worth it. I tried local cuisine dishes which were freshly cooked and delicious. My average bill was about 800-1000 php/one person.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Veraleto
Bali, Indonesia
“old gem consistently amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Cafe Adriatico has been in Malate, for decades. It has always been a favorite among the artistic, the intelegensia, the movers and shakers. I haven't been here for decades. I am pleased that I finally got around to coming back. The place doesn't disappoint. Every single dish we ordered was great. We stopped for merienda after hours of shopping in the old downtown Manila. We ordered pancit malabon, dinugunan with puto, tokwa at baboy and arroz caldo. Each and every dish was outstanding. And just when you'd think we wouldn't be able to eat more, we topped off with canonigo and mangoes contres leches. The desserts were just as amazing. I'd come back here in a heartbeat. Nice to see some places stay consistently good.
The service was just as astounding. Wait staff were attentive but kept at a discreet distance, never smothering but there in a heartbeat.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank JavaMama58
Manila
“Nothing spectacular”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

To me this is over-priced average tasting food...I have dined her several years ago and forgot about how my experience was (that was how forgetful the experience was actually). I visited again recently with friends and found the food so-so...

• Visited November 2012