“old gem consistently amazing”
Review of Cafe Adriatico

Cafe Adriatico
Ranked #13 of 983 Restaurants in Manila
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Bali, Indonesia
“old gem consistently amazing”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Cafe Adriatico has been in Malate, for decades. It has always been a favorite among the artistic, the intelegensia, the movers and shakers. I haven't been here for decades. I am pleased that I finally got around to coming back. The place doesn't disappoint. Every single dish we ordered was great. We stopped for merienda after hours of shopping in the old downtown Manila. We ordered pancit malabon, dinugunan with puto, tokwa at baboy and arroz caldo. Each and every dish was outstanding. And just when you'd think we wouldn't be able to eat more, we topped off with canonigo and mangoes contres leches. The desserts were just as amazing. I'd come back here in a heartbeat. Nice to see some places stay consistently good.
The service was just as astounding. Wait staff were attentive but kept at a discreet distance, never smothering but there in a heartbeat.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank JavaMama58

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Manila
“Nothing spectacular”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

To me this is over-priced average tasting food...I have dined her several years ago and forgot about how my experience was (that was how forgetful the experience was actually). I visited again recently with friends and found the food so-so...

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank borzman
Manila
“sa cafe adriatico..”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

the food taste good, plus the ambiance is excellent for dinner dates, for lovers and friends..i always prefer salmon, they serve good salmon and i think i will always visit the place whenever am at the area to dine.

Visited December 2011
Maui, Hawaii
“Distinct Ambience”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Love the pasta and the other specialty menu. great place to hang out on a weekend. place is not too big nor too crowded. just enough!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank junn777 n
Mandaluyong, Philippines
“Overrated Filipino Restaurant”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I heard so much about this restaurant and finally got to tried it with visiting friends from Hongkong. I had a Chicken Ala Kiev which I read through Chuvanes.com, a famous blog. Oh boy, I thought i was drinking melted butter-- This deep fried breaded chicken breast, stuffed with parsley-butter is literally swimming on butter as soon as you cut a piece. My friend order other stuff like meat loaf (embutido), ox tongue (lengua estufada)...all of which I believe were nothing to rave about.

• Visited September 2012