“Terrible!!”

and 1 more site!
BSA Mansion Condotel
Ranked #30 of 88 Specialty Lodging in Manila
Reviewed October 24, 2011

The condotel boasts an excellent location, unfortunately, that's the only plus to BSA mansion. My family and I booked 2 rooms for 2 nights and were quite surprised with the quality and condition of the rooms. Not only were the rooms dirty, but it was literally falling apart. Taps were not working, mold in the bathroom and the ceiling. When we brought this to the staff's attention, we were told the rooms were actually scheduled for renovations. Our question was, if they knew the rooms were in a sub-standard state, why continue to allow guests to stay there?

There are a lot of other places that have better accommodations for the price that they charged us. While the pictures look good on the website, keep in mind that the real deal is 100x more disappointing. Never again, never again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Michelle J

Reviewed August 22, 2011

I have been there with my fiance for overnight and i find the room very nice and quiet. The wall paper is excellent for the price we paid. The kitchen staff were very friendly. The small lady in the receptionist was nice and friendly too.
It's a walking distance to Greenbelt mall and close to Panama Embassy where we visit also for my visa.

Room Tip: Ask for a new rooms like we had which has a nice wallpapers.
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Isabela L
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Conviently located in a quiet neighbourhood near the CBD. Close to shopping mall(s) like Greenbelt where you can find designer shops, good restaurants & a bustling nightlife. This studio room had just enough room to cook (hotplate) so do take advantage of the nearby supermarket grocery stores. Guests are allowed access to the rooftop swimming pool. The view from the top during the day and night offers up a 360 degree panoramic city landscape.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Duck-Nanni
Reviewed May 3, 2011

The room was comfortable. What I like most it has a microwave oven, you can also cook, they have utensils you can use for your cooking. The rate is affordable with all the comfort you have. the Location is great just a walking distance to Greenbelt/Mall area. My only negative comment is the breakfast they serve is not so good and when I tried to order some snacks all that Ive ordered were not availabel. But good thing there is a mini grocery just beside the hotel where you can buy some stuff you need and foods. The building is not new so you expect crawling insect but it just happend one time. And one thing, i hope they will put up a telephone shower in their bathroom.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Nengski
Reviewed March 12, 2011

hmmm, having read the previous reviews on this condotel before I booked, I really managed my expectations. the front office is not as grand as it is in higher-star hotels and there is only one front office personnel at a time, so sometimes the one on the day shift looks a bit pitiful as he seems to be attending to so many things at the same time (note to BSA-hope you could add one more staff to this shift because it is when the guests start checking in and a lot of calls for room service are being made). the superior room IS big. There is a kitchen with basic necessities (although they did mention that a microwave was available but I wasnt able to avail of one as all their units were in use), a living room with TV and the bedroom with veranda. our room's design was a bit victorian i think its pretty nice and clean for the price. like i said i managed my expectations - i didnt expect a new-looking room and very grand furnishings. the room IS ok for the price, i did not pay a lot - thanks to asiatravel. and best of all its very near greenbelt. there's even a ministop just outside the condotel. oh, by the way, the compli breakfast has limited choices - be sure to ask before you order.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 40winkswhentraveling
Reviewed February 1, 2011

If you want to have an accessible place to stay within Greenbelt area then this is one of the places you should consider. If you are not familiar with the streets around Ayala Avenue, it's quite difficult to locate BSA Mansion at Benavidez St. I would advise people who would like to stay here to be familiar with the landmarks within the area to be able to locate this condotel easily. First, be able to get to Greenbelt 1. Across GB1 is Asian Institute of Managment. Benavidez St. is to the left side of the AIM. If you have located Benevidez St., walk straight and around 2 blocks away you will find a yellow-painted building near Mini-stop and that is the BSA Condotel.
The security and front desk on my experience are courteous enough to receive my reservation. I was booked at a superior room with buffet breakfast.
As I opened the door to my room, I was indeed surprised to see that I got a very spacious 1 bedroom unit equipped with dining table, a small living area, bathroom and a kitchenette. I admit this is my first time to stay at a condotel and so far I enjoy the experience.
My bed was however sagging and cannot quite well support my back. I was hoping for more comfortable beddings and fluffy pillows.
The breakfast was adequate and was delivered right straight to my room upon the specific time I have requested. I was also able to get a free newspaper for the day.
I would recommend this place to guests who come as a family and those who intend to stay for a long period because of the ample space of its units and the adequacy of its facilities for long staying guests.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Cel77
Reviewed December 26, 2010

I've been there w/ my fiance overnight.We booked ourselves in a one bedroom suite for the rates of us$69.00. We paid thru visa card the 10% downpayment upon reservation online and expecting to pay the balance when we arrived. Unfortunately,they don't have swipe machine to accept dollar payment, so they charge us in peso but to our surprised it's equivalent to us$73. Money does not matter, but dishonesty of the hotel and being unfriendly of the receptionist (when we clarrified about payment) made us feel uncomfortable in staying even in that one overnight.
One more thing, one of the lady receptionist i saw in the hallway and i was suppose to smile at her but to my "amazed", i saw her frowning and looking at me from head to toe as if i was one of her enemy. I really find it funny for that was the first time i saw a receptionist in the hotel acting as rude as that. To think that that was before we tried to clarrify things about the rates.
I suggest to BSA mansion owners to give a proper training to their lady receptionist on how to talk and treat well the guest. Seems billboys and ladies who serve the food are well educated compare to them. Room that we stayed was nice and clean but we were not comfortable for the attitude we received from the front desk. They should also learn about proper telephone ethics, not that they put down the phone w/o asking if the guest need something else. That was rude.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank TrishaMinorca
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manila
AIM Conference Center Manila
Somerset Millennium Makati
Mosaic Tower
Mosaic Tower
#13 of 88 in Manila

Been to BSA Mansion Condotel? Share your experiences!