“Too expensive for a smelly prison cell” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hostel 1632

Hostel 1632
Ranked #36 of 110 Hotels in Manila
Manille
“Too expensive for a smelly prison cell”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

We spend only one night in this hostel and it is lucky. I will never come back in this hotel. Rooms are like cell, small, narrow, small window, horrible smell inside. Seems not too much expensive (less than 50$), but it is too much for a prison cell!!

Room Tip: No good room, they are all like prison cell!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank 970Jean
Elliessa M, Hotel Online Supervisor at Hostel 1632, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear 970Jean,

Thank you for sharing your comments during your stay in Hostel 1632.

We are sorry that your expectations were not able to meet during your stay. As for the stench you have encountered, it might be due to the ongoing renovation happening since July 2013. But anyways, we are sorry for that. Rest assured that we have taken your comment seriously and working on it now--renovation is in progress.

Looking forward in welcoming you back again here.

Hotel Online Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

My fiance and I stayed in the hostel because of the proximity to places we needed to go to the following day. The location is very convenient and you wont have any problem with transportation. . Near the mall, church, convenience stores, the bay area and other establishments.

My first impression is the lobby was small but the staff were very accommodating. Its a breeze checking in even though you don't have reservations. We got a room on the 2nd floor and the hallways are not well lighted but are clean.

The standard room is relatively narrow but has 2 beds, built in alarm/radio and a television but very cozy. The blanket is kinda rough but other than that I can't complain much. Room 218 has a window with blinds which has the street view. It was more quiet than I expected knowing that our room was facing a street.

I find it hard to shower in the bathroom because its not very spacious but provides warm and cold water. Towels and other toiletries were also provided. I wish they have provided a doormat outside the bathroom I was so scared of flooding the room because there were none and the tiled floors are almost of the same level.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sugary B
Dear MirageRaine,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay in Hostel 1632.

Rest assured that your constructive feedback was taken seriously for necessary improvement. We also appreciate for finding our staff very accommodating, for noticing that the hallway is clean and the room cozy.

We hope to see you again.

Bonaire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

Great staff. Yeah, the rooms aren't the best, but for the price I was paying (through an outside Asian website), it was the best value I found in the area. I did go look at the 3-5 star hotels nearby, but the price jump for that area was just not worth it to me. Probably smart of them to call it a Hostel, then you don't expect the Ritz! I liked the restaurant next door too.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Dear manalive53715,

We are very glad you found Hostel 1632 a good place to stay at the best value with the great staff. Rest assured that we will continually provide best service to all our valued guests.

We hope to see you again and thank you for choosing Hostel 1632.

Doha, Qatar
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

Got the room at Agoda costing around 50 USD without breakfast. I thought I got a great deal. I was assigned at a windowless room with no space for my luggage. The size is like a hallway fitted with bed, tucked in a corner and cabinet. It's like HK budget hotels but in the Philippines. Room is too small. I can get the same price at Executive Plaza situated right infront of the hotel but definitely way bigger.

The only reason I booked in this hotel coz its brand new. Nothing more positive aside from that.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kitkat_UAE

Travelers are raving about these Manila hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

The good side is that the staff are polite especially those at the front desk. The bad side is that the rooms are very small and that is so difficult to use the toilet due to its size of around 2sqmeters. The price seems to be expensive for the service. No free drinking water - which I think is usuall in many Philippine hotels.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank yogaboyqc
Manila, Philippines
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

The hotel staff promised me during check-in that they will provide 30-min free internet everyday. Then, after I already checked in, I was told that free internet is "out-of-stock" (sic). The hotel staff are very rude. I have heard them make racist comments on the side speaking in the vernacular (I happen to speak their language that's why I know). I also found little insects in the bathroom. The cleaning staff are very inconsiderate. They always make noises in the hallway and keeps interrupting my sleep asking me if I need room service despite the fact that I already put a "do not disturb" sign. The resident manager is very arrogant and her English language skills is terrible. I tried to address my issues with the hostel but she was very dismissive.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends