“Good value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 111 Hotels in Manila
Bonaire
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Great staff. Yeah, the rooms aren't the best, but for the price I was paying (through an outside Asian website), it was the best value I found in the area. I did go look at the 3-5 star hotels nearby, but the price jump for that area was just not worth it to me. Probably smart of them to call it a Hostel, then you don't expect the Ritz! I liked the restaurant next door too.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Elliessa M, Hotel Online Supervisor at Hostel 1632, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear manalive53715,

We are very glad you found Hostel 1632 a good place to stay at the best value with the great staff. Rest assured that we will continually provide best service to all our valued guests.

We hope to see you again and thank you for choosing Hostel 1632.

Elliessa Maclang
Hotel Online Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Doha, Qatar
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Got the room at Agoda costing around 50 USD without breakfast. I thought I got a great deal. I was assigned at a windowless room with no space for my luggage. The size is like a hallway fitted with bed, tucked in a corner and cabinet. It's like HK budget hotels but in the Philippines. Room is too small. I can get the same price at Executive Plaza situated right infront of the hotel but definitely way bigger.

The only reason I booked in this hotel coz its brand new. Nothing more positive aside from that.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kitkat_UAE

Travelers are raving about these Manila hotels

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

The good side is that the staff are polite especially those at the front desk. The bad side is that the rooms are very small and that is so difficult to use the toilet due to its size of around 2sqmeters. The price seems to be expensive for the service. No free drinking water - which I think is usuall in many Philippine hotels.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank yogaboyqc
Manila, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

The hotel staff promised me during check-in that they will provide 30-min free internet everyday. Then, after I already checked in, I was told that free internet is "out-of-stock" (sic). The hotel staff are very rude. I have heard them make racist comments on the side speaking in the vernacular (I happen to speak their language that's why I know). I also found little insects in the bathroom. The cleaning staff are very inconsiderate. They always make noises in the hallway and keeps interrupting my sleep asking me if I need room service despite the fact that I already put a "do not disturb" sign. The resident manager is very arrogant and her English language skills is terrible. I tried to address my issues with the hostel but she was very dismissive.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank ShadowShooter
mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

well frankly speaking i am one of those back pack travellers and obviously will settle for a hotel which is safe . This is my fourth visit to Manila,a city I just love for its vibrant moods , great food, entertainment, shopping and above all the friendly attitude of the people. The Hostel is located in downtown Manila and is near to some of the fine dine restaurants be it Japanese , Korean , Chinese , Indonesian and of course many of the KARAOKE BARS . The rooms are neat and decent, the staff and management very friendly that explains why I come and stay here more often than ever.I have built a good rapport with the staff and management who by now know me by my first name and even address me as( Hi. William how are you ?) The room service is just perfect cant get anything better for a budget price Hotel . Will be coming back again in early Nov for a longer time now . Ramil ,Dionie , Jenny ,Michael hope you are reading this .

Room Tip: all the rooms are more or less identical and clean