“Clean, comfortable and centrally located”

Cherry Blossoms Hotel
Ranked #44 of 110 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed July 11, 2010

In fairness to this budget hotel,I always stay here whenever I went home in the philippines with my family. The last time I went home I am adamant to book because of the bad review that I read but anyway I still stay as my parents suggested as they knew the place than me. Surprisingly it's clean, no bugs biting me and no complained so far just don't expect a 5 star accomodation as it's not. Most importantly as soon as you come out from the reception area Robinson's mall is in front so no problem with any kind of food. Hotel itself provides free breakfast, you can choose if you want rice or bread with it and free drink. The only thing is you have to book it in advance as this hotel is always full, you can do this by calling the hotel,no advance payment, you pay for it when you arrive in the hotel for check in.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank galesan

Reviewed June 29, 2010

For my first night in PH and always when back in Manila for stop-over I choose this hotel. Compared to others (I inspected) I found their value for money best AND providing all I needed: AC, fridge, safety-box (at reception), TV. If you choose the cheapest category you might get a room without window. First disappointed later happy because they are cooler and less noisy. There is even a breakfast included.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank TomWorldTraveler
Reviewed March 29, 2010

Never will I stay here again, the bed felt like there was a body stuffed into it. It was like rocks. It also felt like there were bugs in the sheets. Bathroom Towels so tiny they fit on one leg. Walls are paper thin IT WAS SO NOISY I COULD HARDLY GET SOME SLEEP!!! The workers were doing laundry right on the floor with all of the dirty towels on the ground near the rooms. The front desk girl was giving me attitude the several times I met up with her. I mean, you earn how much, and you're gonna be snobby to me??
Prostitutes crawling all over the streets and inside the Robinson's mall next door.
The only thing I enjoyed? The room food service. THAT'S IT, for a good 20 minutes. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR, FOLKS.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank medjugorje2000
Reviewed February 12, 2010

I had a 3 rooms for a group of people for 4 days. before arrival we called hotel and they said an airport pickup was 750PHp, upon arrival it was 900PHp. A baby crib was 275PHp extra, we arrived late at night and the next day the wife did clean it and it was fully of bugs, we counted at least 4 roaches, and the lock would not work (they later fixed it), so my child was able to get out of the crib.There was no management that would address this problem. The staff was nice, but the hotel was not, little money has been spent on upkeep since I last stayed here 3 years ago. The location great, but not for the price, and the old dirty rooms. The maid said they do 30 rooms a day alone. The free breakfast is small and an extra one is 150Php, They give you an newpaper at your door every morning. There are two computer in the lobby for internet but you must get an account and it is 100 PHp an hour, walk one block and you can pay 20Php. There are too many hotels that are cheaper and better in the area, I would not recommend this to anyone. Next time I will be staying at the Gran Prix. just two blocks away same price just opened in Nov. 2009, beside the City State Hotel (the city state and cherry blossoms are owned by the same company. Like most hotels in Manila there is security guards there, parking is in a dirt lot next to it. The windows in all three of the rooms would not lock.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank gsm1cox
Reviewed February 10, 2010

I stayed at the Cherry Blossom on Feb. 3-8 2010 and was very disappoint in the management. I prepaid 1 nights stay and for airport pickup (p600) The problem started when my reservation confirmation stated a 12;30 am arrival at the airport for a pickup, No one was there to pick me up and after waiting an hour and a half at the airport and several phone calls the driver arrived and brought me to the hotel where i had to pay the driver another 600 pesos. The hotel told me that my reservation was for that night not that morning and they had no record of my payment.They did give me a room across from the nightclub with music blasting till after 3 am.
The 2nd time i used the hotel transportation i was charged in advance p1400 for a ride that lasted 30 minutes at most, the cab ride back cost p300 when i complained about the excessive charge the limo company owner apologized but i did not get any refund.I stayed for 4 nights total and at checkout time they charged my credit card for 4 nights stay.I told them about paying for limo and 1 nights stay in advance and they had no record of it and lost the faxed copy i had sent them. they said the booking company was separate and closed on Sunday and could not confirm my deposit so they would charge me the entire amount, when i asked if they would credit my account the p2100 for my deposit,they said no . I could come back and stay again ant they would give the credit on the next stay.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank clyon1795
Reviewed January 20, 2010

Checked in Dec 24 to Dec 28 2009 and Jan 7 to 9 2010.. Checking in was easy. We availed of the airport pick-up and it was excellent. Rooms are still huge and still the same decor. Breakfast was good to start your day. Choices are not that excellent but you can still choose from a variety. The best thing still was the LOCATION! That's the main reason we book this hotel. Just a stone's throw away (literally ) from Robinson's Ermita. We're not staying at the hotel all the time so amenities are just the basic ones. They even allow us to check in with no additional cost during our Jan 2010 stay. That's cool! Lastly, If you need an accomodation that are fairly basic enough and really wanted an excellent location within Manila/Malate/Ermita areas, this one's to beat especially their price.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Michael F
Reviewed December 6, 2009

Superior room spacious, but has dirty, very old hard pillows. AC very loud, window was covered by advertising boarding. Small breakfast included (options available). Wireless internet costs 100 Pesos/hour! Free daily newspaper.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple