“good position”

Cherry Blossoms Hotel
Ranked #44 of 110 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Old hotel which needs more care. Noisy aircons and big nobbly pillows can ruin the stay.
Breakfast small. located next to the Robinson shopping center.
They charge 40 Ph P for extra pillows. Never had this before.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dieter8888

Reviewed July 3, 2011

I was in Manila with my two sisters for a week long vacation and Cheery Blossoms provided a really good service. The rooms were reasonably priced and customer service was excellent. They provided free breakfast and free internet usage for an hour. With a shopping mall just across the road we were not bored. The location was perfect as the places we had to visit were also close by. When we're in Manila again we will surely chose Cherry Blossoms Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank ccarib05
Reviewed December 24, 2010

Stayed in this Hotel last 2008 and 2009. Wow, what a pleasant surprise!
I heard the New Hotel Manager has worked with 5 star hotels before and has done a lot of changes. The hospitality of the staff has amazingly improved, from the guards, bellservice , front office staff, the resto servers and the housekeeping staff. I felt like a VIP everytime I walk around the hotel. Everyone greets me with utmost sincerety. Where the hell can you get this kind of treatment in this part of the world?
The lobby looks bigger, brighter and cleaner. They have gotten rid of the old worn out chairs and dirty lampshades at the entrance. Good idea!
I will definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Mcferry
Reviewed December 9, 2010

Summary: Cherry Blossom's standard rooms that I have had provide safe, clean, and inexpensive lodging. The rooms are well worn and are comparable to or worse than the poorer, low-end lodging of major USA hotel chains. The rooms work well for adventure/budget travelers and others who have very basic needs. However, travelers who want lodging similar to mid-tier US hotels should look elsewhere.

Pros:
* Budget hotel (standard rooms p1600 in December 2010)
* Location in “downtown” and next to Robinsons Mall
* Free breakfast
* 24 hour mini-market about 1 block away

Cons:
* Location: Along way from airport (about p530 by airport taxi)
* Standard rooms need repair & renovation

Background: After trying several budget hotels in Metro Manila in the mid-1990's, I began staying at Cherry Blossoms on a regular basis as it offered excellent value for a budget hotel in Manila. Unfortunately, the hotel has not maintained the facilities. This problem has become more noticeable in recent years. For example, the standard room that I stayed in had a badly leaking faucet, damaged (but functional) shower fixtures (w/hot & cold water), loose flooring tiles, an old and very hard bed, the air conditioner temperature control did not work (the compressor ran continuously – that is, max cold), had badly marred furniture, and needed fresh paint. I have used the hotel when traveling solo, with my wife, and with my wife and young daughter.

Dec 2010 stay details: Although very worn, the room was relatively clean. I checked the bed for bedbugs, etc., and didn't find any problems. I didn't see any other bugs in the room during my stay. There was minor street noise until about 9PM and then it was quiet. I've never heard noises from neighboring rooms. However, the old window-type air conditioner was loud (but that didn't bother me.) The cost for a standard room (also called “premium room” on their website) was p1600. I took the hotel van to the airport (p500). The staff was courteous and helpful. The free breakfast from the menu was good (– I chose the 2 pancakes and eggs).

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank jiminalaska2010
Reviewed November 23, 2010

Previously stayed in 2009, didn't post a review at that time. On this visit noticed a vast improvement in several areas. On arrival the room I had reserved was unavailable CB quickly upgraded me to a much larger two story suite. They also informed me that I would be moved to another upgraded room the following day. Checks in problems were solved very efficiently and professionally without any added cost.
Given a two story suites (Room 108) was very comfortable and well kept, I was informed it was one of their older two bedroom suite that was scheduled for remodeling. Bottom floor had mini kitchen, lounge chair, table and chairs, fridge and was spacious and clean. Tiled floor was clean with no stains. Walls isolated any outside noise. I was pleasantly surprised how quite it was.
2nd floor contained the bedroom and separate shower and toilet. Air conditioner in room (though old) functioned quietly and worked extremely well. Water pressure and hot water was surprisingly brisk and flowed quite well. Bathroom was also surprisingly clean.
OK: some improvements needed though, I think they might be addressed when it gets remodeled. Front door: old lock and key system with no dead lock or heavy chain to prevent entry. Lighting improvements for the rooms too few lights. Also outside of room, more lighting even though security personal were present.

The next day I was moved to another upgraded room with in the main hotel complex. This room was recently remodeled; heavy duty lock with card key system, improved lighting, all interior equipment was relatively new and clean.

Hotel security staff were extremely helpful and constantly watching out for their customers. They are a valuable source for information and assistance, consider them as concierge staff and not just guards. They have extensive knowledge of the local area and can give you tips on where to go and what to avoid. The front desk staff, seem to be always busy but are attentive. They are in perpetual movement and I don’t recall ever seeing anyone just sitting down not doing anything. Only comment I can provide is that they need to smile a bit more often. They got customer service correct though.

Provided breakfast, limited selection but prepared nicely with attentive staff. Tables are a bit close to each other as they try to maximise the number of guest in the dining area.

Whats good: Great location, next to Robinson mall, clean maintained rooms, very attentive staff who will take care of their visitors. A/.C's that really work and are quite. Beds and linens clean and maintained. Hotel is budget priced so don;t expect the Shagra La (Stayed there the next week) Active and well organized Webb site, accepts Credit Cards.

Improvements Needed: Old cramped elevator thats somewhat noisy I would think rooms by the elevators would be disturbed. Small lobby and small cafe. Wifi slow and cost 100php for an hour. Towels and toiletries need improvement (small and non-existent bring your own or ask for more towels. TV didn;t use but also pretty small with limited reception and programs.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank edinstk
Reviewed November 19, 2010

We ended up along the street in dingy little cockroach infested townhouse units. High cost and terribly disappointing. Free breakfast that was fair. We believe they may have nice rooms upstairs, but don't locate downstairs on the street.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank daylilygarden
Reviewed October 16, 2010

we stayed at this hotel because my husband had to attend a company seminar held there. we are very particular about cigarette smoke and cleanliness because he is highly allergic and i am asthmatic. we had some apprehensions because it was in the tourist area and usually cheap hotels are not that clean. we were glad to that when we checked in, the hotel and more especially our room which is deluxe king had no cigarette smoke smell and our room was clean. one of its great plusses is its just next door to robinson's place mall which is very convenient for shopping and dining. the free breakfast is not much but for the price of the room, what more can you ask. anyway, you can always get good food at the mall next door. we paid 2,400.00 phil pesos for the room. just dont look for five-star amenities. bring your own toiletries as the hotel provides only free soap and shampoo,and if you need one, bring your own hair dryer as there is none in the room. our only complaint is we had to pay for extra pillowsat 20.00pesos per. also, we had to ask for extra drinking glasses and teaspoon /tablespoon as there is none. there's also no free coffee/tea in the room. but the housekeeping is very accomodating for extra requests and prompt in the service. if we need to stay in a hotel near my husband's company, we will stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business