Review Highlights
One Gigantic Suburb Sized Market !!

If you want really cheap stuff in Manila, you head to Divisoria. It's basically a whole suburb of... read more

Reviewed May 5, 2022
David E
Melbourne, Australia
Another good market

And have a good market good value for money with most things be careful when buying electrical... read more

Reviewed March 14, 2020
tylersY4577AX
Melbourne, Australia

Recommended experiences in and around Luzon
from $37.34
from $35.00
from $55.00
from $93.00
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 23, 2019

It has not changed in 40 years. Still as many shops to find attractive priced goods. If you have time, then go and enjoy a day of shopping.

2  Thank Jac-hoby
Reviewed March 19, 2019

A place, well known by the Population of Manila, for having all its cheap products.
Walk very carefully, for here it is characterized by mass transit.

Date of experience: May 2018
2  Thank Jose Luis S
Reviewed March 10, 2019 via mobile

Why this market was listed as #16 of things to do in Manila, I have no idea. Maybe my boyfriend and I ended up in the wrong part of the massive market, but we did not feel at ease at all. I’m well accustomed to different Filipino markets, having Filipino heritage and visiting different regions on multiple occasions, but this by far was the dirtiest, busiest and made me feel the most uncomfortable by far. The place was full of homeless people, beggars and pick pockets, which makes sense seeing as only a couple blocks away are large communities of severely impoverished people living in dilapidated shacks made of rusted corrugated iron and damp cardboard.

Whilst trying to get out of the place, we went walked via an overpass which had electrical cables running through the stairs which gives an indication of the level of safety in the area.

Not to mention that as a female I felt unsafe even with my boyfriend with me. At one stage some local men suggested I was a prostitute because of my Caucasian partner and yelled it out across the crowds. I was not dressed suggestively, my dress was a length well below my knees.

Getting out of here was also a nightmare, we had to walk 15 minutes away from the scariest part of the market we’d encountered in order for a Grab (Uber equivalent) to accept our ride and there were no taxi’s to be seen because of the incredibly small roads and terrible traffic.

Would not recommend.

6  Thank leizeli
Reviewed March 7, 2019 via mobile

This is a rambling market area and I did not see any other non Filipino people.Very cheap and an interesting wander.locals kept warning me to be wary of pickpockets so I carried my bag in front of me like the locals do. Worth a look only if you are not discouraged by the chaos of street markets .

2  Thank veronicac443
Reviewed March 2, 2019

What a great place to visit .
Crowded exciting and a excellent place to hunt and Bargain for a souvenir,
Clothing gifts just about anything that you can think of.

Date of experience: February 2019