“Great historical place to stay!”
Review of New Hotel Miramar

New Hotel Miramar
Ranked #67 of 110 Hotels in Manila
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Great historical place to stay!”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

If you like your hotels clean with a sense of history - you'll enjoy this Art Deco hotel!

Don't stay for the breakfast though... however there are plenty of places nearby to eat.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Matt W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Stayed in miramar hotel last month ( March 2012) and im quite impressed with the room. they maintained the cleanliness and they kept us updated for Room cleaning. The Bed is just ok but i like the ambiance of the room, its full carpeted. The bathroom is nice too. Nothing i can complained about the amenities except for no wifi in the room. u have to pay 100 pesos card for 3 hours consumeable. The location is good if u have appointment in US embassy, walking distance on some restaurant establishment. Overall, i enjoyed my stay there. I just hope they would include free breakfast in their amenities.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Morena B
The Tropics
Reviewed January 13, 2012

I wasn't sure what to expect reading other reviews but I was satisfied with my experience. The room was on the old side, but clean. The bathroom was clean and toiletries were replaced daily. The front of the hotel is noisy with lots of people and cars going by but if you are on the side as I was it was fairly quiet overnight. (Higher floors are good too to keep the noise down if you don't mind the stairs.) My tv and a/c worked which was great. I was concerned about security just because I knew it was in a busy location but all the staff were very vigilant and I felt safe in the hotel. The restaurant was okay, better than a lot although the service might have been more efficient. Everyone was very nice though so I have no complaints.

Room Tip: High floor away from the front of the building.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank DiveShark
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Good, safe location. Clean and with AC, TV, WiFi, and good breakfast. Place has an interesting decor - almost art-deco. Remember this is a 3Star place so don't expect the Ritz. Staff try their best. Try not to get a room at the back on the 2nd and 3rd floors as the drunking karaoke singers - well they can't sing and at 2:30-4am it really is not what you wnat to hear.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back are bigger, but the lower ones get the noise from the lane with its Karaoke ba...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank RafikiLondon
Baguio, Philippines
Reviewed June 14, 2011

I checked in quite early from my early morning flight and was exhausted. I checked in at 6am and asked if there was a room available (booked through agoda.com at PhP2070+) and they accommodated me (thankfully). The receptionist trainee was inexperienced and still needs practice on what to say, what to do and how to do it fast but i guess it was ok since there was a manager guiding him. I used my credit card to pay for the deposit fee of 2000 but they said it was declined (used it the next day in another shop and it was working fine). I paid cash for the deposit.

The bell boy was very helpful. Turned on the A/C, removed the comforter on the bed and then checked that everything is in order. You have to check the bar list and sign on another receipt that the fridge had the right contents. At check out, he hailed me a cab too. The staff had smiles most of the time.

It is a budget hotel and the room was ok. In the bathroom, there were (I think) soap stains on the soap and cup holders. There was no complimentary drinking water. No safe too but you can ask front desk to keep your valuables.

I liked the location since it was close to the US Embassy where my business was. There is a Chowking restaurant and a 7-11 convenience store next door. A Starbucks is across the street and Robinson's mall was within walking distance (left to UN Avenue then right in Orosa).

You have to climb a few steps to get to the elevator. Request for a quiet room if preferred. I stayed in a room near a street but it wasn't an issue for me.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank noleaveswilltravel
Manila
Reviewed May 31, 2011

The hotel is quite old but is cheaper than the other hotels near the area, the bathroom is okay but you can see that it is quite old as the fixture and the toilet bowl says it all. There is only 1 elevator and when we got there it does not work but it is not a big deal since we are only on the 2nd floor.

The room is small but cozy, it is good for a night stay. The breakfast is not buffet but western kind of breakfast, it is also delicious.

What is good with this hotel is the location, it is near to the Manila Bay, near 7-11, Starbucks and some other restaurants. It is also a 5-10 minute drive going to a mall named Robinsons Place Manila..

It is accessible to public transportation such as taxi and jeepneys.

The hotel is fine for its price. They also allowed us to check-in by 6 am without any reservations.

I will stay here again if I need to.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank mystay2009
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 9, 2011

The photo depictions of the hotel through their website is quite deceptive. I booked my 3 nights at the beginning of my stay in Manila and another 3 nights on my last nights in Manila through Agoda.com. I stayed for the first three nights but opted to stay at another hotel on my last three nights, choosing to forfeit what I suspected was a non-refundable last three nights. I found the hotel very old. The carpets are too worn out and the walls of the room that I was given needed a fresh paint. Attempts to open the curtains were very unsuccessful. The room is too small and cramp and there was fetid smell that came from the bathroom. The bed was too hard and it would have been more comfortable to sleep on a concrete floor than its lumpy hard mattress.

The staff were semi-attentive and the restaurant food is below average. I will have to be paid a handsome amount to stay again in this hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank dindo604

Travelers are raving about these Manila hotels