“Great Location, Great Room, Great View, Great Price.”

New World Manila Bay Hotel
Ranked #2 of 108 Hotels in Manila
Wisconsin
“Great Location, Great Room, Great View, Great Price.”
Reviewed December 9, 2009

I think this place is great, but let me start out with the Cons: internet, food and drinks are expensive but plenty of low cost restaurants very close. There is still traffic noise on the 29th floor but there is noise anyplace in the Philippines. The mall is a short walk but you may meet several beggars on the way. This hotel looks old and run down from the outside during the day.

Pros: I have stayed at many hotels in this area and this is one of the best. The location is excellent: It is just a short walk to Robinson's Place Mall, the baywalk, Seven Eleven and small restaurants. A little more walking will take you to the US Embassy, Rizal Park, and Intramuros.

The room was very nice with a large window and a great view of the city and Manila Bay. I got a low price room that did not face the pool and that is what I will ask for the next time I go there.

The staff was friendly. I did not eat there

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Heather64

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed December 9, 2009

Hyatt Manilla meets the overall expectations of a business hotel. I usually stay at the club floor and this was no exception. It was'nt the best club lounge though, as it is not much a serve yourself. The view on the sea is nice though. Location to the hotel is not the best around. The room is very nice, spacious and I really liked the bath/shower design.

I really love the Hyatt in Asia, and this one is not my favorite, but still meets my expectations.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank expatsing
Ontario, California
Reviewed November 26, 2009

There were a total of 8 family members. It was the ist time for my grandchildren to visit Philippines. I was very impressed with all the staff,the breakfast buffet was wonderful.My whole family was impressed with the service. My son left his contact lenses in the room when we check out,we were already in Palawan and my son called The Hyatt hotel and told them about his contact lenses that was left in the room.When we returned back from Palawan we went back to hyatt hotel and they were able to find his lenses.(that's what you call excellence in service). All their staffs are very courteous specially the front desk staffs. .... If we come back for another visit,for sure we will stay @ this place again.
Lauron family from California.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank pengpepot
Ireland
Reviewed November 22, 2009

I'm beginning to realise that Hyatt Hotels are most definitely the best group of hotels in the world. The Manila Hyatt & Casino is no exception. Our family of 10 stayed for 3 nights and we hated to leave. Rooms were spacious, spotless and fabulously comfortable. We had a lovely view to the ocean from our room. Staff in all areas were professional and polite. The highlight of our stay was dinner in the Market Cafe - all you can eat buffet for approx 15 euros per head. There were food stations to suit all tastes - Indian, Sushi/Sashimi, Barbeque, Pasta, Tempura, not to mention the dessert station! I would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending this hotel to anybody travelling to Manila. I read in other reviews that the area the hotel is located in is less than favourable. On the contrary, we found it to be in an excellent location. Less than 5 minutes walk away is Robinsons Mall - a fabulous shopping experience. The Mall of Asia is approx 15 mins by taxi. I hope that I'll get the chance to visit the Philippines again - and stay at the Hyatt.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
5 Thank LavallaB
Singapore
Reviewed November 22, 2009

I stayed at the Hyatt Casino Manila for 5 days during my business trip. It was an excellent hotel, with very courteous and friendly hotel staff. Generally a safe area. Room was well-appointed and clean. Hotel has nice amenities including a casino and a spa. Food at the restaurants was good. It was my birthday and the hotel surprised me with a cake delivered to my room. Very nice gesture. Will definitely return if I visit Manila again. Only negative is that the hotel car to the airport was very expensive.

Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Sherlock H
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed November 11, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed have stayed here twice; more than a week on both times. We loved how there was a casino, great restaurants, a small lounge, and a spa. We were placed on the 30th floor's executive suite and was impressed by the great service their staff provided us.

We had a lot of wonderful memories in this hotel and would recommend it to anyone who'd like a real Manila experience. Just be careful outside the hotel as there are some street vendors who'd offer all sorts of stuff to you, just keep walking like as if you didn't hear anything. I'm sure they wouldn't hurt you or anything. My boyfriend was also approached by women during the times when he'd walk across the street to get some cash from the ATM. At first he felt offended but eventually got used to it. There's also this mall two blocks away from the hotel that has pretty much everything you're looking for. Makati and the airport is only 30-45 minutes away depending on traffic. US Embassy was only 5 minutes away, which we found convenient in case of an emergency. Manila Doctor's Hospital is like 10 minutes away in case you came down with the flu or had a bad meal.

Take advantage of the amenities they offer in this hotel. The restaurants are very comfortable and romantic, the spa was really worth the money, and the casino was very convenient. One thing we didn't like much was how the pool was in the middle of the hotel. It was funny how one guest complained about us--apparently he saw us kissing by the pool at the 28th floor! LOL! The doors of the regular rooms seem to be pretty thin as you can hear noise coming from the rooms in the hallway. Besides all this, the hotel is perfect for young couples ready to try anything and everything.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mypinksuitcase
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed November 2, 2009

I was here for 5 days on business, the hotel was a great place to stay in a city which is still developing. Very friendly staff, great service, excellent rooms, great food with a few restaurants to choose from.

Unless you need to be in Makati City, this is the hotel to stay in.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business