WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of New World Manila Bay Hotel

New World Manila Bay Hotel
Ranked #2 of 110 Hotels in Manila
Singapore
“Super helpful staff in a hotel in a funny location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

I twisted my ankle on the last day. A nurse bandaged me up and I had my lunch meeting in a wheelchair with an ice pack. They even moved my ordered lunch from the cafe to the lounge where we were meeting.

The rooms are very nice, clean and spacious but not remarkable. It's not a grand hyatt. The location is very busy with touts everywhere. The food is quite good. I had breakfast as well as room service. Both above average.

Ate at some nearby local food with a show. Horrible food.

Being Manila, access to airport is so-so. The casino was very very quiet when I looked. Getting a taxi is easy and staff is very helpful and friendly. If you stayed here, you'd probably would not be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tatyee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Manila, Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

Last July 21, 2014, I attended the Induction ceremony of Paco Alumni Association at this hotel. I had a premonition of the parking nightmare I was facing and how true it was. while trying to park the guard at one end of the hotel offer their basement parking when I tried parking there the guard at the entrance told me that they no longer have any space for me. I wish the guards would get their act in order so I don't have to waste gas going around the hotel block looking for a parking space. ultimately, I was force to park a block away from the hotel, if not for a commitment with my host that night I would have just left and not attend the event. The food that night was just so so that I nearly fell asleep, standard fare in all chinese lauriat and nothing stand out. the staff was worst I had a hard time asking for spoon and fork, glass of water and they acted as if we owe them for coming to their hotel. the hotel wifi, it was nothing to talk about because there was no wifi at all, one waiter even told me they don't allow event guest access to their wifi facilities. if not for my commitment to my friend I would have left the event as soon it started, the waiters and supervisor didn't gave me impression that they welcome me there that I should be serving them and not they serving me.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank William K
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

Let me try to say this nicely - Manila is NOT the nicest city in the world. hahaha. It can be dirty, dangerous, and hard to get around. But this Hyatt is like an oasis in the middle of all that. It's not cheap - but well worth it, with myriad restaurants, bars, conference rooms, lounges, a casino, an INCREDIBLE full fitness center and spa, pool, tennis courts, etc. It's only a block or two from the giant Robinsons mall, and there's really not much else you need in Manila, especially if you're flying in or out for business or on your way to Palawan or Boracay, etc. By the way, the rooms are huge and modern and impeccably nice - with great views of the water!

The staff is super friendly and nice in traditional Filipino fashion. I just spent a whole year in Asia and this was one of my fav hotels - though I could only afford it for my last two nights!

***

Hi there! My name is Norm Schriever and I’m an author, pro blogger, cultural mad scientist and enemy of the comfort zone. But mostly I’m just a regular dude from the U.S. who thought there must be more to life than working and playing it safe. So a few years back I quit my job, got rid of all my possessions, and followed my dream of traveling the world and writing about what I saw and experienced.

I hope my words will help people, somehow making the world a better place. You - as a traveler and kindred spirit - are a big part of that goal. So please reach out to me if you need any help or just want to say hi.

Email: hi@NormSchriever.com
Twitter: @NormSchriever
Website and blog: www.NormWrites.com/blog

Room Tip: Ask for water view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
      Cleanliness
Orlando
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

My family and I arrived in Manila on June 23, 2014 and we stayed at Hyatt Manila. My family had a great impression with the Philippines thanks to the very friendly staff, clean rooms, magnificent views from our rooms and excellent service. The front desk staff; Cath, Anna and Sheila who assisted with my reservations and rooms; Peter, Concierge Manager on duty who arranged our van, Miguel at Concierge, Dan, Rolan and Miguel who facilitated loading our luggage to our van, and to Miguel and staff at the restaurant who served us delightfully our first meal on Philippine soil. To all, thank you to an unforgettable experience!

• Stayed June 2014
      Location
      Cleanliness
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Just want to recommend this place for Lunch if you like Dim Sum, it's very good. 5 of us went and we will come back again!

Staff are also friendly and happy.

Get here for 12pm because the buffet ends about 14:30

We paid 888 each, they make there money on drinks!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank thebritishway
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

We celebrated my parents' 50th wedding anniversary at Le Salon and we received nothing but praises from the guests on how well organized the place was and how well-mannered the staff was. Rachel Yam was the event organizer and she made sure that our wishes were met most especially those last minute requests. Our parents will forever remember that night, thanks to Hyatt and Rachel. Very professional crew who will try everything to cater your needs and not disappoint. Great job Hyatt!!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Romeo P
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

The hotel and staff were amazing. This is what I expected from The Hyatt. Unfortunately, the location is really shady. I did not want to walk by myself anywhere outside the hotel ground. However, there are security guards and the elevator require a key for it to work. Overall, it was a good experience. The staff made my stay very pleasant.

Stayed July 2014