“Loved our stay :-)”

AG New World Manila Bay Hotel
Ranked #1 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed there with the kids for the yearly convention we have at PICC. The 2 boys enjoyed the fitness center, pool and jacuzzi. Its also just a stone throw away from Robinsons Place Manila...very convenient. Our room was kept clean and tidy...thanks to Ate April. Breakfast buffet is good and just right....not too overwhelming. We loved our stay here. Thank you Hyatt.

Tip: Choose the higher floors facing the bay.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for AG New World Manila Bay Hotel

Reviewed March 29, 2014

first time to Manila I was not sure about the location of this place so I booked it anyway, just to find out it is a good 30 minutes away from the business district, but that's my fault, not theirs.
service was good and the food in the restaurant very good.
My one problem was that I did not find the housekeeping service overly thorough as I found cleaning materials left in my room by accident. this can happen, but shouldn't

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Guido t
Reviewed March 27, 2014

It does not have the standard of Hyatt. It is old and run down. Aircon in the room leaked and also room service was bad. Did not make up bed. The casino was dirty. The chip were dirty and sticky. It is definitely not 5 star! Should not be branded as Hyatt!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh
4  Thank Hannah Y
Reviewed March 26, 2014

First of all most of Hotel's personnel was very friendly and well trained , you may have difficulties at reception but i can't blame them becasue reception area and lobby was very crowded and massy , if you ignore lobby and casino part you will like to hotel. Specially their steak restaurant was amazing. I ate most delicious t bone cooked as i order, vine served on proper way and their approach to quest was very thankfull. There is another coffee shop at lobby level I used like my office during my stay , free internet and good service and next day even i made my business meetings at this place.
There is a shopping mall very close to hotel (Robinson) i advise you to visit if you have time.
Rooms was clean and comfortable , there was nothing to complain .
Finally i advise this hotel you will not regret.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank mgungor
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Traveling all the way from Greece, being on planes and airports for more than 20 hours, we spent the night at the Hyatt Regency Hotel & Casino on Feb.25th and I can say we enjoyed every moment. It was our very first time in Manila and the Philippines, and as a first impression the hotel and its location was excellent. High standart security and metal detectors to enter almost every public building in Manila, is to us Europeans kind of unusual but we can understand that and get used to it. We reserved a pick up service from the airport to avoid looking for the right transportation and it was more than perfect. We would recommend that to every first time traveler arriving in Manila. At the hotel we were checked in very fast and brought the luggage to the room in less than 5 minutes, witch is an excellent performance by the concierge for a hotel of this size. The beds mattresses and pillows are good and comfortable and the TV set with a big variety of english speaking channels like HBO and NatGeo…The TV could be a bit bigger in size to match with the size of the spacious room. We had a room on the 29th floor and overlooking the harbour The room was spacious and the bathroom very comfortable and modern. Outside the hotel and just one block away is a Robinsons shopping mall, where you will find lots of shops and on its basement a super market for the necessary first time shopping and to get an idea of what kind of products and brands one can find in the Philippines. In the same mall you will find noumerous restaurants. If you do not feel to go out, the casino on the ground floor is a good idea to spend your time without losing much money, or you may get lucky. There are blackjack and roulette tables with a minimum bet of $ 5 approximately and that is for beginners like me very good. Going out at night just across the street there is adult entertainment. In case you wake up late next morning one block away is the closest Starbucks. The promenade and Rojas Blvd, is then right across for you to enjoy a walk in the waterfront. Ninoy Aquino International is less than 30 min. away and so is the domestic Terminal 3. We regret not trying the hotel restaurants, cause we slept 12 hours straight being tired from the trip. We promised ourselves to do it next time.!! The one thing we will never forget is the kindness of the staff (front desk, security, concierge) and how helpful they all were...

Room Tip: High floor, bay view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank stylianmos
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

My experience here is the worst of the 5 stae hotels that I have ever stayed in in the whole world. The check in time was 2pm and we were in the hotel already by 9am yet no rooms were available until 6pm. We ordered extra bed and they keep on forgetting to set it up but if not for me getting angry, it would not have been placed in my room. They also have a korean looking reception or front desk guy who was not entertaining any guests but was busy in his computer and when I was still followingup the availability of our rooms, he just said "im busy". When we entered our room after 6pm, no toiletries were there and only after we complained did they put this. I had a 9 month old baby with me and all this inconvenience gets multiplied even more

Stayed: March 2014
6  Thank Lawyerboy81082
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I must admit I was more impressed than I thought I would be. Check was smooth and received an upgrade to a great sea view/bay view suite; I had reserved a sea view/bay room. Check in staff and bell staff were professional and helpful.

Had dinner at the Chinese restaurant with a work friend. Was great. The kitsch lost my order, but made up for it with a free appetizer while they redid my order. The bbq pork/duck sushi is recommended; sounds odd, but is very good.

Although I was only at the hotel for less than 24 hours, Its well worth the stay.

Room Tip: Sunset views over the bay are great.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo