“Need total uplift in all depts” 3 of 5 stars
Review of New World Manila Bay Hotel

New World Manila Bay Hotel
Ranked #3 of 111 Hotels in Manila
Macau
“Need total uplift in all depts”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I've been staying at the Hyatt over the past 8 years.
Pros:
Great buffet restaurant, but tired after a while. They need to have a change in the selections every now and then just to give it an uplift.
Convenient to the airport.
Love the executive club as its a great place to have small meetings.
Cons:
Used to go to Lilys chinese restaurant but not anymore. They used to have chinese managers but after they had left, the quality of the food deteriorated. The last two times I went there, the seafood smelt so I stopped going there completely.
They should have more seats juts outside e little patisserie. Many times I wanted to get a simple tea and cake but the chairs were always taken up by visitors just sitting there with no beverage nor food ordered. There should be a sign there indicating that the chairs are for customers and the staff should police that.
Last few visits, I noticed they stopped providing hand and face towels in the room and I had to ask for them. Housekeeping service has definitely deteriorated.
The lobby lounge is extremely pricey charging usd$20 for one glass of cheap white wine. There is no where else to lounge and when one wants to get out of the room for a little while.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cebu City, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

The staff are helpfull enough, and friendly, but after maybe 10 to 15 visits over the years I keep hoping the rooms will have been renovated.

The carpets in the rooms are all stained, the walls are marked, curtains (or drapes) are drabby, the soft seating in the rooms are stained.

Since my last visit prices have rissen by nearly 25%, I dont think my experience was enhanced by that much, in fact you end up paying more for less.

I didnt use any of the facilities at the hotel - or in fact any of the food outlets - so I cannot comment on those

Room Tip: A very high room, the 24 hour traffic noise from Jeepneys tooting their horns and reving their engin...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Ladas T
Guam, Mariana Islands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The last day of our trip to manila, we decided to stay a day at the hyatt because of its proximity to the airport and the mall of asia to do some shopping.The surroundings near the hotel was shabby, but we expected it already because of its location. It didn't bother us since we didn't plan on walking around the hotel's vicinity anyway.Bell staff will hail a taxi for you and will drive up in front of the entrance.. Front desk upgraded us to the presidential suite and we were very happy with the accomodation.Very clean and a lively atmosphere because of the casino. We had no complaints with the buffet at the market cafe.We will defintely return!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Thelma M
Townsville, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Traveling on business and unfortunatly it was a let down staying here, not the level of service you would expect from the Hyatt brand. Stayed at regency level club room and the service was like a three star budget motel, club room lounge does limited camp kitchen breakfast (congee or eggs) no omelette, pancakes, eggs Benedict, etc. I changed $100 USD into peso at checkin and I did not count the money I was returned. For the next two days every time I walked past the counter somebody would hassle me saying that they converted too much and gave me double what I asked for, I had to constantly remind them that I will settle that matter upon checkout. No chairs or lounge in lobby, ground floor lounge was roped off, so many business travelers in the morning waiting for lifts from hotel left standing like zombies, I also arrange hotel car the day before for airport, like usual expecting the 5 star to add this to my check out bill, well I admit I didn't check the bill but I get down to the front hotel car waiting to take me to airport. I get in and the Hyatt driver wants over 2000 peso in cash. Back to checkout and transact another visa bill for the transport. Sorry but Marriot in Manila is certainly my future preference. Only good thing really I can say honestly is I was glad to leave.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank STWALL
Richard_M_Simmons, General Manager at New World Manila Bay Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Sir

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Hotel and Casino Manila on your recent visit to our city.

I was very concerned to learn of the less than pleasing experiences you had during your stay and can assure you these have been shared with my team. Immediate improvements are expected as we work together to raise our service standards.

Sir, I would like to also address the issue of the overpayment to a currency exchange transaction that you have shared in your Trip Advisor entry.

May I firstly thank you for the kind gesture of returning the over paid amount to our Front Desk Associate. Clearly, this oversight is not expected and we have shared how we can improve our effencies in this service action. The inconvenience on being asked to return the overpaid anmount is regrettable however as the money being used to facilitate the transaction belongs to the Hotel, our Service Associates need to account for all daily transactions. We did not in anycase believe the money would not be returned moreover we should have been a little more understanding of the inconvenience. I trust this has provided further clarity.

I would be very pleased to discuss your stay further and ask if you wish to contact me directly on richard.simmons@hyatt.com.

Again, we thank you for choosing our Hotel and trust this stay experience will not deter you from visiting us in the future.

Richard M. Simmons
Muscat, Oman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for business purpose.
Overall it's an okay place to stay.
Swimming pool was under repair, so disappointing.
Room carpet was stained.
Worse thing is that there is no seating place in the lobby. One has to stand all the time whenever in lobby. This really bugged me no end.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank MrEveryTalk
Dear Sir

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Hotel and Casino Manila on your recent stay in Manila.

I was concerned to read that during your recent stay at your overall experience was below comfortable and may I extend my sincere apologies for the inconvenience. It is regrettable that at time of your visit our swimming pool was under maintenance. I am now pleased to report is back in full operation. I fully concur with your comments on the carpets in some of our guest rooms. In 2012 we replaced 230 rooms with new carpets and by August 2013 an additional 100 rooms will have new carpets. Further upgrades are planned in 2013. We are looking at options for seating in our lobby however due to size we have been guiding guests to The Lounge on the lobby level where plenty of seating is available.

We greatly value the support of all our guests and trust we will have another opportunity to welcome you back. If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact myself directly on richard.simmons@hyatt.com

Richard M. Simmons
Q.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The amenities in this hotel is so superb. The pool, gym, spa, casino and market cafe combined is a power house for the hotel. The room is very clean and very fabulous. It exceeded my expectations. I really recommend this hotel to everyone. if you want to enjoy a 5-star hotel here in the Philippines, you should stay here. The staff are really accommodating, friendly and always has a smile on their faces. The ambiance of the hotel is just superb. All in all, the hotel is a 5/5.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank CMT1618
Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Dear Travelers,

today i like to share with you my unique relation with the Hyatt Manila, and I know this Hotel since the last 10 years. Before i give my comments to the Hotel, and reading other comments here it is always interesting to see how different comments can be. Maybe in my situation and having the advance that i know the team quite some while and building up personal relationship makes it more personal and beneficial for me.

Yes, i understand from the comments the Hotel has quite some years on it is shoulder but i have seen this in other Hotels, and i have to say that the team does his best to make this forgotten during your stay.

For me personal i love, when i arrive at Manila Airport and we all know it it is no the best Airport i have seen, but from the minute you wait there for your driver everything works well.
In all these years when i arrived in the Hotel, it was never ever the case that I was left by myself, i always (i call it) my personal welcome committee who took care of he until the personal and warm check in to my room.

One of my favors is the RC (Club Lounge 10th floor) apart from the team there supporting and assisting you with all your relevant request is outstanding and they do it so professional and i find always very personal driven which i really enjoy.

I have to admit that the Executive Chef Josef and his team his doing a great job and in the meanwhile he is a personal friend in all these years we know each other, what he is preparing in the CL is very delicate and delicious and i always enjoy spending my time there.

The good thing and of course know that there are new hotels doing there opening and that you have other options where you can stay,, is for me in all these years the loyalty which i have received from the Hotel and his team, which is for my very important. Even being a Diamond Member with Hyatt is all fine and you have some benefits, but this is nothing compare to the personal relationship which was build in all these years.

Yes, i agree there is always room for improvement and do things better, but we all know this and doing the same for our jobs we held responsible for.
The Hyatt realize very well that some adjustment needs to be done in the Hotel and i am sure they will do it but as you all know these things will take "sometimes time" based on the approval process.

For me it is nice waking up in the morning in a different country/city and you know that there is someone who will take care of your during the day that means a lot to me.

The good thing with the Hyatt, is that if i don't have meetings outside i don;t need to leave the Hotel because in the end of they day they offer you everything you need from a personal smile, to great food in the different restaurant to some relaxing hours at the pool or Spa, or just enjoying a coffee on the 1oth with a nice view.

Than in the end of the day, this leaves me with great pleasure that i am looking forward too be back soon, and I wish the team from the Hyatt all the best and Josef many thanks for the chocolate I-phone you have done for me, as you know i lost my original was damaged :)

I wish you all a save travel

With kind regards
Oliver

Room Tip: Higher floor and maybe invest some more money to have access to the 10th Floor, if you are not using...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business