“Budget friendly minutes from most of Manila's best attractions!”

Riviera Mansion Hotel
Ranked #19 of 110 Hotels in Manila
Manila, Philippines
“Budget friendly minutes from most of Manila's best attractions!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

+Very flexible cancellation/change policy
+Good CS from F.O. manager

-Small bed
-About 90% of my requests were not granted :(
-Bed sheet and setup is outdated. Most hotels are using comforters already.
-TV from 1990's
-Elevator is small and VERY slow!
-Crowded lobby
-Over rated menu!

I would stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: 7eleven is just around the corner, if you need just a grab and go breakfast it would save you a lot...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank McCoy14
Emmerich L, Manager at Riviera Mansion Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and for giving us all those pluses.

Some tips regarding the negatives for your future stay:
1. Small beds - We have different bed sizes for different needs. Deluxe rooms come with a standard-sized double bed. I would recommend getting the Premier room for less than $7 more per night which comes with a Queen-sized bed. You may also opt for the VIP KING room which comes with a king-sized bed.
2. I apologize about the requests not being granted. We try our best to accommodate when possible.
3. Premier rooms also come with modern TVs.
4. Lobby may be crowded because of people using the free wifi. You may use the lounge or restaurant in the future. No pressure to have to order anything.
5. Sent you a message regarding the menu. I can recommend some of our guest's favorites.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed August 21, 2013

The hotel is located infront of the Casino Filipino, Mabini street and nearby Robinson Plaza. Lots of vendors outside the hotel. The hotel have small crouded lobby and only one soffa and one bench to set down. I think because of the internet that only free in the lobby and 100 pesos per hour in the rooms and no breakfast included. We got a large and nice Junior suite room with a large bathroom in 16th floor. Staffs at the reception are friendly and very attentive. They do the check in and check out very fast. They staffs at the door are also friendly and polite and helpful. They were alert to offer there umbrellas and helping hands during flood and rainy days in August month. The two elevators in the hotel are very slow and rough, it takes time to come to 16th floor. I still recommend the hotel and will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Emmerich L, Manager at Riviera Mansion Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
On behalf of the Front Office staff, thank you for your kind words. We hope to see you back at the hotel.
If the lobby is full, you may relax inside the Cafe Bar Restaurant just beside the lobby. Hi speed free internet is also available there and there is no need for you to order food. I hope that you can check out this area in the future.
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Large clean room and bathroom. Very generous front desk. Sorry that I forgot the name of the lady of the front desk who upgraded my room in the higher floor which had partial ocean view, She also provided me lot of information regarding the area and many other things (it was my first visit in Manila).
Set breakfast menu was a little drawback (both in quantity & quality).
Manila bay is just 7-8 min walk. You may not get into the water because of the wall, stones on the shore and also water isn't so clean but you can enjoy the view of the ocean and pass good time there. Hotel is surrounded by many eateries, massage parlors and shops.

It is a very good value for the money and will be back to this hotel again in Manila.

Room Tip: Rooms at higher floors.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Revel12
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Pros: Central location- nearby Robinsons Place Ermita (where you can do your shopping, grocery, dine, escape abit from the hot and humid weather); Nice and friendly staff (we asked for a nice extra room for my mom and sister and they did gave us one), affordable rooms, good airconditioning.
Cons: (Unbelievably) slow elevators- its so slow that its faster to go down the steps/fire exit, Php100/hr internet charge, stained carpet, call charges (even for landline).

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Chris T
Aspen, Colorado
Reviewed May 17, 2013

On the plus side: friendly staff provides great service. Nice bathroom with plenty of hot water in the basin and shower. In room safe. lots of storage. Kettle. Negatives: Outdated business model not providing any drinking water and charging for Wifi. complimentary breakfast is small and bland. Other than Robinsons, the neighborhood consists of KTVs and money changers. As a single male visitor, I was accosted by pimps, touts, prostitutes and beggars every time I walked out of the hotel. Compared to other places that I've stayed in the Philippines , I didn't consider it a good value.

Room Tip: Away from street is quiet
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

I reviewed this hotel, positively, about 18 months ago but returned and had a far worse experience.

We had a one night stop over with a very early morning flight, so picked somewhere familiar to get a bit of food and a few hours sleep before departing at 3am.

Baggage and reception staff did well, they were polite and helpful. I want to make that clear. Things started to go badly wrong at the point we ordered room service.

We ordered a couple of dishes and drinks; one dish being fried chicken and chips. I'd had a stomach upset the previous day so wanted something quite safe (by comparison to my familiar English diet). The second piece of chicken I picked up to eat had a quite big bloody patch on the bottom. Pretty disgusting, but I put it to one side and picked up the rest to check - three others were similar (though to a less extent). I called room service and asked them to collect. They apologised and said they'd cook it again. Things wouldn't have been so bad if at this point they'd just accepted that I lost my appetite and no longer wanted the food (besides, I'd had some of the other food and that was settling in my stomach - I didn't want more food an hour later).

On the phone they told me they couldn't do that because it was "in the computer". More their problem than mine I thought. They did send somebody to collect it, but then half an hour later (when me and my partner were in bed trying to sleep ahead of our flight) a woman came back with another plate. I repeated that I don't want it and a longer than necessary conversation ensued, they just wouldn't take no for an answer. Finally she left, we went back to bed. Half an hour later, she came back with another woman and contined to debate the cancellation - saying because I'd eaten one piece they shouldn't cancel. A ridiculous argument as that would imply every diner has to check their whole meal before eating any of it. Eventually they had to accept my refusal to pay and did go away.

The point of my stay was a quick bite to eat and short sleep before a flight, none of which were helped by the room service staff. So, despite the other merits and efforts of other staff my visit failed in its findamental purpose.

This is a one person anecdote, and if you're not interested in room service unlikely to affect you, but it does show a pretty poor side to their customer service.

As an aside; I rated down cleanliness and rooms as the interior is getting quite dated and there are little things here and there that could do with freshening up (or fixing).

• Stayed May 2013
Emmerich L, Manager at Riviera Mansion Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Sir,
I sincerely apologize for the incident. I have looked into it and have found out that it was due to some new kitchen staff who may be lacking a bit in the common sense department. Excellent customer service is our passion and this was certainly a lapse in judgement. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Rest assured that they will be retrained to prevent similar incidents in the future.
Please check your inbox as I have sent you a personal note. I hope that you will still consider staying with us in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Manila hotels

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed at the Riveria for a total of 5 nights during our two week stay in the philippines. We enjoyed every bit of it. The rooms were very clean and spacious with a large bathroom. You can reach Robinson Plaza (which is a big mall) within a 5min walk from the Hotel. The service is fantastic and the staff do there very best to accomodate your every need. They even let us store our large luggage at the hotel during our small island trips around the country which was very convienient. The hotel offers free wifi in the lobby, (wi fi in the rooms are a bit costly). There is also a small resrtraunt/bar in the lobby that serves a decent breakfast in the morning.(although service could be faster)
Also: Although the higher floors (12 and above) offer decent views of the city and even Manila Bay, the elevator is quite slow. So if your not the patient type. Choose a lower floor. Also be sure to book your hotel online as you tend to get a free breakfast voucher.

All in all the hotel is great choice for a stay in Manila offering everything a budget traveler needs and more. We look forward to staying here again the next time we are in Manila.

Room Tip: Although the higher floors (12 and above) offer decent views of the city and even Manila Bay, the el...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jochey
Emmerich L, Manager at Riviera Mansion Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again.