“Ok place.”

Ranked #22 of 109 Hotels in Manila
new jersey
“Ok place.”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed in the premier room for a few days. Front desk was very responsive to my rescheduling needs via email. Housekeeping does a good job keeping it squeaky clean. The furniture was in very good condition however its decor may be from the 90's. I think the small old style tube TV needs to be replaced with a flat panel TV (at least for the higher priced rooms). The bathroom looks to be recently renovated and modern. One issue that I would like management to look into for future guests is the access into the bathroom. There is a three inch high threshold that you have to step over to get to the bathroom. I must have banged my foot into it at least three times leaving me with a painful bruise under my toenail. It can certainly be a tripping hazard especially in the middle of the night if you don't look. Location is more suitable for the adult traveler as the hotel is located in an entertainment district. A big mall is two blocks away with plenty of nice restaurants.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank puwit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Malaybalay City, Philippines
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed at riviera mansion for 2 nights last feb 23 & 24, 2013, we are a big group & we occupied 5 rooms (3 deluxe & 2 premier) service is excellent and the rooms are clean and decent, the only downside is the dead spots of the cellular phone connection, we have a.hard time contacting our group because of the choppy signal inside the hotel and we had a hard time receiving calls from home. Hope the management could fix that. We stayed at the sixth floor but still the signal is bad. I have internet in my phone but i cannot use it when we had a slight problem with our flight booking. I tried to have a web check- in but i cannot do it since there's no printer in computer in the the business center beside the restaurant. But still we had a great stay in the hotel.

Room Tip: Stay in the higher floors cellular signal,might be better....
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Emmerich L, Manager at Riviera Mansion Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
I am glad you had a great stay and that you enjoyed the new Premier rooms. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel for the third time. For future printing needs, please advise our front desk personnel and we can print anything for you at reception.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Stayed 4 nights. Rooms are fine. Breakfast room is small for the number of rooms and not buffet style, so portion control in swing. Breakfast nothing great. The staff as ever very helpful and the duty manager went out of his way to help me with internet search (I had no laptop). They do not get upset if you keep changing your guests in the rooms.. We had 2 rooms and some 8 people in all staying overnight. (But never more than 2 in room on any night).. They looked sort of amused as different members of family/friends came and went each morning.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Donald A
Hi there, it was a pleasure to have helped you with your internet search. Thanks for the feedback regarding our breakfast. I will be working on improving the breakfast that we currently serve. Hope to see you again soon.
toronto
Reviewed February 17, 2013

i had a great stay at my favourite malate hotel , i stayed here so many times i lost count , great location near the mall , i really love the fact i have so many options for food only a 5 min walk . i would like to say the girls at front desk do a great job , if your looking for a nice hotel in the heart of malate this is a great choice for under 60$

Room Tip: try and get room at back of hotel , street noise is loud
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
On behalf of the front desk reception staff, thanks for your kind words.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stayed in this hotel on 31st January 2013 for just one night. No problem with the reservation. Fast check-in without any hassle. My request to change my room due to my daughter having a cold and don't want her to stuck in air-con room for the entire stay was handle with promptness by the staff. They even allowed me to check-in early at no extra charge. I was recommended a premier room that comes with a living room, a separate bedroom and 2 bathrooms. I glad i took it because it was the most beautiful room for the amount of money i paid for it. You can't get the same room for that kind of amount in other cities like in Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur or even Bangkok.

The only downside is that the main door had to be slammed hard for it to close. And apart from that i had to get my cardkey fixed twice since i can't open the door. That was a minor setback but never dampened my stay at the hotel.

Very near to the Robinson Mall about 2-3 minutes walk. There's a 7-11 just a stone throw away from the hotel entrance. Lots of money changers around and i feel safe travelling as a family in the area as long as we are vigilance to our surroundings.

My wife loves the hotel and so does my daughter who loves the space in the room. Had room service and the food was tasty apart from it to be kinda cold. But not too worry there's plenty to eat at nearby Robinson Mall.Not a posh hotel but i assure you that you'll have a wonderful and stress free stay in this hotel. Definitely gonna stay in this hotel in my next visit!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Flash G
Emmerich L, Manager at Riviera Mansion Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Glad to hear that everyone enjoyed their stay. Please come back and stay with us again.
Invercargill, New Zealand
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed twice in this hotel, once for one night in July 2009; and on that experience, again for two nights in January 2013. What has changed in between? The bathroom was much better; in 2009 the bath/shower was unworkable and only blurted boiling hot water at us, no matter what the tap setting. This time round, the shower was great!!! Loved it. The area it was in was still nothing to crow about. I am a (married) white male. In 2009 I couldn't poke my nose out of the hotel door after 6:00pm without being hassled by pimps and prostitutes, even when hand-in-hand with my wife. This time round, surprisingly, I had no hassles with these at all. Instead, it was beggars, at all hours of the day. Of course, there's nothing the hotel itself can do about these, but anyone staying here should be aware that these are the hassles you could face just outside the front door. And even though both in 2009 and now, I had no hassles from either pimps or prostitutes inside the hotel itself, there were plenty of practitioners of the "oldest profession" there. You'd have to be blind not to notice.

Location. Well, it's in the heart of Manila in Mabini St. Expect that outside the door it won't be that savoury. In 2009 I had already stayed in Las Palmas three buildings down the street two weeks previously, and so knew what to expect in that department. It's close to Robinson's (though I personally count this as a minus, as I detest Robinson's), close to Rizal Park, close to Manila Ocean Park, close to Manila Zoo; close to Intramuros; and not too far from the Airport. (Whether THAT is good or bad depends on perspective. i personally wouldn't mourn if I never have to endure NAIA 1 again in my life.)

When we checked out this time round, warned by what had happened to a previous reviewer, on being told, "We check the Room," I told them,"You can check it as much as you like," and beat a hasty retreat out the front door.

In summary, our family found it worth while staying in this establishment a second time. Most of the hassles were found out the front door (though I am grateful to a previous reviewer for alerting me to one that could have been a hassle within the walls). We found it a good place to stay. I don't think you'll find much better in Manila for the money. Just be aware of what you'll face after walking out the door, and you can't go wrong here. I found it a good place to stay. Not perfect (what is for this price?) but it was good enough to get us to come back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank bargada_fino
Bangalore
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I had booked a Deluxe Room in this hotel on their website from 1st Jan to 3rd Jan 2013. Due to some unavoidable circumstances, I had to cancel my trip to Manila and hence I had to cancel this booking too. I sent them a mail in the morning regarding cancellation of the room and to my surprise, within few hours I got reply from them about refund of my booking amount. I really appreciate the promptness. Next time I will surely stay in this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Emmerich L, Manager at Riviera Mansion Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Looking forward to seeing you in the near future...