“Be aware” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 111 Hotels in Manila
Siem Reap, Cambodia
“Be aware”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Good budget hotel but be aware of what you book and then the upgrade price to get abetter room
Friend booked single but I wad double and did not like box room
Upgraded for next 3 nights and stung 1900 extra pesos. Wrong
I booked with agoda and never retained Copy of slip
Staff friendly but reception mot

Room Tip: Know what you book
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank mjck1945
CGSManila, Reservations Officer at City Garden Suites, responded to this review, September 5, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and we apologize for the delayed response.

Our team is happy to hear that you find our staff friendly. Though it is unfavorable to hear that you had trouble with the upgrading. If it is fine with you, can you give us your details (date of stay and email address) so that we can get back to you and the management promises that you will not experience the same problem on your next stay.

I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves and consider staying with us again.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Mara

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
davao city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed this hotel for 6 nights only. Since their room and toilets are clean and big,everyday has a satisfying room service. The food are also good. And most especially their staff is friendly. So my boyfriend and I decided to extend our stay for 11 nights.So I rate this room 4/5. I will recommend this hotel to all my friends. Thank you!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tinalicious
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and our apologies for the late response.

Our team is really glad to hear that we created a truly memorable experience for you and your boyfriend. We are committed in giving you the best service you deserve.

Rest assured that I will share your comments with the rest of the City Garden Suites Team.

We are looking forward for your next stay with us.

Malolos, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Very clean room, quite and nice hotel. WiFi is good, they have free which is slower than the paid services. So i try the paid services which is more faster(yes i think so) and also the Room attendant was nice and polite.

Room Tip: higher floors for manila bay view
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Damulag431
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and our apologies for the delayed response.

We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed our amenities and facilities. Our team is very happy to hear that you find our room attendants nice and polite.

Looking forward to your next stay with us.

Bremerton, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We have stayed here a couple times and it's comfortable and in a convenient location. Double charged for online reservation though left a bad taste in my mouth when the hotel chose to double profit off us rather than cancel a gross error their third party reservation place made.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank MushroomandDhay
Dear Valued Guest,

We are glad to hear that our location is convenient and were to your liking. Thank you for patronizing our hotel whenever you are here in Manila.

It is unfortunate to hear that you were double charged. If it is fine with you can you please provide us your details (date of stay, full name and email address) so that we can get back to you. Rest assured that the management will not let this happen again.

We are looking forward in welcoming you again.

Seminyak, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

One of the best location for leisure activity. Good place for food, night life and for. Friendly staff very-2 helpful can guide you to explore the Philippines. Breakfast was superb. You can customize the dishes. Check-in and check-out was swift.

Room Tip: Go for rooms close to swimming pool. Also choose the rooms on the street side they are less noisy in...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
4 Thank mdaonline
Dear Valued Guest,

We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. From our location to the food, our staff and our check in and check out process. We are committed in providing you the satisfaction you deserve.

We are looking forward in welcoming you again.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

We have been in the Philippines for nearly 2 months and stayed at all sorts of hotels and this place by far had the worst customer service.
We were transferred from there sister hotel Lotus Garden Hotel due to renovations, which we had booked through agoda.
We tried to extend our stay by 2.5 days which is really only 4 hours for half price, but they then decided to charge us the full price not the price from agoda so we changed hotel.
On leaving they tried to charge for 2 sets of slippers which 1 had been opened, we protested and then on ringing house keeping decided only 1 had been opened we refused to pay apparently if you open them you own them.
The safe was locked when we arrived I asked for it to be opened it was still locked 2 days later.
We were very disappointed with this hotel and there customer service.
There are other places to stay in Manila for less money and better service.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Darrel H
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

I booked their 1 bedroom suite with buffet breakfast for my family's medical appointment at St. Lukes as they are only a few blocks away from the hospital and the reviews are quite impressive. I decided to book 2 nights directly at their website thinking that it would be hassle-free plus there would be no hidden/ surprise charges if I transact with them directly.
I only found out that they are using a third party reservation service (directwithhotels ) when I tried to modify my reservation. This was when things started to get all messed up. 2 days ago, I called the hotel reservation and asked about the cost of adding 1 adult. He said it would be 800php. This is above what I wanted to pay for since this is only for the additional adult; breakfast is not included. I wanted to cancel my reservation but the reservation fee that I already paid for is non refundable. So I just decided to cut short my stay to one night. The guy from the reservation said he'll update their logbook and that everything has been taken cared of.
I called this morning to verify the status of my reservation and the lady said she couldn't help me because the transaction was done ONLINE. I told her of the guy who said everything was okay. So she transferred to their "online dept". The call was disconnected. I called back and got transferred, was put on hold, transferred. Finally, the lady said she'll give me a landline and mobile phone # to call. I kept calling but noone answered.
I called the hotel again and gave my numbers for a call back... told them I am calling from the province and that this transaction has already cost me money and time.
As of this moment, nobody has called me back except for the email that I received containing the link to their website where I should modify my reservation.
I am terribly disappointed.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family