“Very disappointed”

Ranked #19 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

We have been in the Philippines for nearly 2 months and stayed at all sorts of hotels and this place by far had the worst customer service.
We were transferred from there sister hotel Lotus Garden Hotel due to renovations, which we had booked through agoda.
We tried to extend our stay by 2.5 days which is really only 4 hours for half price, but they then decided to charge us the full price not the price from agoda so we changed hotel.
On leaving they tried to charge for 2 sets of slippers which 1 had been opened, we protested and then on ringing house keeping decided only 1 had been opened we refused to pay apparently if you open them you own them.
The safe was locked when we arrived I asked for it to be opened it was still locked 2 days later.
We were very disappointed with this hotel and there customer service.
There are other places to stay in Manila for less money and better service.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Darrel H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

I booked their 1 bedroom suite with buffet breakfast for my family's medical appointment at St. Lukes as they are only a few blocks away from the hospital and the reviews are quite impressive. I decided to book 2 nights directly at their website thinking that it would be hassle-free plus there would be no hidden/ surprise charges if I transact with them directly.
I only found out that they are using a third party reservation service (directwithhotels ) when I tried to modify my reservation. This was when things started to get all messed up. 2 days ago, I called the hotel reservation and asked about the cost of adding 1 adult. He said it would be 800php. This is above what I wanted to pay for since this is only for the additional adult; breakfast is not included. I wanted to cancel my reservation but the reservation fee that I already paid for is non refundable. So I just decided to cut short my stay to one night. The guy from the reservation said he'll update their logbook and that everything has been taken cared of.
I called this morning to verify the status of my reservation and the lady said she couldn't help me because the transaction was done ONLINE. I told her of the guy who said everything was okay. So she transferred to their "online dept". The call was disconnected. I called back and got transferred, was put on hold, transferred. Finally, the lady said she'll give me a landline and mobile phone # to call. I kept calling but noone answered.
I called the hotel again and gave my numbers for a call back... told them I am calling from the province and that this transaction has already cost me money and time.
As of this moment, nobody has called me back except for the email that I received containing the link to their website where I should modify my reservation.
I am terribly disappointed.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank Bern T
Olongapo, Philippines
Reviewed March 25, 2014

The hotel was nice, staffs are accommodating from the security to front desk to the restaurant staff the housekeeping, etc. :) everyone was nice .. we had a pleasant stay,.

I was just a little disappointed because weeks before our stay i requested for a non-smoking room, but i guess it just wasn't available by the time we arrived at the hotel. I was just disappointed because I'm expecting a non-smoking room for our stay,. haha but it didn't matter anyway,. the smell of cigarette from the room didn't last long anyway..

But aside from that everything was great,. the room is clean, the bed is so comfortable,the aircon works,. the breakfast is good,. eveyone was all smiles at the restaurant, great service indeed,good food, nice hotel overall. :)

We didn't get to try the massage service I think its just to expensive at Php.800/pax..haha

We would love to come back to this hotel again...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Gieboy
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2014

This hotel is situated in a pretty seedy part of town. Guests are accosted by beggars & night workers as they enter and leave the hotel.

Some of the breakfast staff are very friendly, but the food is pretty poor and the service at reception leaves a little to be desired.

Not recommended for business, but if you like the kind of nightlight that this part of town offers, then this is probably a good lower/mid range place.

Room Tip: The suite rooms are just a few dollars more, but don't expect luxury.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Al S
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

I had an appointment at the US Embassy so I needed to stay at a hotel nearby. I browsed the internet and from among the reviews, this hotel caught my attention. I logged-in to their website on my way to the hotel and it said there were 3 standard rooms available which is the cheapest among the guest rooms. My taxi was already around the corner so I thought there was no need to make a reservation. Upon inquiry at the reception, they said there are no standard rooms available and that the only available room was de luxe. There was no point in arguing, I was tired from a 10-hour commute from the province, I needed to rest, so I just took what was available. The room was spacious and clean. The bathroom was clean. I was satisfied. When I used the toilet, the tank won't flush, I had to fix it. It was just an ill-fitting toilet tank fixture. There was an overhead shower and shower hose for the bath. The overhead shower won't close tightly. The knob for the hot/cold water is not working properly. You either will have water that is too hot or cold. The drainage system for the lavatory is not good either. Water goes down very slowly. Maintenance for plumbing is recommended for this hotel. The staff was courteous, helpful and friendly. Buffet breakfast was good. Waiters are attentive.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank dixiek9
Suzhou, China
Reviewed February 11, 2014

had a fun night in Manila at this hotel, it's close to all the clubs, nightlife, and the low life of Manila. The room was fantastic, great breakfast, clean and hospitable, friendly staff. Would recommend it and will stay there again when we visit the Philippines. The view from the window was not great, but given the location - downtown - it would be a lot to ask. On reflection one of the best hotels we stayed at. This hotel was advertised in the inflight magazine for the aeroplane we were in, so we were not expecting it to be cheap, but it turned out to be good value. Personally, I might choose a hotel in a less busy location, as I find the nightlife a little seedy and sad - the children begging and the old western men with teenage girls can get upsetting. Conversely, we saw a great rock band in a local bar. I found the bar workers a little desperate, and security is heavily armed. For a European, that could be frightening. If you stay in the hotel, and enjoy the fabulous pool, then you might stay cocooned from the street, but you would miss Manila's more colourful and beautiful attractions.

Room Tip: book early to avoid a smoking room, if you want non- smoking.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed February 7, 2014

A friend shouted me a night there, At P2400 it is getting up there for a budget traveler like myself but you do get what you pay for. It was worth every bit of the P2400. Do not be confused with the way they advertise, usually in the Philippines a room tariff is for 2 people but the this hotel has banners advertising cheap rates on a twin share basis be careful. Room was super clean and modern, nothing to fault, if your in the P2K+ bracket , hard to go past this place. They even have the police there a lot as the area of Ermita is getting a bit rough these days.

Room Tip: I believe the newer rooms are better.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo