“Extremely nice staff”
Review of City Garden Suites

City Garden Suites
Ranked #19 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed June 29, 2013

After a horrid experience with the Oasis Hotel coming in late at night, we were ready to leave Manila. Luckily, we were dropped off at the City Garden Suites and were treated with awesome service. We came in late, and they were able to get us into a room quickly (we were tired). There are people in a service capacity all throughout the hotel, and they are all extremely nice and ask if you need anything. The place is super clean, has great access to tours, is in a pretty good location, and has very good rooms (we got a suite that was very large...like a small apartment). They have an adequate gym. I recommend paying the money for a place like this. Oh, and avoid the Oasis hotel (probably the worst hotel I have seen in 50 countries I have visited).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SJA2013
There are newer reviews for City Garden Suites

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Only booked in for a couple of nights as moving on to other locations within The Philippines.
Very tide rooms but Air con quite noisy. Well located close to Robinson's Mall, Free WIFI & staff are very friendly & very helpful. Second visit & would recommend

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2013

They say - good days are best celebrated with people you love. But it's a Fly High BEST if you're with the perfect people at the genuinely right place. Yes, I was here with my friends. 'Twas a scheduled get away from our work-reated stress. At first, we are suppose to spend a night at the red light district's bars but our adventure hormones ignited us to try a more decent place to stay and chill in. We ended up at this right place. We were accomodated by courteous and uberly nice professionals. Rooms are clean and modern offering a sweet air for comfort and relaxation. Food where also exquisite. City Gardens has managed to meet our expectations and even exceeded it. It really pays to get to see the inside (Restaurant,Rooms & Facilities) than just to pass it by and let go of a good opportunity. We were just walk-in customers but we checked out with blissful faces and memories we will forever live.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I visited City Garden Suites last May 6, 2013 for an overnight accommodation. I have an appointment for St. Luke's Extension Clinic in Ermita at that time. First, the online booking is very thorough and I booked a standard room for 2 adults with breakfast. The price is right with taxes and VAT included and there was a prepayment of close to 10% of the total room charge. NO hidden fees and I just have to pay the remaining balance at their hotel. I had my medical exam that day and I squeezed my time to do an early check in at their hotel so my companion could rest while waiting. The front desk attendants were very attentive and accommodated me right away for an early check in. The room is pretty straightforward, it has two single beds which i personally requested for, a flat screen TV, mini bar, ac, closet, safe, vanity and basic bathroom amenities. What I love about our room, although it doesn't have a window, is it is very clean and quiet. The bathroom is spotless, the bed is fairly comfortable. We had an issue with their TV but their maintenance personnel quickly helped and even left another key card to keep our room cool and comfortable. The food served at their restaurant is quite pricey but I still think for the quality, it is very much reasonable. The buffet breakfast is really great, with few guest eating at that time. The location is really good, when you will be staying for business and leisure. It is very accessible and at the same time it is peaceful and not overly cramped with traffic noise. Their lobby is very spacious and comfortable as well. We have to stay in a little further in their lobby while waiting to leave for our late flight. There a lot of foreigners staying at the hotel and by the looks of it, most of them are returning customers judging from how the staff assists and chats with them.

Overall, I am very pleased with our overnight stay for the price, safety and quality of service. I definitely have recommended this to my friends who will be doing business around Ermita. I wasn't able to stay here when I went back to Manila for the embassy appointment since I tried staying at a hotel nearest to the embassy but I regretted that decision and I should have just stayed in this hotel.

My review is quite late and I honestly forgot on writing back to commend them for their service. Thank you City Garden Suites for the lovely service and for sending me an email. I am happy to let everyone on here know of my wonderful experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 5, 2013

If you're looking for a cozy and yet very affordable hotel to stay in, city garden suites should be one of the hotels on your list. They have cool and nice amenities. All the staff are very accommodating and very attentive to what their guests need. What i liked the most is the ambiance of the hotel, you'll feel very relaxed and secure once you get inside. The hotel actually have nice lighting and smell. I also liked how their bathroom looks like and how they provide room services. Aside from its accessibility, they also have a great menu. You will not worry because they have a wide variety of cuisines to choose from, and again very affordable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank GhelC
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Why would you say any where else.
Rooms are clean and modern, air con is good and adjustable, room
cleaned and linen changed every day ( luxury ) ironing or washing ??
Just asked and its taken care of. Beds are lovely and comfortable, I
have stayed there 6 times in 3 years. Wish I could live there.
Breakfast served at 6 am until 10am buffett style. Food is ok, anytime
of the day.
Cafe/ dining room open all day until 11pm.
Staff at desk just so helpful. Security is tight nobody gets in unless
checked at front door. When you get a taxi the doorman will give you a
docket with the taxi number on it as you get in the car.
Robinsons mall is 8 mins walk.
$69 dollars for one night for me, dont whinge about the price as the
hotels down the other end of Mabini st are a lot me expensive and
service not as good.
Your currency is changed at the front counter.
If you go touring ie..Corregidor is like I did its arranged there and
a van will take you to the wharf and pick you up on return.
Check out is noon and if your plane leaves later they keep your
baggage in a store and collect it when you leave. No extra charge.
Taxi takes 20 mins to the airport cost 200 pesos.

Room Tip: Ask for the new wing
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank atisone
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I am also a returning customer of this hotel and my recent trip in May saw me with mixed experiences.

For some reason the bed in my room seemed as hard as a rock, I have never really noticed this before but on this occasion it was very hard, but after having changed rooms once I could not be bothered reporting it again.

I did notice the price of an in room massage has jumped 250 pesos which was a bit of an unpleasant surprise and I notice that they now also mark with a pen all of the drinks in the bar fridge, I am not sure though if you are charged for if you replace a marked with a non marked drink? I often do this and will drink a coke then replace it later so that I am not charged hotel rates.

The reception did seem to be a little understaffed compared to how it normally is.

But speaking of staff, the regular staff, Dindo, AJ and Bonnie were there with welcoming faces and it was good to see them. Sadly the barman Alvin was ill and I wish him a speedy recovery.

I may stay another night at the city garden Ermita but the area for me is going down hill and walking around there is just way too much hustle for my liking, this is of course no fault of the hotel. I even had a guy try and snatch a shopping bag off of me from Robinsons, it only had a pair of socks in it but I got it back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo