“A truly wonderful hotel!!!”
Review of Lotus Garden Hotel

Lotus Garden Hotel
Ranked #22 of 110 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Stayed at this hotel 3 different times in Feb and March of 2012 and I must say it was a very nice experience!!! From the front office staff, especially Camille right up to the Sales manager Jane were truly delightful and very accommodating!!! Ms Jane even took time to sit with me at lunch time to discuss how the hotel was and if all of the staff were doing a great job or not! Its nice to see that some people really care about their job and the hotel!!
Rooms were 4+star quality in the new annex, breakfast has good hot choices with fresh eggs made to order. Lunch was also a nice experience!!!
Close to what any traveller would like, malls, restaurants, bars and the U.S embassy!!!
I highly recommend this hotel based on prices, great room and superb service!!!

Room Tip: For a few pesos more the rooms in the annex are all new and nicely decorated!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Joe T

Reviewed April 18, 2012

Good staff but average hotel. Good breakfast, good location. Just 200 meter from Bay but the bay side was closed by tin boundary ,as some structure was destroyed by Tyfun . Hotel has Gym and pool .

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Mamun867
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We are first time travellers to the Philippines, and planned to stay here on our first night in Manila.

The hotel is in Ermita. We arrived at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport at 5:30am on Sunday morning, so our taxi ride to the Hotel only took us 15 minutes and cost P140.

I picked the hotel purely based on its proximity to the City State Tower Hotel (across the road), which is where I'd planned to take the SI-KAT bus to Puerto Galera the next morning.

Because we were so early arriving at the hotel (around 7am), I feared that they'd not let us check-in till later. But the problem seemed to be that the hotel was overbooked and they had to send us to their sister hotel. It was not so much of a problem, as the sister hotel (City Garden Suites) was only a block away on foot, and probably a bit nicer and quieter. However I was annoyed that this situation had transpired. I’m not sure whether to be angry with the online booking agency Agoda.com for leaving us vulnerable to such a situation, or with Lotus Garden Hotel for overbooking?

In dealing with making alternate arrangements, the reception staff was not apologetic but polite and efficient.

Room Tip: Book directly through the Hotel website instead of Internet Travel Agents (like Agoda.com) to be sur...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hiraz
Reviewed March 31, 2012

This is the sister hotel to the City Garden Suites and is across the road. Having stayed at the City Garden many times, I though that I would save a few dollars by staying at the Lotus Garden - expecting that the place would be the same as City Garden Suites.

How wrong I was. There is no comparision. Originally i had booked a room with a queen bed and that's what I got, however the pass_card for the door and lights didn't work. Neither did the one the facilities guy had nor the one the maid had. So after trying several pass-cards they finally got one to work. however on returning from dinner that card failed also.

I complained to the front desk and demanded another room - so out of sheer bloodimindedness and petulism was moved to a tiny room with a single bed and facing the street. it was incredibly small and noisy. I suffered it for about a minute then called down to the desk and in no uncertain terms told them to cancel my four night's reservation as I was checking out immmediately.

Suddenly, it had all been a mistake and I had been put in that room until a suitalbe one could be made-up. Finally I got a decent room - but with twin single beds. I was beyond caring at that point.

Ok - so now to the pros and cons.

Pros - none. It has nothing that any hotel in the area doesn't have, so has nothing to recommend it.

Cons - poor attitude by all staff (most of the time I had to open the front doors in spite of two guys standing there), crowded and chaotic front desk, very average breakfast fare.

Don't stay there - there are many, many hotels in the area and it would not be difficult for any hotel to be better.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank DrChrisBrisbane
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Im supposed to get a refund for a night's stay that I cancelled.They promised me they will refund my money back to my credit card but its been a month since my trip.This refund was from a trip a year ago.I emailed the reservations dept but no reply.Im so infuriated, I want to warn people who will book and cancel that they will have a hard time getting your money back.
I have been staying at this hotel almost every year that i visit the Philippines.But not anymore.There are a lot of other hotels in that area.I checked out CityState Tower hotel across the street and Im impressed on how big ( and quiet) their rooms are,good security,they have cameras everywhere,courteous,pleasant and efficient staff and most importantly,the rates are a bit cheaper or comparable to Lotus.
The customer service at Lotus sucks!The front desk staff need more training..They answer the phone while you are talking to them.It takes forever to check in and they also take your passport and keep it,unless you ask for it back.They also charge for things you did not use,so check your bill before leaving and ask for a copy of the itemized bill,they only give you a receipt of the total amount.
Room we had was smelly (cigarette smoke),when we asked for a non smoking room.Noisy,we could hear the loud traffic outside ,bathroom a bit dirty.We stayed in the older building.Also be careful walking to the mall,lots of beggars waiting outside the hotel.One even tried to distract us and almost got away with my husband's wallet (in broad daylight).We were quite shaken by the incident,we didnt feel safe anymore..
Breakfast is the only thing I like at this hotel ,but you have to get a coupon at the front desk in order to get breakfast and kids dont eat free.The reason:because kids stay free then they dont get to eat free.You will be charged 150 pesos(about 4 dollars) for a plate of food,250 pesos(6 dollars) for buffet.What a rip off! Here in the US,kids stay free and eat free.
This hotel is not ideal for family with small kids. .You dont want to expose them to this kind of surrounding.Working girls go in and out of hotel rooms without being checked by security.I've seen this everytime i stay here with my husband.
The photos at their website is misleading,The rooms dont really look like what they appear on their website.This is false advertising and is wrong.
So ,you can keep my money but you are not getting my business anymore.
Finally,travellers,check out other hotels in the area especially Citystate Tower Hotel and you will get your money's worth

Room Tip: if you ask for non smoking room,make sure its non smoking when you get there
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank shirley_122000
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Don´t choose a room to the back. There is loud live music until 2 am. Apart from that the hotel is OK

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Per V
Reviewed March 3, 2012

This hotel pretend to be a 3 star hotel but its not dirty hallway like dormitory dirty wood floor old ferniture rude reception maneger. better stay again in la corona. plenty of beggars and rob you of your money,

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends