“home away from home”

Ranked #27 of 108 Hotels in Manila
Quezon City, Philippines
“home away from home”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Hi I've been staying in this particular hotel for years now.,the rooms are spacious, the staff are friendly,the amenities are available to make the guest comfortable and talk about the location its situated near Robinsons Manila, its walking distance from the awesome view of manila bay, well what more can you ask for, I feel very comfortable and it feels like home away from home, oh and the price is quite reasonable,so I would recommend it to friends n family if they need a nice place to stay,in the heart of Manila The Executive Plaza Hotel is the place to be..

Room Tip: choose the non smoking floors or higher room floors, or book early to get a good room rate
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Jacky O
Elliessa M, Hotel Online Supervisor at The Executive Plaza Hotel Manila, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Dear Jacky O,

It is a pleasure reading such a good comment from a valued guest like you and this lifted our spirit for excellency. With your high ratings, the entire team of The Executive Plaza Hotel would like to thank you sharing your experience to our future and potential guests.

Once more, thank you and we are excited to welcome you back here again.

Hotel Online Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Last week, I was able to stay at Executive Plaza with other delegates for an event. The hotel is quite old school in design. I find the room I was booked in as dark and the tv reception is not quite clear. However, the best feature of the hotel is its location within the heart of Manila.

Overall, if one is on a budget trip then this could be one possible consideration.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Demz_Pogi
Dear Demz_Pogi,

We appreciate you taking time to share your experience with us.

Through our valued guests like you, we are able to know more of our weaknesses and strengths. Your comments were taken into consideration as we know that this will help us improve in the growing industry of hospitality.

Even so, we thank you for considering our hotel as an option in some other way. We still hope that you will be visiting us again to see the changes.

Southern Finland, Finland
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I have been visiting this hotel maybe nearby 20 times and what really amaizes me is deposit they will ask to cover minibar expences. Is that really neccessary to customer always paid his bills before and returning back? Safe deposit box on the room would be nice to keep belogings in safe. Front desk service with many forms is slow,..check out took more than 10 minutes. But still worth of the money 40 Euros per night.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Niko_sta
Elliessa M, Hotel Online Supervisor at The Executive Plaza Hotel Manila, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Niko_sta,

Thank you for taking time to post a review of your experience with us.

We are so glad to know that you are one of our guests who never fail to visit and stay with us. We are sorry for any inconvenience. Though with regards to the deposit that is refundable upon check-out, it is the hotel policy to impose such. All your comments are being reviewed for further action as your feedback are important to us.

We look forward for more opportunity to welcome you back. Again, thank you for your continuous support.

Elliessa Marantan
San Jose del Monte, Philippines
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I booked this hotel online so before I checked in I confirmed my booking by calling their number, was just surprised why the front desk person who answered the call seems so clueless about online bookings. I told him that my reservation has already been paid for.

When I checked-in, it seems that the front desk people are NOT SO FRIENDLY. Usually, guests are greeted with a smile even before they step in close to the front desk counter. I felt chilling cold like someone smile back just for the sake of doing it. I just went on and did not mind it since I'm already there and I needed the room for my next day appointment at the US Embassy nearby.

It was around past 4am when I got ready to leave, I asked for assistance from the head guard to grab me a taxi going to the US Embassy which I'm sure most guests would expect that guards would gladly assist them but in my experience, it seems that the head guard (not regular guard) is so accommodating. He seemed shocked why I even asked for assistance when in fact I called the front desk about it before I even came down from my room. It's just another cold demeanor towards me. I was thinking, well, maybe the guard was just sleepy and might have lost focus so I didn't mind it. You'll be enlightened as I go along with my story.

It was already 2pm when I went back to the hotel after a successful appointment at the US Embassy. I understand that the checkout time was noon so I just opted to stay for the night instead since I have my brother with me and we still have some things to do later in the day.

I went to the front desk around 3pm after changing clothes. There I saw two foreign guys being assisted at the front desk. I'm sure they're busy with the transaction for whatever that maybe. I was expecting that at least someone at the front desk will acknowledge me and my brother's presence and at least tells us to have a seat first til we get our turn. Apparently, there was none. It felt like our presence is not even there at all. Nobody greeted. Nada...null.

Isn't it good customary to acknowledge someone's presence even though you can't assist them right away? Where has gone the good customer service the hospitality industry is bragging about? Is that because we're Filipinos and not foreigners? What's the difference? We're paying the same amount of fees, room mates and what have you, we're not staying for free. We give tips after every hotel service we get. I don't understand the cold treatment we've had from these front desk people which the room service people did not show, instead they were very friendly and polite.

When it was my turn, I asked the front desk clerk that I'm opting to stay for one more night, instead she told me that we can only stay overnight coz the hotel is fully booked. What I'm trying to say is that we only need one more night to stay since it's past noon and we no longer want to check out. From the tone of her voice it seems that she doesn't want us there anymore. As what like, is that how you treat your local FIlipino guests?

I really don't understand the cold treatment. It feels down right insulting and degrading for local guests to be treated unfairly.

I had no choice but to take it all in. I can't leave anymore and our stuff is not ready.

Me and my brother went out after confirming a new online reservation to stay for the night. When we both came back to the hotel, there's a guy at the entrance who opened the door. He was probably expecting a foreign guest but as I expected, it's another cold treatment and there was not even a greeting to welcome us.

I said to myself, it's alright, I'm checking out tomorrow anyway.

It's past 9am when we checked out, I was trying to call front desk to tell them that we're checking out but no one is picking up the phone. When we went down just a 2-3 minutes later, there were people in the front desk. They just probably don't want to pick up the phone.

Anyways, so much for the bad experience. It's a freezing cold treatment just as cold as the on-going Sochi Winter Olympics.

The only saving grace about the entire stay was the amazing people behind room service. Found out they were just OJTs who treats locals better than their "employee" counterparts.

I'm soon to be engaged with my American fiance and feels as well that my experience wasn't very good.

Being a travel website owner myself, I think it's my duty to share my personal experience with the hotels I stayed during my travels. It will help other people bound for travel to make better choices.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
5 Thank Mattraveller2014
Dear Mattraveller2014,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing The Executive Plaza Hotel.

Second, we are very sorry for the unpleasant experience you have encountered during your stay with us, specifically that time where we have a bulk booking. Moreover, we understand that such kind of treatment should not have any room in the hospitality industry. In fact, based on our statistics, locals are on top of our list, hence we ensure that our guests are being acknowledged.

Nevertheless, all your concerns were reviewed for the necessary action. Comments like yours are very important to us and we are thankful for calling our attention.

Hoping you will be back again for another chance to be of service to you.

Elliessa Marantan
Hotel Online Supervisor

Travelers are raving about these Manila hotels

Shenyang, China
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I was in Manila last year and stayed at a nearby hotel. I booked that hotel again this year because I was unsure of other places.

At that nearby hotel, a few problems occurred and when I was in the elevator another guest told me he was moving to The Executive Plaza Hotel -- and that it was clean and comfortable.

The next day I did. When I checked into Executive Plaza, the staff were so nice that I ended up talking with them for a while.

My room was great -- very quiet and CLEAN. Nice water pressure and hot water in the shower. Good TV, aircon worked well. Room #10-something, in the corner. Very big and nice.

If you're staying in Malate, want a place close to Robinson Mall and other such spots, and prefer a clean, comfortable place to stay, Executive Plaza is a good choice.

Room Tip: Corner room higher floor.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank HelloHarper
Elliessa M, Hotel Online Supervisor at The Executive Plaza Hotel Manila, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Harper H,

First of all, on behalf of the entire team of The Executive Plaza Hotel, we would like to thank you for such a good review/comment and a high rating given to us. Also, we are so touched by recommending our hotel to other potential guest through this as this is very helpful.

It is very inspiring reading your comments and a motivation to aim for excellence. Truly, our 'I-Care' program is at work. With this, we will endlessly observe and maintain the good customer service for everyone.

Again, thank you so much and we look forward for another chance to be of service to you.

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

We like the location,you can walk to any direction to find something interesting,blocks to the Robinsons mall,short distance to the park and ocean,as well as the U S Embassy.
Every time I come to Manila,I stay here,and when I leave, I stay here as well.
The rooms are wonderful for us,very clean,nice size,and comfortable.
The staff have always been good and friendly to us,helped us in any way they can.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Scott L
Elliessa M, Hotel Online Supervisor at The Executive Plaza Hotel Manila, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Scott L,

Warmest greetings from The Executive Plaza Hotel!

We are glad that you had enjoyed your stay here at our hotel. Sharing your experience and comments will be of great help to other travelers like you when they visit Manila.

Giving us a high rating and great comments are very inspiring to endlessly provide the best service and competitive room rates. And we are glad that you are one of our valued guest who never fails to see us.

Thank you so much and we look forward to welcome you again!

nyk
Reviewed January 11, 2014

the hotel is not very modern, old rooms and decor. It is walkable from robisons mall and also a 7/11 next door. The wifi is limited for only 30 mins everyday in the room and at the reception, the staff would secretly enter the code on to your device for unlimited period wifi only at reception. . There was no breakfast included with the room. The hotel is on a small crowded street where parking is difficult and there are always beggars and vendors waiting for people getting out of the hotel.... they could pester you a lot !
.... The restaurant is decent.
Do not expect much , Its an avg hotel but there are much better options close by for similar or lower prices...

Room Tip: try other options near by ...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank nyk1981
Elliessa M, Hotel Online Supervisor at The Executive Plaza Hotel Manila, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Dear nyk1981,

We would like to thank you for sharing your review with us and for still choosing The Executive Plaza Hotel for the many times you have visited Manila.

Once again, for everyone's knowledge, the Wifi is no longer limited for 30 minutes way back Jul 2013. Therefore, internet connection should not be an issue at this time. This is because we care for our valued guests in which internet connection is a necessity.

While as for the breakfast, guest has offered to have an option to choose between our set breakfast or the buffet breakfast which is chargeable at affordable rate.

Nonetheless, we still hope to see you again.