“Frequent visitor”

The Executive Plaza Hotel Manila
Ranked #27 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I have been visiting this hotel maybe nearby 20 times and what really amaizes me is deposit they will ask to cover minibar expences. Is that really neccessary to customer always paid his bills before and returning back? Safe deposit box on the room would be nice to keep belogings in safe. Front desk service with many forms is slow,..check out took more than 10 minutes. But still worth of the money 40 Euros per night.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Niko_sta
Elliessa M, Hotel Online Supervisor at The Executive Plaza Hotel Manila, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear Niko_sta,

Thank you for taking time to post a review of your experience with us.

We are so glad to know that you are one of our guests who never fail to visit and stay with us. We are sorry for any inconvenience. Though with regards to the deposit that is refundable upon check-out, it is the hotel policy to impose such. All your comments are being reviewed for further action as your feedback are important to us.

We look forward for more opportunity to welcome you back. Again, thank you for your continuous support.

Elliessa Marantan

There are newer reviews for The Executive Plaza Hotel Manila

Reviewed February 15, 2014

I booked this hotel online so before I checked in I confirmed my booking by calling their number, was just surprised why the front desk person who answered the call seems so clueless about online bookings. I told him that my reservation has already been paid for.

When I checked-in, it seems that the front desk people are NOT SO FRIENDLY. Usually, guests are greeted with a smile even before they step in close to the front desk counter. I felt chilling cold like someone smile back just for the sake of doing it. I just went on and did not mind it since I'm already there and I needed the room for my next day appointment at the US Embassy nearby.

It was around past 4am when I got ready to leave, I asked for assistance from the head guard to grab me a taxi going to the US Embassy which I'm sure most guests would expect that guards would gladly assist them but in my experience, it seems that the head guard (not regular guard) is so accommodating. He seemed shocked why I even asked for assistance when in fact I called the front desk about it before I even came down from my room. It's just another cold demeanor towards me. I was thinking, well, maybe the guard was just sleepy and might have lost focus so I didn't mind it. You'll be enlightened as I go along with my story.

It was already 2pm when I went back to the hotel after a successful appointment at the US Embassy. I understand that the checkout time was noon so I just opted to stay for the night instead since I have my brother with me and we still have some things to do later in the day.

I went to the front desk around 3pm after changing clothes. There I saw two foreign guys being assisted at the front desk. I'm sure they're busy with the transaction for whatever that maybe. I was expecting that at least someone at the front desk will acknowledge me and my brother's presence and at least tells us to have a seat first til we get our turn. Apparently, there was none. It felt like our presence is not even there at all. Nobody greeted. Nada...null.

Isn't it good customary to acknowledge someone's presence even though you can't assist them right away? Where has gone the good customer service the hospitality industry is bragging about? Is that because we're Filipinos and not foreigners? What's the difference? We're paying the same amount of fees, room mates and what have you, we're not staying for free. We give tips after every hotel service we get. I don't understand the cold treatment we've had from these front desk people which the room service people did not show, instead they were very friendly and polite.

When it was my turn, I asked the front desk clerk that I'm opting to stay for one more night, instead she told me that we can only stay overnight coz the hotel is fully booked. What I'm trying to say is that we only need one more night to stay since it's past noon and we no longer want to check out. From the tone of her voice it seems that she doesn't want us there anymore. As what like, is that how you treat your local FIlipino guests?

I really don't understand the cold treatment. It feels down right insulting and degrading for local guests to be treated unfairly.

I had no choice but to take it all in. I can't leave anymore and our stuff is not ready.

Me and my brother went out after confirming a new online reservation to stay for the night. When we both came back to the hotel, there's a guy at the entrance who opened the door. He was probably expecting a foreign guest but as I expected, it's another cold treatment and there was not even a greeting to welcome us.

I said to myself, it's alright, I'm checking out tomorrow anyway.

It's past 9am when we checked out, I was trying to call front desk to tell them that we're checking out but no one is picking up the phone. When we went down just a 2-3 minutes later, there were people in the front desk. They just probably don't want to pick up the phone.

Anyways, so much for the bad experience. It's a freezing cold treatment just as cold as the on-going Sochi Winter Olympics.

The only saving grace about the entire stay was the amazing people behind room service. Found out they were just OJTs who treats locals better than their "employee" counterparts.

I'm soon to be engaged with my American fiance and feels as well that my experience wasn't very good.

Being a travel website owner myself, I think it's my duty to share my personal experience with the hotels I stayed during my travels. It will help other people bound for travel to make better choices.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank Mattraveller2014

Dear Mattraveller2014,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing The Executive Plaza Hotel.

Second, we are very sorry for the unpleasant experience you have encountered during your stay with us, specifically that time where we have a bulk booking. Moreover, we understand that such kind of treatment should not have any room in the hospitality industry. In fact, based on our statistics, locals are on top of our list, hence we ensure that our guests are being acknowledged.

Nevertheless, all your concerns were reviewed for the necessary action. Comments like yours are very important to us and we are thankful for calling our attention.

Hoping you will be back again for another chance to be of service to you.

Elliessa Marantan

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I was in Manila last year and stayed at a nearby hotel. I booked that hotel again this year because I was unsure of other places.

At that nearby hotel, a few problems occurred and when I was in the elevator another guest told me he was moving to The Executive Plaza Hotel -- and that it was clean and comfortable.

The next day I did. When I checked into Executive Plaza, the staff were so nice that I ended up talking with them for a while.

My room was great -- very quiet and CLEAN. Nice water pressure and hot water in the shower. Good TV, aircon worked well. Room #10-something, in the corner. Very big and nice.

If you're staying in Malate, want a place close to Robinson Mall and other such spots, and prefer a clean, comfortable place to stay, Executive Plaza is a good choice.

Room Tip: Corner room higher floor.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank HelloHarper
Elliessa M, Hotel Online Supervisor at The Executive Plaza Hotel Manila, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear Harper H,

First of all, on behalf of the entire team of The Executive Plaza Hotel, we would like to thank you for such a good review/comment and a high rating given to us. Also, we are so touched by recommending our hotel to other potential guest through this as this is very helpful.

It is very inspiring reading your comments and a motivation to aim for excellence. Truly, our 'I-Care' program is at work. With this, we will endlessly observe and maintain the good customer service for everyone.

Again, thank you so much and we look forward for another chance to be of service to you.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

We like the location,you can walk to any direction to find something interesting,blocks to the Robinsons mall,short distance to the park and ocean,as well as the U S Embassy.
Every time I come to Manila,I stay here,and when I leave, I stay here as well.
The rooms are wonderful for us,very clean,nice size,and comfortable.
The staff have always been good and friendly to us,helped us in any way they can.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Scott L
Elliessa M, Hotel Online Supervisor at The Executive Plaza Hotel Manila, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Dear Scott L,

Warmest greetings from The Executive Plaza Hotel!

We are glad that you had enjoyed your stay here at our hotel. Sharing your experience and comments will be of great help to other travelers like you when they visit Manila.

Giving us a high rating and great comments are very inspiring to endlessly provide the best service and competitive room rates. And we are glad that you are one of our valued guest who never fails to see us.

Thank you so much and we look forward to welcome you again!

Reviewed January 11, 2014

the hotel is not very modern, old rooms and decor. It is walkable from robisons mall and also a 7/11 next door. The wifi is limited for only 30 mins everyday in the room and at the reception, the staff would secretly enter the code on to your device for unlimited period wifi only at reception. . There was no breakfast included with the room. The hotel is on a small crowded street where parking is difficult and there are always beggars and vendors waiting for people getting out of the hotel.... they could pester you a lot !
.... The restaurant is decent.
Do not expect much , Its an avg hotel but there are much better options close by for similar or lower prices...

Room Tip: try other options near by ...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank nyk1981
Elliessa M, Hotel Online Supervisor at The Executive Plaza Hotel Manila, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

Dear nyk1981,

We would like to thank you for sharing your review with us and for still choosing The Executive Plaza Hotel for the many times you have visited Manila.

Once again, for everyone's knowledge, the Wifi is no longer limited for 30 minutes way back Jul 2013. Therefore, internet connection should not be an issue at this time. This is because we care for our valued guests in which internet connection is a necessity.

While as for the breakfast, guest has offered to have an option to choose between our set breakfast or the buffet breakfast which is chargeable at affordable rate.

Nonetheless, we still hope to see you again.

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were ok since we got 2 rooms for my family of 6. Had me pay for almost 300 php for an old hand towel which I used as a bath mat.It was really old so I thought it was a bath mat since there was none. Housekeeper reported I stained it but it was fr d dirt on the bathroom floor which they have white tiles on it what would u expect it will still be immaculate when u take a shower. I explained it to d manager of the day that it wasnt stained and told them there ws no bath mat but they didnt believe me.The worst hotel experience we have...as if I am a liar!Will not recommend and definitely will not stay here again!Very bad customer service!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Bernadette G
Elliessa M, Hotel Online Supervisor at The Executive Plaza Hotel Manila, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Bernadette G,

First of all we would like to thank you and your family for choosing The Executive Plaza Hotel as a place to stay.

Second, we are sorry if our service was not able to reach your expectation. With regards to that, we have done further investigation of what had happened.

We would like you to know that it is a hotel policy that items that can no longer be used is chargeable. We have done our best trying to remove the stain so as not to charge you, but unfortunately, it is unsuccessful. As for the bath mat, we are mystified if there is really no bath mat available when you checked-in. It is our standard to ensure that the room amenities are complete before guest checked-in. If we fail to put one, it is a pleasure for us if our attention has been called to immediately provide the necessary. And if we are not able to provide any, it is a practice to have this declared as missing item so as not to charge our guest once the room has been inspected upon guest checked-out. In which in your case, it was not reported that there were missing items in your room when you checked out. Therefore, the room setup was complete.

Nevertheless, we thank you for taking time to review your stay with us and we do hope that we could still welcome you here at The Executive Plaza Hotel.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

A small little room and prices any way in Philippines are less costly.However I would recommend to not to book the hotel on bed and breakfast basis and to book it only on the bed basis as you can find plenty of foods from the 7/11 in the next door.The restaurant and overall the servce was very well done but the issue was what menu they offered for the breakfast when you book it on bed and breakfast basis.Beacuse I did not figure out what menu they offered to us.This could be easily used to access intramurus,rezal park, santiago fort and manila bay and divisoria.....by the way nice philipino style....

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Elliessa M, Hotel Online Supervisor at The Executive Plaza Hotel Manila, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear Charith L,

Greetings from The Executive Plaza Hotel!

We would like to thank you for giving us a high rating for this review. We are deeply touched by highlighting that our overall service is very well done. This is very inspiring!

As for the restaurant, your helpful comment was taken seriously. By the way, the hotel has already offered the buffet breakfast, early fourth-quarter of 2013. Nevertheless, we hope we can welcome you back here on your next visit and have it a try this time.

Again, thank you for the positive comment.