“a home away from home”

Ranked #27 of 110 Hotels in Manila
usa
“a home away from home”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I was to make a decission on the hotels side by side fronting casino. I came in first with the other hotels but the doorman & reception are not warm enough. When I came to Executive Plaza Hotel I was greeted immediately by the security and the reception was warm. I know I am having a right choice. True enough I had a clean decent room and I secure my valuables, good wifi and the best it is near the casino, airport, mall and golf course with other attractions. Stayed a week.I am very satisfied and good with my 42$ Terrific. I could not ask for more. I found my home here in Manila

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Erickson G, Sales Manager at The Executive Plaza Hotel Manila, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
We thank you for your high ratings about your stay in the Executive Plaza Hotel. It is an honor to read your positive comments that are very motivating for us as a team.

We are delighted that you have enjoyed your time with us and that we have been able to meet your expectations. Your comments about the services as well as the surroundings of the hotel will be much value to our future guests.

Hoping for your next visit soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Seabrook, Texas
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I chose this hotel due to it's price and proximity to the airport, Mall of Asia, Market and Fort Santiago attractions. It met all the above, and was right across the street from the Hyatt Casino and Resort, which was a surprise. Room was modest but clean, inside dining and street access to transportation. There was a girlie bar down the street and the street was crowded with homeless and a lot of people. I had no problems with anyone, however it can make you a little nervous. I traveled Solo, so none of these were issues, but families should be aware. Nice hotel for a reasonable price. I would recommend it.

Room Tip: From the airport do not take a taxi as they will charge you about $20 US. Walk to the street outside...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you very much for your review of your stay at Executive Plaza Hotel.

We highly appreciate your comments about the services as well as the surroundings of the hotel that will be of much value for future travelers.

We are looking forward to welcome you back again. Please do let us know if we can be of any further help. Thank you.
Makati, Rizal, Philippines
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The hotel is across to the casino, loved their clean big rooms. Honest roomboy which ileft my purse under my pillow but when i came back its still their. The hotel is 20mins to mall of asia but another mall just around the corner. The rooms is a little outdated but function and right in my budget for 43$ a night stayed for a week. Staff from security are helpful. I will definitely refer to my friends. Keep it up.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Executive Plaza Hotel.

Your positive feedback is highly appreciated as well as for recommending our hotel to your friends. We want to be known with our remarkable service. Hence, we will continue to provide the service levels expected of our guests or exceed them.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Luzon, Philippines
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I always book my guest in Executive Plaza Hotel.. The employees are all friendly from the security guards, bell boys, house keeping and the smiley F O team...The room is big and classy and clean
The location is good and a walking distance to Robinson mall, to Roxas Blvd... The Room with Breakfast is just cheap to compare to the 5 star hotel. The food is good .

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Erickson G, Manager at The Executive Plaza Hotel Manila, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Ms. Charito

We are very much pleased to know that you had a pleasant stay with us, we are overwhelmed by the praises we received from you. And we will let this commendation from you, to serve as inspiration for us, to provide the same comfort and hospitality all our other guest deserved.

O.I.C. Sales and Marketing Manager
Spring, Texas
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed at 8 hotels in 30 days of island hopping around the Philippines. This was by far the worst experience i had. called before booking to check on storing one suitcase for a week. Was told no problem. When we arrived, the bellboy was giving my girlfriend a really hard time. I had stayed by the car with the other bags in the taxi to ensure the driver didn't take them. She was refused service until i started walking quickly toward the hotel. Immediately he complied and gave her a storage receipt. One week later, they would not let us check in until they "had a room ready" which meant we had no choice but to eat at the restaurant. The paper-thin pork chops tasted like a block of salt rubbed onto leather. During check-in we were told that we had 30 minutes of room internet each day. When i asked about it later in the day, they said they "were out for the day". I told them that it was completely unacceptable. When we made it to our room after a 5+ minute wait for the only working elevator, we discovered that the bed had a bottom sheet but no top sheet. To think we would get under a duvet when the room was over 90 degrees is absurd. When i called housekeeping, they said it would be an extra charge. I called the front desk and asked for a manager and was told neither the manager or a supervisor was "available to take my call". Thirty minutes later a sheet arrived. the front desk was unfriendly. The only good thing was the bellman during our stay was very polite. I guess it is fitting that we were never thanked for choosing to stay at this ridiculous hotel. I would never stay here again and suggest you make the same decision.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chrisw23
Erickson G, Manager at The Executive Plaza Hotel Manila, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Mr. Chrisw23

Greetings from Executive Plaza Hotel!

We are saddened by the events transpired during your stay with us. It is very unfortunate and regrettable that you have to endure such experience.
We have taken all your comments seriously, and be assured that we'll set up things right, so as to avoid recurrence of same situation.

We hope that you'll be back to us soon and give us the opportunity to be of your service again.

O.I.C. Sales and Marketing Manager

Travelers are raving about these Manila hotels

Upminster, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

I booked on line with Agoda (their rates are cheaper than hotels) for myself and girlfriend. When I met her she turned up with her 2 young children, I thought the hotel might have something to say about this as I had only booked for 2 adults. But, they did not and I have a feeling that I was actually given a larger room. The room was great, nice clean comfortable king size bed, good cable package, cold A.C. And very smart shower room. There is a mini bar in the room but don't use it, I was charged ten times the price for a bottle of water that I could have bought next door in the 7/11. It is 5 minute walk to very large Robinson mall. The streets are dirty, beggers and street touts everywhere and can get rather annoying.

• Stayed April 2013
Erickson G, Manager at The Executive Plaza Hotel Manila, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Mr. Markallanwainwright,

Thank you for choosing Executive Plaza Hotel for your stay here in Manila. We appreciate your generosity in providing constructive comments about the hotel.

Rest assured that we will be continually coordinating with our local community officials to bring about improvements within Malate Manila area and

We're looking forward to have you with us again and be of your service to you

O.I.C. Sales & Marketing Manager
nyk
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Hotel - Located close to robinsons place manila

Pros :
The lobby is done good , the bar and the restaurant is decent with pool tables...
The location of the hotel is good , with a 7/11 just outside the hotel , robinson place manila is just 5 min walk
the security is good , even the elevators needed the room card for access to particular floors !

cons
The wifi is only free for 30 mins in the hotel room and free in the lobby (the staff puts the password for you for lobby access)....

The price deal I got was ok for the room, but dint have free breakfast, i think for the value of money it was not worth
the rooms were large ,but ok , not modern , needs some refurbishment, the bathroom was also the same, decent but nuthing great
there was no locker in the room !

I think there are quite a few options in the surrounding places... with better prices and facilities...

Room Tip: check out places near by for better deals and good value for money with better add ons !
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank nyk1981
Erickson G, Manager at The Executive Plaza Hotel Manila, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Mr. Nyk,

We would like to extend to you our sincere gratitude for choosing Executive Plaza Hotel for your stay here in Manila.

And we're thankful for the compliments you have for us. Be assured that we'll make things much better for you and for our other guests. Every comments of you and other guest will be given proper and immediate attention. So we can provide you a much better service, facilities and amenities

I further hope that you'll have a chance again to stay with us soon.

Regards,