“Do not book this using Viator.com”

Manila Bay Cruise by Sun Cruises
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I booked this "sunset" cruise online using Viator.com. I seriously regret doing so. The promises Viator made were grossly exaggerated, as was the price. I notice from the comments of others here what their price was. Booking through Viator.com cost me FOUR TIMES the price.

I booked a sunset dinner cruise for two, including a banquet. What I got was a short cruise that arrived back on shore before the sunset, didn't give anywhere nearly as comprehensive a tour as Viator.com promised, plus just a very light meal of quite modest proportions. Certainly no banquet.

I got to enjoy the famous Manila Bay sunset while in the ride back to my hotel, along Roxas Boulevade. What a pity it wasn't in the cruise, as was promised.

For what it actually was and what it *really* costs, it probably wasn't so bad, really. It was a pleasant late afternoon, the water was calm, the skyline of the city from the marina (close to the US Embassy) to the Luneta area was quite a spectacle - though Viator had promised the cruise would also be going the other direction as far as the Mall of Asia, which it didn't.

If what I got was what was promised, and if I had paid what other people appear to have paid, then I probably would have rated this tour as 4 out of 5...

...however, with the badly broken promises and the grossly inflated price, I can only give it a 2 out of 5.

In fairness, I doubt that 'Sun Cruises' themselves were at fault. The agents representing them, in this case Viator.com and the local travel agent they deal with, are the ones who made the gross false representations and overcharging that led to my bitter dissatisfaction.

If 'Sun Cruises' themselves read this, my advice to them would be to reconsider whatever arrangement you have with Viator.com and whoever their 'on the ground' agent in Manila is. They have given you a bad name.

3  Thank HappyTrevor

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Had experienced this type of cruise @ sun cruises philippines..
I decided to took the afternoon cruise for a better sunset view...

Food was ok...

Best experience is when we saw the panoramic view of the city from a far
while boarding , not to mention the cool breeze of air upon sailing :D

It was a great feeling indeed most specially upon seeing that the sun is about to set
and you really can't explain that type of emotion when it seems that all colors are joining together upon seeing the sunset :D

3  Thank bhiekai14
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Staff: Accomodating

Food: 5 star rating

Ambiance: Nice

October is rainy season that's why its too wavy.

The best cruise ever!!!
Will try the bataan trip!

3  Thank Taramochi23
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We paid tickets for 550 peso's each for the lower deck at the time we didn't have a choice to pick the upper deck. We wanted to see the sunset that day, and going on the 4 pm was a little early so we picked the 6pm cruise. The food wasn't so bad for 550 cruise, we had fish fillet, rice, local pork steak along with vegetables. They didn't have much variety of drinks, but they had the basics, soda's, canned juice, beer, & wine. On your way theirs an Acoustic singer that will entertain you and take your requests for songs to be sung. The trip was about a hour & 1/2 long it's a good little experience for the family. We didn't go way out to sea, they just took a little ride along the coast or along the side of the city... Oh after eating your dinner your able to go outside of the cabin of the boat and get some fresh air.

2  Thank avjoe
See more reviews
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We had this arrangement with Pirmi Travel Services for a romantic dinner date cruise for 2 last May 1, 2013 for Php 3,500. These includes:

A set of dinner (Appetizer, main course, dessert)
2 glasses of iced tea
1 bottle of red wine (We received Hardy's brand)
1 Junior cake (Red Ribbon Ultimate Chocolate Cake) with free cake message/greetings
Romantic table set-up on the upper deck of the yacht
Personal butler
Our picture on their personalized picture frame
Acoustic singer

An additional of Php 500 for a dozen of roses

The table stands out on other guest's table. It was surrounded with rose petals and the table cloth was red. I assure you other guests were all eyes on you. For the personal butler, we were well assisted from our arrival at the Sun Cruises office until we got off to the yacht. VIP TREATMENT-check!

Agents from the travel agent was very prompt in replying my emails. Thumbs up for that.

Manila Bay was not smelly from what other people say. On the upper deck, there were only 10 tables so it was spacious. 1 and 30 minutes dinner cruise was not enough but the overall experience was excellent! I can say nothing less on this trip. Every penny we spent was worth it.

I highly recommend this to you guys. You can contact Pirmi Travel Services thru email at pirmitravelservices@yahoo.com or thru phone (02) 7093407 / 0917 8685722.

12  Thank dorothyredsh0es