“Manila Vanilla NOT WORTH WATCHING”
Review of Mabuhay Restop

Mabuhay Restop
More attraction details
Owner description: A must-visit place for every Philippine visitor! Located in the heart of the Philippines' national park, Rizal Park, Mabuhay Restop Travel Cafe & Museum offers unique shows, exceptional tours, and delicious food that will will give visitors a taste of the islands and local culture. - "Manila Vanilla" is a musical comedy, pop-cultural show with a sumptuous buffet dinner by the Philippines top theater writer-director (Nestor Torre) and musical maestro (Ryan Cayabyab). - "Bayan Tour" is a fun, interactive, walking tour about the Philippines and the Filipino in Rizal Park, which includes singing, live theater, art exhibit, museum tour (if open), light & sound show, and a surprise treat at the end.- "Kalinga Tours" are fun and memorable volun-tourism tours that allow visitors to experience the Philippines like never before!Come to Mabuhay Restop and see for yourself why it it's more fun in the Philippines!
Reviewed December 27, 2013

A ticket for the Manila Vanilla show cost 500 peso per person with buffet dinner included. The food was average and the show was not funny at all with one or two dry old jokes. Sound system not the best as well. Don't bother. The stage is blocked with pillars so the best view is only in the center.

2  Thank Annette C

Reviewed December 15, 2013

We had a get together with my college friends and i organized it. most of us are from the province and i just came from abroad. I usually visit tripadvisor whenever i am travelling to have the best experience in one place. And Mabuhay Restop is on #3 spot here in Manila.
So after convincing my friends (most of them travelled all the way from Nueva Ecija), i decided to book a table for 10 on their official website. On the day of our visit, i've been trying to call both their mobile and landline numbers to confirm my reservation with no success. We still pushed through with our plans to watch their play and have dinner in their place.
When we arrived, there was a private party going on and the place was not open to the public (which was not mentioned on their website nor their facebook page). I asked for the manager to know what's going on and all i got was the most insincerest apology i have ever received in my life!!!
SHAME on your management guys! This place should not be listed here as a tourist attraction! After all the effort and time to visit this place and the HUMILIATION I received, Trust me, DON'T GO TO THIS PLACE!!!!

5  Thank siegart
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Mabuhay Restop is without doubt that kind of place you cannot miss while visiting Manila! It is an art gallery, restaurant and tourism office at the same time and all those things together work just amazingly. Everything there is about the Filipino culture, you won't see too much of it anywhere else in Metro Manila. Art gallery is filled with filipino art works you must see, restaurant offers menu which is different from what I'm used to eat but absolutely delicious! I couldn't go for their tour but I'm sure it is as great as everything else. If you have some time you should also go for Manila Vanilla musical-comedy show, it is unforgettable!
I recommend this place without any hesitation :)

1  Thank Adrianna Z
Reviewed October 26, 2013

If you want great food and a great show for a great price, Mabuhay Restop is the place to go! Whether you have been in the country for an extended period of time, or if you're just visiting, you will undoubtedly enjoy the fantastic (and traditional!) Filipino cuisine and laugh out loud at the Filipino humor exhibited in Manila Vanilla! I went alone and was afraid that the night would be uncomfortable. Once inside,however, I was immediately welcomed and seated at a table with people from all over the world! Of course, I ended up having a wonderful time. Even though I went solo, Mabuhay Restop would also be a great place to take families, friends, and dates! Don't limit yourself to only going at night either! The restaurant is located in Rizal Park, so it's the perfect place to go and grab a bite after a run, walk, or game with friends.
I am hoping to visit the Philippines again soon, and I am positive that I will be going to Mabuhay Restop again :)

1  Thank Alex L
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Mabuhay Restop provided me with an unforgettable experience in Manila, which was absolutely fun. I felt greatly welcomed at the place, especially when the chef came and asked if we enjoyed our night here. The Manila Vanila Show was far beyond my expectation for a musical comedy, it presented to the guests Filipino history, culture and aspects that a tourist would never know. T staff are very hospitable and enthusiastic, the food is definitely worth trying. Besides, being a social enterprise itself, Mabuhay Restop gives 30% of its profit to a non-profit organization called GK in the Philippines. I really love this place :)))))

这家位于Rizal Park附近餐厅的气氛特别好,温馨而不失趣味,餐厅装潢给人一种家的感觉。食物味道不错,特别是那个用椰子壳盛放的鸡汤真是好吃的没话说 =D 用餐的时候餐厅的主厨热情的跑来问食物怎样,还问我们来自哪里……最别具一格的是它晚上的喜剧演出,以一种风趣幽默的方式向用餐的人介绍菲律宾的历史、习俗等,最后还会随机邀请用餐的客人上去和演员一起跳竹竿舞。我去的那天正好是一个演员的生日,餐厅所有员工帮她准备了一个生日大蛋糕庆祝,气氛真的是超好,在这里充分体会到菲律宾的风土人情。

3  Thank Cheryl T