“Wanting to find the real Manila. Look no further.”

Old Manila Walks - Day Tours
Ranked #7 of 30 Tours in Manila
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Having been working in the Phiippines for 5 weeks and being stuck in Makati I was desperate to find the real Manila.And its not easy to find.
I did the "Lapu Lapu" tour combining both the "Binondo Food Wok (walk) in the morning and the "Intramuros" half day tour in the afternoon. Be prepared for a Chinese feast and don't have breakfast. Ivan knows his stuff and is very knowledgeable and takes great pride in his Chinese heritage and its importance to modern day Manila. In the afternoon it was simply myself and Hanson and he was kind enough to deviate from the planned itinerary and was very excited to show me HIS Manila. And for this I will be eternally grateful. Taking in Intramuros , the old walled city and the hi-lite St Agustin Church. In my opinion the number one attraction for those visiting Manila. It was afterwards with a number of rides/transfers on a 'Jeepney" I was able to visit "Quaipo and Santa Cruz" and experience some of the street life in this huge bustling and often confusing city. Thanks Guys.

3  Thank roamingmark1

Reviewed June 30, 2014

There is so much history and culture in food. It's a very delightful way of learning more about people and a place. The tour shares these and more.

Walking to the next stop would bring you to see the everyday life in the place. It's amazingly clean and well-maintained! Shrines are discovered here and there. Then there's the arch, those Chinese lanterns, that Chinese token, this Chinese medicine. Binondo could easily be a one full day attraction!

1  Thank smylin9
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Loved the guided eat-and-walk tour of Chinatown. Don't eat breakfast. Knowledgeable, entertaining, and engaging guide (Ivan). Would recommend to anybody wanting to be a tourist in Manila and pick up local flavor.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

Great tour! If it wasn't on a holiday, I'm sure I would give it 5 stars. We did this on Lunar (Chinese) New Year so it was a little more chaotic and crowded than usual. Ivan is an excellent guide and he takes you all around Chinatown to sample delicious food. They had to cancel the tour from the previous day due to congestion and added these people to our tour which was a little cumbersome - difficult to accommodate everyone at some of the smaller eateries.

2  Thank Stephen S
Reviewed May 5, 2014

The guide was professional yet very entertaining and knowledgeable. Be forewarned...there is SO much food to eat! Don't eat breakfast beforehand like I did or you will miss out because your belly just cannot hold anymore. The guide took me into alleys and 'strange' restaurants that I never would have found on my own, all the while educating me on the history of the 'Chinoy' culture. I loved this tour!

2  Thank kreids5