See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 3, 2012

Nice staff. Large rooms with optional real view of bay. Carpeted but I personally prefer tile in tropical places. Fine location.

Date of stay: January 2012
3  Thank islandsoft_2010
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Staying in this hotel was a very big disappointment to me, considering I paid "extra" just to get the "sea view" option for my room hoping it would give me a relaxing sea view of manila bay.. unfortunately I cannot even open the curtain of my room because when I do that.. people on the parking lot of the hotel would feast on the view of my room! The water on the toilet won't stop dripping and it was sooo irritatingly noisy. To top it all, the light on my hallway flickered in the middle of the night.. thus I was not able to sleep! Choosing this hotel was such a big mistake :(

Room tip: do not choose this hotel at all if you want a pleasurable and comfortable hotel experience in Manila
Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
4  Thank shannica
Reviewed November 25, 2011

I only stayed in Manila one day and decided on Aloha. It was my mistake to think that all of the rooms had a bay view. Since I have been traveling around SE Asia for a few months, usually the hotel price points are comparable with the quality of the room. While I did have a very large room with a small kitchen area (room), bedroom then a large closet vanity (room), it was on the inside of the hotel, dark and only had one VERY small window facing an alley (as a female traveler alone, it bordered on creepy). The room was outdated but decently clean. The breakfast was not good with very few options along with an egg station (I've had worse...maybe the greater disappointment was because I showed up 10 mins before breakfast ended?). On a positive note, my biggest surprise was ordering room service for dinner from one of the two restaurants (NOT the breakfast restaurant) and getting an absolutely delicious meal (dumplings and spicy fried rice).

Overall, the price was high for what was provided. Not to mention that there is a sign when you walk in the lobby asking that you leave your firearms with the front desk?? Maybe that is standard in Manila but definitely, unexpected based on my travels.

Room tip: Ask to see the room before you commit
Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank CSabs
Reviewed January 6, 2011

Mid-high budget - located on roxas blvd - close to the cultural center. Waterfront blvd is 3 mins walk away, so are a few embassies and a good walk in evening watching sunset.

Bfast buffet was good for 330 pesos.

It is close to pedro gil str and lrt stn

Date of stay: September 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank JabberwockyIndia
Reviewed October 5, 2010

This place is on Roxas Blvd, with its beautiful promenade across the street right on Manila Bay. I didn't really see the view from the room because going outside you are just surrounded by the beauty of this section of Metro Manila (Malate). You are close to some nightlife and not too far from the Mall of Asia. There wasn't valet parking for my rental car, but a young man on the curb outside nice motioned me into a berth not 20 steps from the door.
This hotel is a little older than some of the slicker Manila digs, but fine wines are 'old' too and that is how I would characterize 'old' when used to categorize the Aloha. Everything worked in our room; it was spotless; the beds were excellent. The staff was superb. There is an in-hotel eatery and plenty of 'feeding troughs' outside, less than a 10 minute walk as well.
I have paid more for hotel in Manila; I have not stayed in a better place, though, than the Aloha. If you want maximum bang for the buck with no compromise...the Aloha is it. On a Sunday morning, it was about a 45 min drive to NAIA.

Date of stay: March 2010