“Approachable staff”

Palm Grove Hotel (formerly Palm Plaza Hotel)
Ranked #39 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Iloilo
“Approachable staff”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I usually stay in this hotel whenever we have conventions or seminars in Manila. Over the years, i enjoyed the accomodation and especially their very approachable staff. You just have to give them a call and when they notice you're a returning guest they make sure you get a room to stay for the night. The place is clean with standard amenities. It is located at the heart of the metro and a mall is just nearby. If you need a place to stay, this is it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

globalfriend, Manager at Palm Grove Hotel (formerly Palm Plaza Hotel), responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear JeffIloilo,

It was our pleasure having you once again as a cherished regular guest. I hope you were also able to enjoy the FREE WIFI which we started giving to our guests since July 1. We thank you for always making Palm Plaza your home in Manila during your corporate seminars and events. The tourist belt area of Manila will be coming up with a lot of new activities and improvements and Palm Plaza with its best location - will surely make things better for all our beloved guests.

Once again, I & my team wish you well and we all look forward having you and your friends soon here at your 'home' in Manila.

Mr. Nilo Inocentes
Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Korean first
Taguig City, Philippines
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed for a night in this hotel because I wanted to take a lot of rest after work. I live in taguig city but I work in an office along Roxas blvd. I just also wanted to be able to do something else after work like shopping. And I did just the right thing by choosing this hotel. I was able to take plenty of rest in one of their cozy rooms with a king-size bed, giant tv, and all standard room amenities. And after I had rested well enough, I just walked across and voila i was already in Robinsons mall to have dinner and do some shopping. Overall I had a very pleasurable experience staying at Palm Plaza hotel, not to mention the very friendly and helpful staff they have there. So, strongly recommended!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
globalfriend, Manager at Palm Grove Hotel (formerly Palm Plaza Hotel), responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear SS38_13,

Greetings from Palm Plaza Hotel. Your published feedback on your last stay with us leaves us in high spirits - knowing that we were able to provide you the ingredients of a comfortable and secure 'hide-a-way' of sorts from the rigeurs of your daily grind. Yes, our hotel's strategic LOCATION might seem like a frenzy and flurry of activities to most urbanites - but as you've experienced - nothing beats the 'sanctuary' that we provide anyone's restless spirits. As a 3-star hotel, we've always aimed for 5-star Excellence in Service at all times.

Thank you for sharing your valuable time with us as it was our sincerest pleasure having you with us as well. We hope to be of service once again when your body, mind and spirit yearn for the oasis that is amidst the frenetic Malate 'jungle' out there - for you, Palm Plaza Hotel always beckons!

God bless.

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Sincere smile and efficient service is what greets you at the lobby. Checking in and out takes only a couple of minutes.
Rooms especially the bathroom are spacious and clean w functioning amenities as
advertised.
The house keeping dept and restaurant value the importance of time, knows what fast service is all about. The in house security are all courteous and polite.
My special thanks to the front office department who more often than not goes out of there way to serve us. To Mimi, Fe, ann, mitch, rod, Gladys and the rest of the ladies, keep it up.
The management of this hotel really invested on its people.

• Stayed June 2013
globalfriend, Manager at Palm Grove Hotel (formerly Palm Plaza Hotel), responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear JMO3333,

Your kind words about your experience at the hotel humbles me and my entire team! We are more than ever, motivated to move on, improve and do the extra mile for our guests' satisfaction, comfort and safety. It would take time but each moment that passes fleetingly towards this direction becomes a lighter journey bereft of any difficulties. We aim for your continued happiness...always.

Again, many thanks and God bless.

Baguio, Philippines
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed at Palm plaza hotel twice when i arrived from Abu Dhabi. The staffs are friendly and warm, the location is very accessible to many establishments, it is very near to the airport which is my priority after a 9 hour flight, it is just a stone's throw away from the malls. The hotel is clean and peaceful. I would love to stay at palm plaza over and over again. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
globalfriend, Manager at Palm Grove Hotel (formerly Palm Plaza Hotel), responded to this review, June 23, 2013
HI Lucy M.

It was nice to hear your heart-warming experience from your past stay with us. We'd love to have you once again on your future visit to Manila. We promise to make things much better, happier and restful for you.

With our hotel's best location in mind, we look forward to giving everyone the best experience during their Manila visit. Again, thank you so much for trusting us!

Respectfully yours,

Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My experience with Palm Plaza Hotel on December 2011 was excellent, this is why I came back to this hotel last December 2012. Their transportation services from the airport to hotel were punctual and their staffs were polite and very helpful assisting me and my family. The hotel and room were very clean and spacious. Their service personnel were honest, efficient and accommodating.
The location is convenient, it is in the heart of Manila where top restaurants, shopping malls, spas are just nearby and the transportation services are accessible. The price of their room is affordable, reasonable and competitive with other hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Higher floor corner suites are larger and sunny and quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Greetings Fred1739,

Palm Plaza Hotel thanks you for sharing your experience in one of your recent stays with us. We are currently embarking on more programs to make our hotel more competitive in our services and amenities for your happiness.

We look forward to having you again in your next visit to Manila. We promise you a brighter Palm Plaza Hotel, both physically and from our hearts!

Cheers,

New York City, New York
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I visited Manila and stayed at Palm Plaza for 2 nights last winter, and wasn't very fond of it. The room is a bit small, and thus not very airy. Plus, there is no breakfast which isn't much of a problem for me but there is no wifi in the room which was a huge problem. It's only accessible in the the main lobby, and each person is only allowed 30 minutes of free internet per day. I wouldn't be complaining if I was traveling somewhere remote or middle of nowhere, but given the hotel's location and size, I found it quite unacceptable. The customer service wasn't very friendly to boot. I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Confused20's,

Greetings. I wish to thank you for your honest comments about your last stay at our hotel. We are currently taking your comments seriously and ' might consider offering free wi fi in our guest rooms as well. As to the courteousness and friendliness of all our staff, I am personally embarking on a 5 star excellence in Guest services training - to all our staff.

We take your feedbacks seriously and we wish to have to you with us - happy, satisfied and safe.

Thank you once again and we hope to serve you better in one of your future stays.

Cauayan, Isabela, Philippines
Reviewed June 20, 2013

great location...affordable and very convinient...
very home-y...fees very comfortable,everything is provided...
room service,friendly helpul staff...feels like home...love it!!
near shopping mall and restaurant...transportation is accessible,
i have been going to Palm Plaza hotel for almost 12 years and i have no regrets
everything is worth it....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
globalfriend, Manager at Palm Grove Hotel (formerly Palm Plaza Hotel), responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Leng G.

It was nice hearing kind words about the hotel and your stay with us. We are sincerely humbled for your trust in sharing the positive and warm service at Palm Plaza Hotel through Tripadvisor.

We are aggressively improving our service, our image and your VALUE for money in ensuring that you and all our valued guests would continue to keep Palm Plaza Hotel in their hearts and minds as their 'home' choice for your visits to Manila.

Thank you very much.