“We totally regret staying in this place...”

Orchid Garden Suites - Manila
Ranked #23 of 110 Hotels in Manila
Manila
“We totally regret staying in this place...”
Reviewed August 25, 2008

My husband & I stayed at this hotel at Rm 905 last Aug 23-25,2008. We really regretted having to stay in this hotel. When you are inside the privacy of your room, you can still hear some noise like people talking,shouting,laughing...and when you open the door to get out...the first thing that will greet you is the smell of food cooking.....
The main problem we consider the most is the female staff at the reception area. She gave her name as Tonie. Receptionists are taught to be warm to guests (I presume) but this Tonie treated us as if we are not paying customers. She was not very accommodating. She could not even give us a smile just to make us feel welcome.
My husband & I are actually hotel trippers. We've checked into several hotels and this is the first time that we encounter an aloof receptionist.
We have already paid for our stay there in advance to an agent so there was no way for us to back out.
We didn't enjoy our stay there. So, I don't think my husband & I will recommend this to others.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — Tonie, the receptionist
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chubbytita

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
England
Reviewed March 27, 2008

My wife and I stayed for 3 weeks in Orchid Suites and I must say it does offers an excellent value for money accommodation. Hotel staff are long serving and friendly. Any request seems to be done with pleasure which makes you feel comfortable and at ease unlike other hotels which make you feel as though your passing through a bus terminal. I have now stayed in this hotel every year for the last four years and I would not think twice in reconmending the hotel and will be staying there for all our future trips to Manila.

• Liked — Friendly staff, cleanliness, price
  • Disliked — pool
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank PrinceFrog
iloilo city, philippines
Reviewed December 23, 2007

i stayed in the hotel twice on my way and back from Banaue to the terraces and I must say it was okay. The rooms are a little tight but for the price I cannot complain. Breakfast was good as well and the staff was quite helpful.

• Liked — its got an old world feel. i like the main building
  • Stayed December 2007
3 Thank gemini32
Midwest
Reviewed July 7, 2007

I stayed at this hotel for 10 days last month. The place is charming, with a very friendly and helpful staff .. but is not quite worth the prices they charge. I rented what is called a "junior suite" which included cooking utensils and a small refrigerator. This was quite convenient , and the hotel is near a really nice shopping mall.
Breakfast in the hotel restaurant was included in the room charges, but very dissappointing. I was seated beside the door to the kitchen, and unfortunately, I killed a cockroach that walked up to me while having my "after meal" cup of coffee. Also, a lizard shared my room with me while I was staying there, but he was friendly too. ( you'll have that in a tropical climate I guess)
The bed and furniture in the suite was pretty old, and I was left with the impression that it was a 2-star hotel trying to come across as a 4-star hotel. Also, the business office rates for using the internet is outrageous, and be prepared to pay a dollar per page for anything you print out while using their computer.

Stayed June 2007
3 Thank the_crooner

Travelers are raving about these Manila hotels

panama city, fl
Reviewed March 16, 2005

I stayed at Orchid Gardens on my first trip to the Philippines staying there after I first arrived at the airport in Manila and again after I returned to Manila for my flight back home. I must say that when I first arrived about 11:30 pm after a 28 hour flight, I was so tired I didn't really pay my much attention to anything except the inside of my eyelids. I woke up the next morning had breakfast delivered to the room and went to the local airport.
I can remember a little more clearly my stay when I returned there about 10 days later being more refreshed and clear headed thanks to getting more sleep. The first room that I was shown was so humid inside that the sheets on the bed were even wet to the touch. I called and asked for a different room so they sent someone to escort me to a different room. On the way, there was a group of middle eastern men that appeared to be argueing about the quality of their room with a hotel employee also. Anyway, I got to the new room which was still damp but not as bad as the last. Stayed in this room but have not gone back since.

14 Thank albe1