“Good value for money”

Ranked #11 of 108 Hotels in Manila
Manila
“Good value for money”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Location is within walking distance to LRT which makes commuting & transportation in Manila convenient although peak hours (morning & afternoon rush hours) must be avoided as the trains are jampacked with commuters. The room is spacious & aircon OK.Added bonus is proximity to Robinson's Mall in Ermita (about 200 meters away)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Carmina E
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Kimberly Hotel, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Carmina E,

Thank you for your review. I am glad you liked the location and convenience. We are indeed proud of our spacious rooms as it ensures your stay with us was comfortable. I trust our staff was able to attend to all your needs. We hope to see you again and be of service to you in the future.

Natalie Ng

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Vancouver
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Hotel was very clean and the room was spacious. The complimentary breakfast was good and included cereals, breads, coffe, juice, green salad, fruit and eggs as you want them. In addition, some Filipino dishes and garlic rice was available. The hotel room was large and included a refridgerator, safe, desk and queen size bed. The washroom was also spacious. Front desk staff on checkin and checkout were courteous and efficient. Room for one night, including all taxes and fees was 2,850 Philippine pesos. Internet quality was good.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the front of the building are on a main street and can be noisy.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank VanBCCanuck
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Kimberly Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear VanBCCanuck,

Thank you for the great feedback on your stay with us. I am happy to hear you liked the clean rooms and breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Manila.

Makati, Philippines
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I believe that good experience will start at the reception area, their front desk is not that big but their big smile will make you really welcome, Yes limited breakfast but decent enough to start your day.

I Stayed in deluxe room, they gave me the bigger deluxe- i think the one in the corner, quiet big for mini me...A/C works ok...got nice view - and the very important thing - smoking room!!!that is a plus A for me - excellent!!!!
(its really hard to get smoking rooms specially when you forgot to request for it)

true that hotel is located in a busy street of Manila, but believe me, this is one of their asset, nearby malls, nightlife, rail system, very accessible to what you need.

1 negative scene:
****when im checking in at my room, there's little cockroach checking out..and thats negative!.. but at least he did not join me during my stay...

all in all, this hotel? based on their rate and my experience?... above acceptable!!

Room Tip: for deluxe room..request the one in corner, thats bigger and you'll got nice view..
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank letsgobuknoy
Dear letsgobuknoy,

Thank you for the feedback of your stay. It's great to hear that you liked your room and you felt very welcome!

I do apologize for the cockroach sighting. I can personally assure you that our pest control treatment is very regular and since bringing this to their attention, they've taken additional steps and staff onboard to ensure it doesn't happen again.

We look forward to greeting you with another big smile for you upon your return.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a decent hotel for the price. Staff is friendly and helpful. Buffet was included which was decent. They probably will not fill the line 30 mins prior to end of service. Some rooms have a street view, while others have a view of the wall of the building next door. Within 200-300 meters of the public transportation line (LRT). This makes it convienient but also a little noisy. Also within a km of Robinson's mall. Taxi's may be able to avoid traffic on Pedro Gil coming from the airport by taking side roads on streets prior to Pedro Gil.

Room Tip: Depends on the season. I requested a queen sized bed but they were not able to accomodate me at the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Miles M
Dear Miles M,

Thank you for your review on your stay at Kimberly Manila. I appreciate the feedback and I hope you will stay with us once more any time you are in Manila. Given enough notice, we do our best to accommodate all guest requests with regards to beds. I apologize if in this instance we weren't able to do so.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I visited the hotel last August, I was at another hotel and I decided to transfer here, I was so pleased when I checked in that I recommended to the manager that he should promote the beautiful girl from the front desk, I think her name is Janel, I mean the hotel may not be that luxurious but the service they provide is EXCELLENT!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank eastwoodway
Dear eastwoodway,

Thank you for your review and I'm glad you enjoyed our hotel and the staff service. We look forward to welcoming you back any time you are in Manila!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I stay at their Tagaytay location at least once a year. So when I had the chance to find another hotel aside from the one I usually stay in while in the city, I picked Kimberly Hotel in Manila. And for what seems to be happening quite often for a customer like me, I AM EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED. I knew it was just going to be worse from the time I arrived. My brother checked-in hours earlier and because I knew he was probably sleeping, I asked for an extra room card (which usually is the case for all hotels I know, given that there are two occupants in one room). They said they only have one.

The moment I first entered the room on the 6th floor, I immediately took note of what was wrong with it (I swear, it's hard to miss these things) - noisy AC unit, noisy mini fridge, more off-white than usual floor tiles, darker room (not even a glimpse of white light apart from the bathroom), even darker bathroom tiles (really, really, old-looking tiles), and just plain old everything else. After a few hours, I found out that the shower wasn't working, the toilet bowl flush was close to dying, and the bath towel was stinky and could already pass as a floor rag.

BEFORE MY EYES WAS EVERYTHING THAT'S NOT KIMBERLY HOTEL (as I know it), plus more.

A few hours later, my complaints started flooding their way. 2AM. With the shower not working and the bath towel stinky and dirty white in color, I at least had hopes that the bed mattress / comforter would be at least pass my idea of "Good." My hopes were crashed way too soon. And it didn't help that that the front desk guys were PRETENDING TO BE EMPATHETIC. But you should've have spoken with the Manager assigned on Friday night. You couldn't be more angry - Sarcastic is even an understatement to describe him. And though I was finally moved to a new room two floors up (take note, this wasn't even an upgrade) the next morning, I pretty much found myself in almost exactly the same issues (except that this new one had a bathtub that would hardly drain water out). And yes, the AC was noisier, and so was the fridge.

By the way, this fridge in the new room was dripping water and outwards (almost reaching the bottom of my luggage) so I was busy cleaning that up after arriving at 2AM.

I don't even wanna get into the dining part. The place was okay, maybe the best-looking area in all of the hotel (my room included). But boy was food disappointing. Yesterday morning's soup was bland. The spanish sardines was missing something. This morning's breakfast was worse - the chicken tocino that tasted more like a set of dried fried chicken pieces that tasted closer to adobo (the not tasty one) than tocino. The skinless longganisa was the worst one I've had my whole life and the bangus slice had an after-taste. And I was swear that after-taste was more like poop than bad cooking oil. Good thing they had ripe mangoes to wash that all out.

Two more days until my check-out. And I swear I'm never coming back here.

Room Tip: I booked mine through Agoda. And I've religiously read the reviews. Try reading reviews from dif...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Almeetra C
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Kimberly Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Almeetra C,

I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay in Hotel Kimberly Manila. While there is some difference in the hotel rates (with Tagaytay being higher), we do our best to ensure that our guests have a good stay experience regardless of which hotel they choose. Our staff did their best to accommodate your wishes but it seems it wasn't enough to pacify you. Upon checking your room shortly after your stay, I have to honestly say that we found most of the issues you mentioned had already been rectified during your stay or were not there. I am also sorry to note that I could not find your name in our Tagaytay hotel. Do let me know the dates and room you stayed in so I can investigate the differences. I can vouch that both hotels use similar window type air-conditioners which are regularly maintained.

I wish you all the best in your future travels.

Helsinki
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Great 3 nights stay in Kimberly. I never been entertained by staff members so well in hotel restaurant before. Pretty hotel and resturant school trainees gave excellent service during breakfasts and two lunches in the restaurant. Exept impeccable table service Czarina and Grace
made my eating very convenient talking about their studies, wines, philippine food etc. Breakfast buffet was abundant enough and food well made in lunch.
All service was excellent in restaurant, front office and house keeping.
This was my first time in Kimberly but i will come back again.

Room Tip: Try delicious salmon from restaurant menu.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank ercarai
Dear ercarai,

Thank you for your feedback of your stay in Kimberly. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay amongst the friendly people of the hotel. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you again here.

Regards,