“Friendly and clean hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Kimberly Hotel

Kimberly Hotel
Ranked #11 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Venice, Florida, United States
“Friendly and clean hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

This hotel was recommended by the University administration across the street. Since I had business with them, it was very convenient for me, and close to all the places I wanted to see and go to. Malls, and museums as well as eating places were walking distance, or just a taxi ride away. The rooms were clean, and the staff were friendly and accommodating. I highly recommend staying here as a quiet, private business hotel. Depending on the hour of the day, the street outside is teeming with people, and vendors. At times, the street is occupied by street vendors, like the night markets of Bangkok. Be careful of pickpockets, although I have never been a victim here.

Room Tip: 404 has a good view of Pedro Gil street, and its denizens. The street always is busy with human dram...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bong Y

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Puchong, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

What strike me most while researching for a decent hotel in Manila was the fact that the M.D. for Kimberly Hotel (Natalie Ng) actually took the trouble to read and respond to feedback and complaints on TripAdvisor. To me, this is a bold reflection of the standards and desire to improve and not only merely paying lip service. The hotel is conveniently located within 150m from the nearest MRT station (Pedro Gil) and that makes commuting around easier and less costly. We paid 310 pesos from NAIA Terminal 3 to the hotel via taxi but only 140 pesos on the way back simply by taking the train to EDSA station (15p per person) and then catching a cab from there (80p). However, if you have heavy luggage or if you are travelling with kids, its not advisable. It becomes a hassle when you have to open your bags at the entrance to the MRT station for security checks, the trains are almost always filled and the roads are perpetually jam packed. Here are a few points for consideration:
(1) I booked through AGODA and was charged about 9900 pesos for 3 nights. Upon checking in, I discovered that the same room cost 9600 pesos for the same duration. And that is after a 15% early bird discount from AGODA!
(2) We stayed on the 5th floor, facing the main road and in the wee hours, only the rattling of the box air conditioner can be heard.
(3) No electric flask is provided, although you can request for one. Same goes for hair dryer.
(4) Wifi is okay as there is a router outside the room and not too many guests were on-line.
(5) There is this picture of a girl with mouth open eating dim sum hanged on the wall of the room. I cannot understand its significance or connection with the decor or the room.
(6) There are many road side stalls at night, 24 hours fast food outlets (even a bakery) close to the hotel.
(7) Free PC with internet connection usage for the first 30 mins but printing a A4 page will cost you 20 pesos.
(8) Water pressure was okay, the hot water shower was also okay and they have a nice plant and clothes line in the bathroom.
Overall, Kimberly Hotel has all the aces, not to mention the excellent service i received from Mark Cueveras and his staff. And lastly, the buffet breakfast was better than average. Fresh juices, beverages, and a not so wide but acceptable selection of food, from noodles to rice to congee. Again, the service was excellent. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The hotel is out to differentiate themselves from the competition. What is wrong will be made right...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank BIGDUA
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Kimberly Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Bigdua,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay. I am glad you enjoyed the rooms, food and service. We do try our best to ensure we excel in all aspects of guest stay and as such your feedback is invaluable. I will make sure to pass your compliments to Mark.

We enjoyed serving you and hope to see you again when you visit the Philippines in the future.

London, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Kimberly hotel for three nights. I picked it out after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor.

We found the service friendly and accommodating. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. Our room had a great view of the city and we liked the complimentary breakfast.

Unfortunately we do have a few criticisms. First, the hotel appears to allow smoking. There was a slight odor in the hallway and in the room. Second, the Wifi connection in our room was unreliable.

Third, we would have appreciated a backup roll of toilet paper. Fourth, the air conditioner is next to the bed and is a little loud. Lastly and the most disappointing was the lack of warm water. The chilly morning shower was a bit of a challenge.

Kimberly Hotel is a good value for the money. Overall it was a decent and we might be willing to stay there again. However, our stay wasn't flawless and we would consider other hotels as well.

Room Tip: We were in room 704 which has a great view of the city. However, it is also the last room down the h...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SolemnPhilosopher
Dear SolemnPhilosopher,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at Hotel Kimberly. I am truly glad to know you enjoyed the rooms, breakfast and overall service. I read your criticisms and rest assured I am acting on it.

I was concerned to hear that you experienced problems with the hot water and wi-fi in your room. We have water heaters installed in every room and if this did not work then I sincerely apologize. The hotel has recently invested in additional equipment to improve our complimentary wi-fi's in all our rooms and I believe we have good wi-fi connection as a result. As additional back-up, we also installed a computer in the lobby which guests may use for up to 30 minutes at no charge. Smoking is allowed on certain floors and we do have smoke free floors.

I hope you enjoyed the Philippines and should you come back, we look forward to serving you in the hotel again.

Luzon, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

The main selling point of this hotel are their attentive staff as they are all trained to please their guests. The hotel is located along the busy Pedro Gil road and it is just a 2-min. walk to Robinson's Place mall and it is less than 1-min. walk to the Pedro Gil LRT station. The room is just ok for the price I paid. It seems that the room where I stayed is newly renovated so everything seems to be new. What I love about this hotel is their mango crepe... really yummy!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank kegler747
Dear kegler747,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and will certainly pass your compliments to the staff (and chef for the crepes!). We look forward to welcoming you again in Hotel Kimberly.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

A hotel well known to tourists in Kuala Lumpur as its name has been well advertised in MATTA FAIR. Not only famous for its fair and reasonal price, it is affordable to tourists who wish to travel by "free and easy" tour in Manila. The Hotel Room is clean and spacious. Moreover, the front desk/counter staff are polite and willing to listen and offer client's assistance upon request. Its location is positioned with MRT station nearby, and shopping mall, such as Robinsons supermarket with varieties of both western and chinese food stalls located in the Mall. It is indeed convenient and, in terms of transport, it is easily accessible both by taxi and "jeepney" - the cheapest means of transport found in Manila.
The Hotel's locality is unique, in the sense that should you want to go for "shopping spree", then you can either go to Shopping Mall (Robinsons) or take a "Jeepney" to China Town where the textile goods are sold very cheaply ranging from 50-200 pesos. For those travellers who are interested to take "stroll around" in Rizal Park
and Ocean Park, they are all located within walking distance from the Hotel.

Room Tip: To always choose higher floor, from 4th floor upwards. Should a lower floor be given to you, you may...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank philipleeyk
Nat0123, General Manager at Kimberly Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear philipleeyk,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay. It sounds like you enjoyed the Philippines and got around quite a bit! We hope to see you return again.

SIncerely,

Perth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

I returned to this hotel reuniting with my wife after not seen her for more than 5 months so I requested a romantic setting in the Executive Suite a month prior when booking our room. Staff were very professional/welcoming upon our arrival. We loved the rose pedals including the bottle of champagne and candles. I was amazed at the professionalism and politeness of every staff member.The manager was fantastic as well as very courteous. As soon as I mentioned my name at front desk he got up straight away to assist me and take me to the room for a viewing session. Front desk were very discreet when paying the bill so my wife had no idea what she was in for. I recommend this hotel to anyone. I payed $5,500PHP per night for the Executive Suite and stayed there for two nights and an extra $2000PHP for the romantic setting. Thank you so much Kimberly Hotel Ermita. You guys are awesome. See you again soon.

Room Tip: Executive Suite room 905
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank markrob0
Dear Markrob0,

Nice to have you back at Hotel Kimberly again. It's always a pleasure for us to assist our guests for any special occasions and we are glad you and your wife were happy. Yes when the staff learned of your intended surprise, they really got excited on your behalf and spent quite a bit of time setting it up! As far as we at Kimberly are concerned, moments like this are special and we do our best to make sure they do their part. Your feedback was well and truly appreciated. We sincerely wish you both the best and hope to see you at Hotel Kimberly again.

Regards,
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

Located right in the heart of Ermita, the closest hotel to Robinson's mall and surrounds. Short walk to MRT station and UP campus opposite. Standard rooms for the area. Good value given location.

Airconditioning extremely powerful in the rooms, perhaps a little too strong given close proximity to foot of bed.

Buffet breakfast leaves a little to be desired, although lots of good places to eat nearby.

Excellent service from bellboy, flagged down a cab, brought out our luggage and held and umbrella for us during heavy rains and floods.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple