Well what can I say you get what you pay for.
I paid only about $65 USD for one night
NO WIFI in the room
This hotel is about 12 stories high and when I was looking for a hotel in Manila I had 3 main criteria’s.
(1) Price around $60 USD
(2) Location NEXT TO MANILA BAY in downtown Manila
(3) Tall hotel with a room on top floor to see sun rise/sun set + good water view.
I stayed on the 9th floor. When I was there (Oct2010) they were doing some construction to the room next door, I notice the door was open and peaked in there. It was not loud or anything but it’s interesting to know.
The front desk is really nice and fancy with big open space. The door men are really luxurious and smile. The baggage guy takes your luggage all the way up to your room so that is fancy I was not expecting that. They were even able to keep an eye on my bags after I checked out and wanted to go check out the town for the day and came back later to pick them up.
The breakfast was free with the room. It was ok, they end it at 10am and that is when I got there. Good milk and I was happy they had scrambled eggs but they were WAY undercooked so I had to microwave them. Watermelon was good. I even forgot my breakfast pass in my room and they let me eat there with just saying my room number
When I was checking out they try to double charge me because before going to PH I made an online reservation and had to pay $6 which was like 10% of the bill as a deposit and when I was checking out I notice the laid tried to have me sign for the full amount again with my credit card so good thing I caught that because they I would be charge twice.
I always need more pillows then they give so it was nice to be able to call the front desk with the in room phone and ask for more pillows and 2min later they brought it to my room for free.
There was a small fridge in the room full of drinks but if you took something you had to pay for it extra. There was a price list at the fridge but everything was way to expensive then in the store next door.
The TV was small and old with couple of channels I did not like it at all but what can u do.
Its funny because there was a wifi router in the room bolted to the wall next to the ciling and I did see couple of wifi signals but it did not work. I even called the front desk and they try to help but it just did not work and they even said it doesn’t work.
The furniture in the room was outdated but they try to put lots of locker on it to make it look good. Witch it did from fare away hehehe
I give this hotel 3 out of 5 because of NO NET IN ROOM which really sucked.
As I said you get what you pay for so if you want good location and cheap price this is the BEST hotel in Manila that I found so fare. But next time I will try another one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bayview Park Hotel Manila is situated just minutes away from other historic and renowned landmarks including Luneta Park, Manila Catherdal, Intramuros, and the vibrant art and entertainment milieu, Malate. Across it, towards the bay are the U.S. Embassy, Manila Yacht Club, and further on, the SMX Convention Center and CCP Complex, the country's premier cultural hub. Its proximity to the Ninoy Aquino International Airport, a mere 20 minutes away, offers extra convenience much desired by the travel-weary visitor. Hospitable, dependable, modest, respected, distinguished. Words meant to be lived by. It's simply the Bayview Park Hotel Manila way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Bayview Park Hotel Manila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayview Park Manila
- Hotel Bayview Park
- Bayview Hotel Manila
- Bayview Park Hotel