“VERY GOOD LOCATION AND GOOD PRICE but NO WIFI 3 out of 5” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bayview Park Hotel Manila

Bayview Park Hotel Manila
Ranked #15 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Guam
“VERY GOOD LOCATION AND GOOD PRICE but NO WIFI 3 out of 5”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2010

Well what can I say you get what you pay for.
I paid only about $65 USD for one night
NO WIFI in the room
This hotel is about 12 stories high and when I was looking for a hotel in Manila I had 3 main criteria’s.
(1) Price around $60 USD
(2) Location NEXT TO MANILA BAY in downtown Manila
(3) Tall hotel with a room on top floor to see sun rise/sun set + good water view.
I stayed on the 9th floor. When I was there (Oct2010) they were doing some construction to the room next door, I notice the door was open and peaked in there. It was not loud or anything but it’s interesting to know.
The front desk is really nice and fancy with big open space. The door men are really luxurious and smile. The baggage guy takes your luggage all the way up to your room so that is fancy I was not expecting that. They were even able to keep an eye on my bags after I checked out and wanted to go check out the town for the day and came back later to pick them up.
The breakfast was free with the room. It was ok, they end it at 10am and that is when I got there. Good milk and I was happy they had scrambled eggs but they were WAY undercooked so I had to microwave them. Watermelon was good. I even forgot my breakfast pass in my room and they let me eat there with just saying my room number 
When I was checking out they try to double charge me because before going to PH I made an online reservation and had to pay $6 which was like 10% of the bill as a deposit and when I was checking out I notice the laid tried to have me sign for the full amount again with my credit card so good thing I caught that because they I would be charge twice.
I always need more pillows then they give so it was nice to be able to call the front desk with the in room phone and ask for more pillows and 2min later they brought it to my room for free.
There was a small fridge in the room full of drinks but if you took something you had to pay for it extra. There was a price list at the fridge but everything was way to expensive then in the store next door.
The TV was small and old with couple of channels I did not like it at all but what can u do.
Its funny because there was a wifi router in the room bolted to the wall next to the ciling and I did see couple of wifi signals but it did not work. I even called the front desk and they try to help but it just did not work and they even said it doesn’t work.
The furniture in the room was outdated but they try to put lots of locker on it to make it look good. Witch it did from fare away hehehe
I give this hotel 3 out of 5 because of NO NET IN ROOM which really sucked.
As I said you get what you pay for so if you want good location and cheap price this is the BEST hotel in Manila that I found so fare. But next time I will try another one.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank WojtekC27

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2010

First the hotel is old, and what can you get on an old hotel? Old carpets, smelly hallways, old elevators, old airconditioners that sounded like a jet engine. They check your bags before you get in the elevator and didn't want you to bring any foods, water or anything that you can eat in your room. The rooms are big but nothing special, basic amenities that you can find on a cheap hotel somewhere else. Reception is also bad, clerk wouldn't acknowledge you or even say hi. On the check out, they had us pay 200pesos for a drink they said we consumed from the fridge at the room, i argued but to no avail and just decided to pay for it so i can get out of their old, bad serviced hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank er_katrina

Travelers are raving about these Manila hotels

Perth, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2010

Tarrif is a valid consderation in choosing accomodation, however there is a point where no price bracket represents value received. This place has abysmal standards in just about every aspect of the hospitality industry. The Phlippines is not a third world country and no one should be subjected to this standards in an otherwise cultured and friendly country. Only breathing in this establishment is not an extra charge and don't waste your breath here- they are charging you for that from next week. There is much better value just across the street ( not the US embassy)

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
5 Thank Pulgas92
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2010

I had a bad experience at the Bayview Park Hotel Manila when I check out.
The fact was that day I arrived at the hotel they gave me 2 plastic card keys
one of the keys did not work, so I laid it on the table in the hotel room.
When I checked out they charged me 150 pesos for the missing key I told them that I put the key on the table in the hotel room because the key does not work. But they claimed they could not find the key in the room so they demanded that I paid the 150 pesos for the missing key and if I did not pay, it was not possible to leave the hotel.
I was upset because I felt they took me as a hostage; ultimately I pay because I don’t want to miss my airplane.
And someone has to coordinate the guy’s from the staff who just hangs around the front door. They behave like street boys, and seemed not particularly interested in helping customers to find taxis etc.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank jacco060
Mesa, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2010

this place is very convenient if you have something to do at the US Embassy. that's why I am still recommending it despite the following experiences:

When you check in tell them that you don't want a room that has a connecting door to the adjacent room. these doors are not insulated at all and you can hear every detail of your neighbor's sex life at 4:30 am. The receptionist won't ask you if it is ok for you to have such a room but most of them are connected to other rooms. they will only give you a room without a connecting door if you ask for it.

Drain plug mechanism for bath tub was broken and we had to talk to 5 different people explaining the problem over and over again until finally someone showed up with a rubber plug. The next night we were transferred to a different room that was ok. No disturbing noise at 4:30 am but the TV was broken. their "engineer" came to fix it but it lasted only for a short time and we gave up.... Free breakfast stops exactly at 10:00 am if you are 1 minute late you won't even get a coffee from them anymore.

No free Wifi, you can't even get Wifi at the Starbucks next door or the other Starbucks across the street.

After I tried to call a landline number and received a message "this number can not be reached" I had to pay 16 pesos. The receptionist explained "there was a connection of 5 second..."

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank flyhi152
Jakarta
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2010

I can see that it is not a brand new hotel... No internet access in guest room, which is bad... Internet access in lobby cost around 7usd and it was slow ! The only free internet access was only in the meeting room. The restroom upstair for meeting room was terribly awful.. The food needed to be improved. The neighbourhood is boring and a bit slum even though it was closed to us embassy

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank Sanscoulottes
manila
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2010

I wouldn't recommend this hotel een if they pay me for it.the service was really bad.me together with my husband and daughter checked in in this hotel hoping that we will have a good time but we didnt.first, the doorman was very insensitive.we arrived in a taxi and since i was carrying my sleeping daughter, i wasnt able to carry her diaper bag so i just put it down and proceed at the front door, my husband coming from the other side of the taxi was carrying our other bag and since a the doorman greeted us anyway expected to carry the diaper bag..to our disappointment this guy told me "mam naiwan nyo pa yung isang bag nyo"...how insensitive..!we let it pass so as not spoil our stay.as we arrived in the lobby, i asked one of the staff where the elevator is and he said without any eye contact.."ayun o"...the second disappointment was when we enter the elevator..it was so old! it was when we alight at our floor that we saw the sign that it was the service elevator!..we felt degraded!the room is not that giid either..it wasnt sound proof as we were hearing voices from the nearby room when we were trying to sleep at night.the breakfast was not that good either..so little choices and supposedly hot food were not that hot..tsk tsk tsk...we didnt really had a good time...the price we paid was not worth it either!

• Stayed October 2009