“No No No” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Jakarta, Indonesia
“No No No”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2009

According to all of the reviewers before me, you could actually conclude that this is NOT A GOOD HOTEL. Some doors are broken (room 817, my friends' room) and there's also a leak from the air conditioning. Not only that! Room 435 HAS NO WINDOW AT ALL. Which make it so gloomy, dark, and doesn't look like a place to stay for human.
The others, some are leaking near the window every time it's raining outside.
The swimming pool is so small, too small for adults.
The food aren't nice. They serve a pork soup that smells terribly bad!
And once, when it's raining outside. And I was in my friend's room (817), the one which has window WITH A VIEW OF SOMEONE'S WALL (a.k.a. nothing to see), suddenly the TV just died and it took about 5 hours before they could fix it since the first time we call the housekeeping.
Hmm... BAD!!!!!!!
And worse, THERE'S NO INTERNET CONNECTION IN THE ROOMS! You have to pay for 150 pesos an hour and you could only have it at the lobby. Which is way too expensive cause 1 blocks away, there's an internet cafe with 40 pesos per hour rate and with faster connection!
Fortunately they have starbucks!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank dydiarifien

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Chester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2009

That would be my last stay at the Bayview Park. I am regular long staying guest. As such I have some priveleges already which I say are fair enough and everyone of the staff almost know my name by heart. And I would say they treat me good. My problem is concerning the lady owner of the souvenier shop located at the lobby beside one of the elevators. During my trip last year, she convinced me to invest some money on her business but I said I am not interested. But she forced me to lend her money with the promise of returning it within 6 days with an interest. She did good at first then she borrowed again.. On the third time, she began to have reasons not to be able to pay, and even have not paid me until now and I heard she has been doing this to a lot of the Bayview park guests. I know it is my own lookout. but I just want to share this with all of you as a warning. Because the hotel management says, it is my personal dealings so they don't do nothing about it. So beware of staying at that hotel. You might be the next victim.

Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
3 Thank ChesterJohn43
samar
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2009

It was truly a disappointment for our family who chose this hotel because of it's proximity to the US Embassy - our main reason for the trip to Manila. Checking in took us a looooong time to finish, non-smoking room smelled of cigarettes, everything you request for has a price, etc, etc. There was no pool attendant as promised, and we were rudely informed that pool towels have to be paid for (whew!). Extra pax for breakfast had to be paid in cash, and even coffee ordered from the pool area was being charged cash. Who would be bringing in his wallet when going for a swim at the hotel's pool? It wasn't really value for our money.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank tomtehalla

Travelers are raving about these Manila hotels

Mgl
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2009

This hotel is absolutely terrible place I have ever been to. It's overpriced place, with rude and ingorant staff at front desk. The hotel management shall enroll its staff at communications skills training immedietly followed by other professional skills trainings. The online price of 65 they offer will turn out to be 82-83$ upon check out and they'd ask 20 more for online reservations and plus $ for anything else that most other hotels would offer as complimentary service. This hotel doesn't deserve your money earned by hard work. Will never go there if another chance to go to Philippines. This place absolutely ruins the image of the country, which is very unfortunate. Terrible.

• Stayed June 2009
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LucastaMgl
hawaii
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2009

Will never go back again,felt cheated out of one day,they charged me even without me staying there.I confirmed the date with the front desk.When I arrived they did not have a room for me and already charged my credit card.They said no record of me calling in and would not give me a refund.

Watch out for this hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank hapon
Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2009

This has to be one of the worst hotels I stayed in. Service at the front desk is incredibly slow at anything. Was forced to wait 1 hour for a room at 3pm (reservations was made weeks ahead). Furniture & fittings aged. "Hotel taxi" a complete ripoff-tried to charge triple the amount 4 going a third of the distance. (First night, hotel taxi to Makati=400 PHP, 2nd night taxi to Mall of Asia=700 PHP, go figure)
Forced to pay for a scrappy towel which housekeeping probably forgot to replace. (Stealing items from the room is a big thing to them. You have to sign documents stating that u received x number of towels, x bottles of Coke in the fridge etc. This system fails miserably if u r staying 4 a long period...what bout housekeeping accidently forgetting to replace items???)
Oh yes, watch the sun set through milky windows frm the rooftop bar. N swim in the milky pool.
To sum up, terrible, avoid.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank shazam7
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2009

The bayview park hotel was quite a disappointing stay, this was my second trip to phill. a one month vist, my second time staying at bayview although the last time was just a 2 day stop. I had booked a 6 night stay through an acency which ment i was paying around £31 per night ,which to me is well over priced, i arrived at the hotel at 1am and was very tired after traveling for 22 hours i wasnt greeted by a smiling face but rather a face that seemed like it couldnt careless about the hotel or their job and it wasnt the first time. I had requested a smoking room, although they put me in a non-smoking we were too tired to request a change then and went to sleep, next morning i had requested a smoking room so they sent the most unfriendly bell boy to help with the transfer he didn't talk or smile just moved our things to another room very quicky i was quite taken back by his attitude. Once in the room i i went to the window and when i looked out there was a man outside our windown crowched fixing something and the whole building had scaffolding running up it , i really didnt feel comfortable he was only a few inches away fromt the window and i drew the curtians shut. with out going on too much , the following days there was noise from outside work and then they started to rip up the carperts on our landing and constant hammering it was really awful, but we were leaving for boracay and judt let it go, on leaving this is where i became most upset as i belive the reception staff are letting this hotel down the most, i dont want to be unfair to all staff as there were many that did smile and greet u in a friendly manner around the hotel, but as i went to checkout desk the women there didnt greet me in a friendly was did not smile and then was trying to over charge me for things we never used when i told her no we did use them she replied with check with ur partner maybe u did with no smile eyes down and with a rude attitude, she became insistant the we had take an item from the mini bar and i know we would never use that particular thing she treated me as i was stupid i was really feeling quite angry. It was clear that for what ever reason she didnt have any repect for me which i was quite shocked at, i really wanted to make formal complaint but was leaving to catch a plane out to boracay so i left it.. the staff at reception really need to buck their ideas up or this hotel will go down the pan. The postive sides were good buffet breakfast, and location.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple