“Great hotel at a good price”

Bayview Park Hotel Manila
Ranked #16 of 109 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Getting to this hotel from Terminal 1 at the airport took a little while. Finding a taxi that was not trying to rip me off with an outrageous fare took a little doing, but my friend and I finally made it to the hotel. The lowest fare I could find was 650 pesos, which was still about 300 more than it should have been if a meter had been used, but I was already exhausted from a stressful return from Boracay and just wanted to get to the hotel and relax, so I wasn't going to waste more time looking.

The hotel is located very close to the U.S. Embassy, and it is a busy place. The hotel itself is very clean, the staff friendly and efficient, and the room large and quiet. The café on the first floor has a limited menu. There is no bar in the hotel, at least as far as I could find, so if you want to relax and have a drink the only option is to go outside to one of the nearby locations.

Of the three hotels I stayed in during my visit to the Philippines, this was by far the best. The air conditioning here is very efficient, and even on the 9th floor, the water pressure is good. All in all it was a good stay and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AllenLeigh
There are newer reviews for Bayview Park Hotel Manila

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I was hesitant at first booking at the hotel due to it location but since trip advisor seems to give the hotel great review I went ahead and book and I was not disapointed. The room I stayed in was superior deluxe for the online price of 2,000 pesos it truely was worth it. The hotel is also close to 7-11 and walking distance to Robisons which was a plus for me. The WIFI was fair, it loses connection from time to time but still its free. The power shower is strong and the bathroom is clean. The room is cleaned and towels are change daily. The staff are nice and are always smiling. I would recommend this hotel. I sure will book another stay when Im in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank lafly83
Reviewed May 8, 2013

For a family with 3 kids looking for a place to stay for the night before a scheduled flight, this hotel, considering its room has one of the lowest rates around when booked online, is surprisingly decent and i would say BEST PRICED. That is if you are not looking for new rooms with 5-star quality.

The 1st room we got at the 5th floor was spacious (we've been upgraded not sure why..) and had 2 beds -1 queen & 1 single. On our 2nd stay we still had one at the 5th floor, we got what we paid for which was smaller compared to our first room but still spacious enough and had 1 queen sized bed. Both rooms are clean, with cable, hot & cold water, fridge, coffee/tea maker, tub, shower, bidet, plenty of free toiletries, disposable slippers, laundry bags.. they have plenty of electric outlets for our plenty of gadgets.. 2 hair dryers, one in the bathroom and another at the vanity table and also a personal vault.

Booking online went SMOOTH but full prepayment is required to confirm the reservation and is non-refundable.So you have to be sure you'll be using the rooms on the dates you reserved it. Special requests can be done online during your booking. I indicated we wanted rooms starting at the 5th floor facing the bay so we can see the famous manila sunset from our room, which we did!!!

After booking online, I called the hotel just to check if they got it all right, and they did! The staff i talked with on the phone and at the reception were all very nice and helpful. Housekeeping was prompt with our requests. Bellboys were ok too. The only thing that bugged me, at first, was their house rule of keeping your car keys with them. They needed to do that to maximize the parking i guess. But all the valet attendants were very prompt and courteous.

For those who wants to tour Manila, its one of the best location because its near Intramuros (theres golf there), within walking distance of the Luneta Park, just across the US embassy and Museo Pambata (my kids love this). The Manila Ocean Park with spa, shows, more food, etc.. and a great mall, the Robinson's Place is just a few blocks away.. and there's fine dining everywhere.. the Mall of Asia is not so far either.

For families on a budget like mine, there are 24hr convenient stores where you can stock up on basic water juice chips etc so you wont consume the more expensive stuff in your rooms fridge.. the kids fave fastfood is just around the corner, Starbucks at the groundfloor, a Yellow Cab restaurant beside the hotel. everything you need to stay for the night and get up early for the next day's flight.

What bugged me on my 2nd stay? All towels we had were nice, fresh and fluffy except that we got one big and clean but very worn out towel. Didnt get to try the food though because dining in a hotel with our kids is not very practical.

Will definitely return to this hotel with my family.

Room Tip: choose the rooms facing the bay, the higher the better for great sunset Manila bay view..
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank netteprince
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Other reviews here on TA were not promising and since we got a good deal on the price (asiatravel), we kept our expectations low. And our expectations were exceeded! We were on the 8 floor, which seemed to be refurbished. The rooms are spacious and they provide amenities I usually only see with 4 or 5 star hotels (the price we paid was in the 3-star range). They also offer use of a pool and gym (though we didn't use them). Check in and out went fine.

There are some aspects that could be improved though: WiFI in the rooms had to be paid for and the free "buffet" breakfast was basic - definitely nothing to write home about. The supposed "bayview" was so-so - more of a view of the US Embassy and the windows seemed dirty/tinted so we just kept the drapes drawn.

Would I stay there again? If I need to be in that particular area and if I get a good deal on the price, definitely. That being said, the price they're quoting on their official website is way too much, in my opinion.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the higher floors - they are said to be less noisy
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank funinny
Reviewed April 29, 2013

What I liked about this hotel is besides the location which is in Roxas Boulevard is the booking process. The reservation team responds to every inquiries you have and even booked for us a room. Check in was smooth and I don't have vouchers to show.

Location is very good. Room is big. The only thing I can find fault is the aircon unit of the room leaks and somebody might slip on it. They should have done something to fix it.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Melanie R
Reviewed April 28, 2013

A perfect location... We (Family with 2 kids) 2 nights in this hotel. Reception need some more training. Breakfast is good and the 2 ladies in the counter are very good always smelling and ready to assist. The bad thing I experience during check out, a typical Bellman standing and not even offering help, on the other guest they are 2 Bellman assisting coz this guest is giving tips. I feel bad to see them looking after for money only. I am a hotelier and working as a Chief Concierge (and not to mentioned a Filipino citizen and had an experience with my fellow Filipino citizen) in one of the international chain of hotels. Hope that the management can look after this, yo have a very nice hotel and a perfect location!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2013

The best way to describe this hotel: decent, but barely.
Nothing really stands out about this hotel.
I found the check-in procedure takes longer here than most other hotels of the same class.
The location is rather ideal, but there are other options to choose from.
Price, hmmm. I guess it's alright.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business