“Bay View Hotel”

Ranked #15 of 108 Hotels in Manila
Jackson, Michigan
“Bay View Hotel”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I usually stay at the Bay View Hotel for security reasons upon arrival in Manila. The Hotel is across the US Embassy and is close to Malate, Manila where the night life thrives catering to expatriates.There seems to be a change in management since Bay Hotel currentky has a low quality of service The rooms and bedding are low quality and the restaurant has "dirty food" Never order local dishes like their Kare-kare; They will charge you 650 pesos for 1 piece of meat,1 inch in diameter, 3 pieces of string beans and two leaves of bok-choy. It will also cause massive bacterial diarrhea. Hate this hotel with mediocre prices but very low quality service.. Stay away from this hotel , they now serve dirty recycled food..There are other Hotels around the area that are 500% better for the same price..

Room Tip: Stay away form Bay View Hotel. Go to City State. Cheaper rooms better service , or the Armada Hotel...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Philippines
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I was looking for a hotel near the airport which is also affordable and convenient to travel. I searched through different portals and was able to check this hotel. The price was just enough, considering the location and the instant confirmation few hours before the check in time. I learned that it was an old hotel, so I didn't expect too much on the place.
Location -> easily located along Roxas blvd.
Safety -> safe, but be sure to have someone with you if you prefer to go outside the hotel at late night.
Amenities -> I was not able to check on it since I was there for an overnight stay only.
Staff -> Friendly and was accommodating.
TV -> the reception is bad, so I was not able to enjoy watching the movies/news.

One thing that I personally, experienced first time, was about the 30-min policy in borrowing the flat iron/board. I thought i will be only needing the pressure to press my clothes, but also , pressured to ensure I won't be exceeding the 30-min period, haha.

Overall, it served my purpose, to have a decent sleep, to catch my late noon flight.

Room Tip: Choose the renovated rooms facing the Manila Bay.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank makoy0622
Dalmose, Vestsjalland, Denmark
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I booked the hotel, from its own webside. I booked a room for 2 adults, and 2 kids.
When we came, check in took more than 3½ houers. first they wanted ekstra payment for wifi. even stated it was free. Then after 3½ houer we saw that the room only had one double bed. Hotel would not suply an ekstra. saynig that 2 kids (up to 12 years) could sleep in their parrents bed. Food are very exspensive on this hotel

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Manila hotels

Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I booked an overnight stay at the hotel on January 30, 2013 for an early business meeting the next day. The hotel has its upsides and downsides:

Upsides --The hotel location is excellent being close to public transportation, restaurants, coffee shops and even a minimart. But be wary especially when you go out a night. The hotel staff is very courteous and attentive to my request for a twin-bed, non-smoking room located in the higher floors. The hotel room is clean and spacious. The facilities were complete - they had a hair dryer, complimentary toiletry and complimentary bottled water and tea service. The airconditioner was also very good; TV and refrigerator were properly working. My window gave me a great view of the Manila Bay's sunset. The room has no bathtub and only provides a hot and cold shower. A real plus is that the toilet provides a bidet. The hotel also gives a complimentary newspaper in the morning. Mine was delivered at around 5:30 am.

Downsides -- The building is very old and as such, has the "look" and "feel" of it. The lighting is not very good and the place reeks of the "old" and the "unwashed carpet smell." This gloomy feel was the same for the room itself. The area near my bedside table had a "urine-acidic" smell to it, which was very unpleasant and clings to your clothes. The sheets were very thin and very itchy and I can see stains on the mattress itself. I didn't get a good night sleep because I keep waking up itchy and scratching myself. The hotel charges exorbitant prices for their food and beverage.

In all, this is a good place to stay for a maximum of a two-days business trip. I recommend this for people having business with the US Embassy which is on the other side of the hotel. I do not recommend this for a romantic couple's weekend getaway.

Room Tip: Choose rooms at the higher floors to minimize hearing the traffic below. If you have special needs o...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Christine J
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 18, 2013

stay 16 days x-mas & new year 2013 in room 615 , not been home for ten yrs. Arrived early AM in the hotel exhausted long flight 21 hrs from London impressed by help desk assistance lady very polite , courteous , asked & answers our needs , starving excellent yellow cab pizza on the side is open 24 hrs not to mention more yummy than pizza hut here :) , awesome room service our room was clean & bedlinen, towels was changed daily with or without compliment ,bellboy remain helpful & polite, & courteous,outstanding never hesitate to asked our needs , my son brought his i-pad wi-fi is excellent , daily breakfast is great its just they serve same food everyday,swimming pool slightly crowded in AM not in the evening , location is awesome near seaside { we walk every AM ), also near Mall of asia , Robinson , divisoria , baclaran , quipo , & sta cruz wherein we shop until we dropped :) we got daily free newspaper & bottle of water & ice cubes, excellent & clean hotel accdg. to our families & friends who came & visited us, daily air-condition & shower water works well with no hussles, room capacity is big almost we can occupied 25 people same time can't avoid because of x-mass time :) now we are back here in London we will really highly recommend this hotel because of all staff dedication , superb, excellent service to your customers wherein we will remember & pass to other how grateful we are!!! well done !! hope to see u again. Thank you so much for making our stay great!!. God bless :)

Room Tip: room 615 corner siuites wherein i can see the seaside , us embassy & fireworks.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Alicia Sun P
Luzon, Philippines
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I had to attend to a wedding at a 5-star hotel near Bayview Park Hotel so I checked-in to use it as a changing room but I changed my plan and stayed for a night. The valet is very efficient and it only took me less than 5 minutes to check-in. I know that the hotel building is old so I requested for a newly renovated room facing Manila Bay and the front desk staff happily obliged. I requested for an extra soap and it arrived in 1 minute (way better than some 5-star hotels).
When I woke up the next morning I went to their gym and rooftop swimming pool and although the pool is small I had a relaxing time. Their gym equipment were fairly new but I did not try them as I am just wearing flipflops. Their breakfast is typical of any 3-star hotels around so don't expect a feast. Checking out took about 10 mins. and as usual the valet service is excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room facing Manila Bay
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends