Century Park Hotel
Hotel H2O(Manila)
$186
$67
Hotels.com
City Garden Suites(Manila)(Great Value!)
$36
$35
Hotels.com
$65
$42
The Oasis Paco Park Hotel(Manila)(Great Value!)
$38
$25
  • Restaurant
All reviewsharrison plazabreakfast buffetdeluxe roomdelayed flightsmoking floorcultural center of the philippinessm mallpleasant stayflat screenrain showerwi fimanila bayatriumtsukijilotionsupermarketlounge
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed at the Century Park Hotel Manila overnight with my family. We've booked 4 rooms (2 executive and 2 superiors). It took us 10minutes standing in front of the receptions with 4 hotel employees who didnt even bother to say "hi" or how can we help you". They all seemed busy with the two receptionists staring on their computers or whatever it was. Finally, the male receptionist took care of us and upgraded the two superior rooms into the Park ROYAL suites which were on the other side of the hotel. My family loved their rooms especially the executive suites which caters much to our taste but never exceeded our expectations (we always loved the suites at Pan Pacific and Sofitel!). We refrain from booking the superior rooms because of the bad reviews and the story of cockroaches! Thank you for the upgrade anyways! We got the best view!What we loved about Century Park is the Palm Grove with two huge swimming pools and a jacuzzi. The hotel has a huge potential in bringing back its former glory. I think the management should renovate the whole place! Cafe in the Park looks dull and boring. They should invest more on their people and be able to give a service far excellent that any other hotels for them to stay in competition.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Oriellini
elsiegaba, Front Office Manager at Century Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you so much for posting a review. We apologize for the inconvenience you had, upon checked-in. We assure you that we take all your comments at heart. You are most welcome on the upgrade that we offered, we are delighted that you appreciated it. Renovation plans on other areas of the hotel is in the pipe line. We sincerely hope that you will give us another chance to be of service to you. Once again, thank you for your valuable comments.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I've stayed at the Century Park in the past, and was very pleased with the newly renovated room I was in on my visit in July. The hotel is conveniently located with the adjecent Harrison Plaza shopping center, and just far enough from the Mabini 'action district' to make it a safe and comfortable location.
I was especially pleased that on arrival after an overnight flight I was able to get into my room with an early check-in, and that the staff at reception rememberd me from my visit a year earlier.
Buffet breakfast is definitely worthwhile, with plenty of choices. My only other 'dining' was a quick sandwich late at night-- well served and again pleasant staff.

Room Tip: Try to get the renovated rooms- some of the others are getting a bit tired
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Greg48

Thank you so much for posting a review. We are delighted that we were able offer you your much needed rest upon arrival, after an overnight flight and you enjoyed your breakfast, too. Your commendation of our staff will surely motivate us to be always at our best. We look forward to welcoming you back at our hotel.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed here for one night in July as I was doing the Corregidor Tour which leaves early in the morning and this hotel is relatively close to the terminal. I had searched online and this seemed like the best option. I was immediately disappointed when I checked in as the rate I was quoted was much higher than their website had listed it as but was also higher because I was not a Filipino (Apparently Filipinos get lower rates while foreigners pay higher rates). No problem I thought, I don't mind paying a little extra as it appeared to be a very nice hotel. The check in was fine, the staff were very courteous and helpful although I'm not sure why it took two of them to take my one bag up to the room (probably had something to do with the tip).

The room was nice enough but there was one major problem - when I called down to the front desk to tell them I was having trouble connecting to the WIFI (which was advertised on their website) I was told that my room did not have WIFI, that it was only available in the lobby. Now this was quite a disappointment as everything about the hotel seemed to be first class up til that point and for any hotel that presents themselves as upscale and business friendly as they do - not to mention what they charged me for my room - and not feature any kind of internet access in the room is unheard of and utterly disappointing. Everytime I needed to send an email or get in touch with my office back home I had to drag my laptop down to the lobby and hope there was a seat available so I wouldn't have to sit on the floor. There were also very few outlets in the lobby so a couple times I had to cut my sessions short so I could go upstairs and recharge my laptop.

Anyway, the rest of the hotel is fine. The restaurant downstairs was good. The location is really good, across the street from a mall and plenty of restaurants nearby. I had a midnight flight and they let me keep my bags in their safe room all day after I checked out which was very convenient and helpful. Breakfast was also very good and was included in the price.

I am headed back to Manila soon and I would normally consider the Century Park again as the location and everything else is nice but no internet access in the rooms is a deal breaker for me so I'll be looking elsewhere.

Room Tip: Be a Filipino and be sure to inquire about internet access up front if you require it.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Rik T
elsiegaba, Front Office Manager at Century Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Thank you so much for posting a review. We are delighted that we have met some of your expectations. Indeed, there are different rates in our website as compared to our walk-in rate. However, in our website or other OTA's website (on-line travel agents) they need pre-payment by credit card if you wish to avail of the rates posted. We regret that internet access was not available in your room. Not all the rooms currently have internet access, however, from the 10th floor and above we do have internet access. We hope that you will give us another chance to be of service to you. Once again thank you for your comments.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

This hotel was good enough.

Clean and comfortable.

Across the street from a mall which is very convenient.

Didn't get to try the breakfast because our flight was too early. They passed out sack of snacks for breakfast. I didn't eat mine. Not sure what was in it or if was good. Nice gesture for sure.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank judycking
elsiegaba, Front Office Manager at Century Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank you so much for posting a review. We are delighted that we met your expectations. The packed breakfast we prepare for guests who leave earlier than the opening time of our Cafe in the Park, consists of bottled water, fruits and a sandwich. We look forward to welcoming you back in our hotel.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

This was my home for two days. I got a room on a promo rate for the hotel's 35th year anniversary. The deluxe room given to me was a deluxe room with the west view of the room looking at Manila Bay. The hotel is just beside a mall with lots of fastfood stalls to choose from, a supermarket, a big sport complex, and a 5-10 minute walk to the Cultural Center Complex. Staff was very courteous, accommodating, honours the value of privacy for guests. The hotel is very accessible to local transportation. The room was spacious and neat. Staff does morning and evening rounds for any room cleaning or needs. The feeling of home is indeed there.

A must to visit is their famous Japanese restaurant, Century Tsukiji. Which offers wide variety of Japanese food from appetizers to deserts. I love the "Eat-All-You-Can" Sushi which is the restaurant's promotion for the hotel's anniversary.

Nice service improvement would be offering complimentary local calls and broadband WiFi internet would be available in every hotel room not only in the hotel's lobby.

Room Tip: The hotel has classic superior rooms and deluxe refurbished rooms to offer. Choose the deluxe rooms which are located on higher floors to have a view of the Manila Bay. Deluxe rooms have modern amenities and has newer furnishings. All of the rooms have a veranda but the sliding doors are permanently locked. Though I've seen a guy standing in one of the rooms in the veranda of one of the rooms located at the higher floors when I was walking outside going to the mall.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank scumdazzle
elsiegaba, Front Office Manager at Century Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Thank you so much for posting a review. We are very delighted that we exceeded your expectations. We have extended our anniversary promotion "Eat-All-You-Can" sushi at our Century Tsukiji, beyond our anniversary month of September, due to the positive response we got from our clients, like you. Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back in our hotel.