I booked this through agoda and that rate cannot be found at all at the hotel's own website. That must be why they gave us those rooms that still seem they haven't been renovated since the 1980s.
1. Location, next to a shopping mall and the primary reason we chose this hotel is because a lot of our destinations are near here.
2. Staff are friendly and courteous. They might lie to you but at least they're smiling.
1. The room is really old and carpet is full of stains. The layout comes from the 1980s when people did not carry laptops and cell phones, so there's no convenient outlet where you can plug them. And worse, if you turn off certain lights, certain electrical outlets also get turned off. One needs to push so many buttons for the TV to work. It is complicated as it comes with a page of instructions in various languages placed on the TV stand.
2. Staff will not grant early check in. Requested early check in as we arrived at 11am, won't let us. We got the room at 12noon, but honestly did not look anything like it has recently been cleaned or it was occupied the night before.
3. Itchy bed. We all felt itchy after the first night. Most likely bedbugs or maybe the sheets haven't been changed for a very long time. Requested what they can do, and the front desk just said they're going to spray. Front desk also told me that they're full so no room change possible.
4. Staff will not grant late check out. They gave us till 1pm, most other hotels I stay at least will accommodate 2pm or 3pm. Again, they said they're full which I can understand if it's really true. However, when we stayed there, it seemed actually we were the only guests on the entire floor. Never had any one shared elevators to go up or to go down when we stayed from Saturday to Monday.
5. Bell service will tell you taxis are metered but the taxis there will want you to pay fixed rate. Taxi drivers said it's because the hotel makes them line up for hours to only get one passenger. On the way back, all taxis readily are fine with meters. Taxi drivers said they line up for hours at the hotel to get just one passenger, which is another indication there aren't many guests at that time.
If they're more honest, would've considered paying more and getting a better room or at least early checkin or late checkout. But then, they won't admit it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Triangular Tower Hotel with Atrium Lobby, located in heart of business/cultural district; next to shopping center & sports complex ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Century Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Century Park Manila
- Hotel Century Park