1,511 results
All reviewsbutler servicetop floorpillow menuwelcome drinkbreakfast buffetlarge bathroomexcellent hotelmakati areabusiness hotelrobinsons malllate checkrobinson's placesecuritybathtubadriaticobeggarsnightlife
Reviewed July 6, 2010

Stayed at the hotel twice on 11June2010 and 25June2010. I booked the Double room on the first stay for $130 and the Pan Pacific King Room for $250 on the second stay. I figured why not splurge on our last day in Manila. I noticed right away that they debited my credit card on the second stay but not the first one. Upon checking in on my first stay, they could not find my reservation. Good thing I bring a copy of everything. Aparently, they upgraded my room and WILL have to pay an extra $40 in Pesos. Since when are you unwillingly/unwittingly upgraded and HAVE to pay for it. Not sure if this is how they cheat others but why charge the higher amount at a later date and not the lower one at an earlier date. My wife stated that since it was tired with family and arriving at night, that I have to accept their upgrade or go somewhere else. I won't be so forgiving next time if there is a next time. The upgrade was okay to the 20th floor but felt like they forced something on me that was not okay. I warned them that this better not happen on my second stay which did not.
The second stay was a lot better. Again, they upgraded me to the Pacific Suite King room with no extra charges.
They did bill me for the deposit only to remove it again. Weird.
The hotel is not accustomed to family visitors and noticed that the rooms are mainly for couples or visitors with young filipina women.
The "Butler" concept not only is to cater to guests but also acts as security which was okay. I give the supposedly number 1 hotel in Manila by Tripadvisor a grade of B+ mainly due to little things that should matter. Do not check out before leaving the room. The card automatically does not work on the elevator and you need to go through check-in again in order to activate.
I don't ask much but watch them business practices where they are forcing you to pay more.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Clandestiny
JGPManila, Guest Relations Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2010

Greetings from the Pan Pacific Manila!

Thank you for your comments and please be assured that this will be shared to the rest of our Team of Butlers. We truly value your comments as these help us compliment and improve on our services more.

Please be assured that all your comments are duly noted and have been investigated and resolved by our respective Managers and Team Leaders to ensure that certain inconveniences shall not happen again.

Thank you and should you require further assistance, please let me know.

Reviewed July 3, 2010

I found the best price for this hotel on the Pan Pacific website itself. I was communicating back and forth with the travel desk regarding a city tour and a trip to Lake Ta'al. At first the response was fast but my last request (to book the trips) was not answered at all (until the day I flew which I didn't check until I got home).
It turns out they couldn't find my booking at all. I had forgetton to print the confirmation but assumed since I used their website all would be well. After sitting for over an hour in the lobby they confirmed I had no booking with the hotel. I was told I must rebook myself either at the reception (expensive rate) or on the web (orginal rate). Why on earth did they not tell me during all my communications before I arrived that they could not find my booking?
I must now point out that when I got home I immediately send the original booking (which was made for the correct hotel, correct dates, etc) to the hotel by email which, other than a note to say it was being investigated by the reservations team, has never been responded to or explained.
The butler team started as 'helpful' with us (travelled as a group of three) and ended as 'annoying'. There were many examples but I'll just give you one. On our first day I booked a massge in my room with the butler team. During the alloted hour I was called SEVEN times! During my massage! From "has your massage person arrived" to "your pick up tomorrow is a 9am" etc. I literally took the wire out of the phone in the end.
Lastly, upon check out my friends and I cleared our bills, left our luggage with the hotel and stepped into our waiting car to take a city tour. A hotel person came running out to the car to say they had forgotten to put my friends massage on her room. We requested, as we were running late, to pay the $25 on our return - since they had our luggage anyway. This was refused, we had to trapse inside again for another 20 mins to settle their mistake.
Rooms were fine, breakfast was fine.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Erica L

Greetings from the Pan Pacific Manila!

Thank you and should you require further assistance, please let me know.

Reviewed June 27, 2010

My partner and I decided to stay overnight at this hotel because of the Pride party which was located two blocks away. We booked a standard room but we were upgraded to an Executive room thanks to Pan Pacific butler, Amiel Cornico. This 49 sqm. room had a beautiful view of the Manila Bay. The bathroom was big and had a sliding window which divides the bath tub (with its own TV) from the bedroom. The king size bed was wonderfully relaxing with crisp white sheets and lots of down feathered pillows. Complimentary internet access and a big LCD TV made us not want to leave the room. We invited friends over and ordered a platter of Tapas and a variety of Asian rolls. Checking-in and checking-out was a breeze and the service of their butlers and wait staff was truly genuine and was served with a sense of urgency. Our package included pre-dinner cordials and a full buffet breakfast. After a long night of partying along the streets of Nakpil and Orosa, we were given a late check-out of 3PM. This made our stay at this hotel very memorable and relaxing.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Robbie_Francisco
JGPManila, Guest Relations Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2010

Greetings from the Pan Pacific Manila!

Please do email me for your future bookings so I can personally arrange it for you and maybe design a package that is most suitable for you.

Should you require further assistance, please let me know.

Reviewed June 27, 2010

This was my e-mail sent to the General Manager, but I am not sure if he got that message. Then, I thought I could help the next guests with that.:

Dear General Manager,

After me, my husband and 2 families of friends have been spent a week (19 -26 June) at your hotel Pan Pacific in Manila, unfortunately we would like to express our disappointment for had been an unpleasant stay.
Actually, we have been in Manila to participate at the Diplomatic Conference of I.M.O. among several diplomatics as we are, as well.
Unfortunately and surprinsingly, we could observed that hotel works 24/7 non-stop guesting hookers. These professionals of the sex look very familiar among the staff. They have free entrance wherever they go at hotel. We supposed stay in a familiar hotel!
We have never could imagine to be intimidate like that, in a hotel "knowned" as 5 stars and with an expensive daily rate!
Wherever you have been at hotel, you could bump into someone of them (Lobby Bar, Reception, Swimmin-pool, lift ). And even you are accompanied , they staring at us and do not respect you at all! . That is really disgusting to face!
We are used to guest in loads 5 stars hotels all over the world including Copacabana Palace Hotel, where I have already worked as director for many years.
That is really our commom opinion about your hotel and I must confess that I will never recommend that to anyone.
Last but not least, I must admit that your butler's team is extremely helpful and effective. I have to mention one of them who has called our attention for all her well-done job and attention - she is Mabelle , the bartender at Lobby Bar. Congratulations for the great employee you have.

As contribution, I hope that you could try to solve that problem, in order to improve the level of your guests.
Remember : no muss, no fuss.
I just finished packing to fly to London, where we have been living. Now, I feel myself more relieved after sent that to you.

Good Luck and many thanks indeed for your attention.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
13  Thank ChrisAguiar
AubreyAda, Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2010

Dear Madam,

Mabuhay and Greetings from Pan Pacific Manila.

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback on line.
Also, thank you for being loyal to our brand and giving us the opportunity to provide you with our genuine caring.
For some reasons I was not able to receive your e-mail, nevertheless
your feedback and comments are a valuable source of information for us to continue to strive at exceeding our guests’ expectations and creating memorable experiences.
Reading through your comments, I am delighted to understand that you generally enjoyed your stay among us and particularly the service provided by Mabelle at the lobby lounge.
We will duly recognize Mabelle for her achievements and exceeding your expectations
We certainly note your very constructive comments with regard to the inconvenience created by several individuals and their behaviors.
Rest assured that your comments have already been shared with the respective service team leaders and Butlers, so that corrective actions can be undertaken as required, and also for their encouragements to continue to strive at improving our guest experience, and provide the Best Caring effort.

Again, thank you so much for sharing your comments, and I look forward to personally welcoming you back to our Home with all our Butlers, when your traveling plans bring you back to our city. In the meantime if you require any assistance you can always directly reach me at: rmasselin@panpacific.com

Warmest Regards, Richard.

Richard Masselin │ General Manager

Reviewed June 20, 2010

Both my wife and I found this hotel a fantastic base for our stay in Manila.

Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
5  Thank IanE4

Greetings from the Pan Pacific Manila!

Should you require further assistance, please let me know.