1,512 results
All reviewsbutler servicetop floorpillow menuwelcome drinkbreakfast buffetlarge bathroomexcellent hotelmakati areabusiness hotelrobinsons malllate checkrobinson's placesecuritybathtubadriaticobeggarsnightlife
Reviewed November 7, 2008

Outstanding Butler Caring and Service Truly a Hotel to Experience! I keep returning to this PAN PACIFIC and have made it my home when i visit manila and all my friends! Great Facility and Great Value, and of course the greatest butlers!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank lapid
Reviewed August 13, 2008

We stayed 2 nights at the Pan Pacific Hotel (http://www.panpacific.com/manila/Overview.html) in August 2008. We rec'd personal professional service from their butlers. Their food (we had the buffet breakfast and one dinner) was outstanding, international and plentiful. The bar drinks were very small and expensive, but the views were the best in the city (22nd floor panoramic views seen through floor-to-ceiling glass walls). Although there were several other restaurants, we didn't dine with them.
The room was very clean, comfortable, and fully supplied. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was huge with a tub and shower and included many complimentary personal amenities.Our room had a view of Manila and the Bay.
We didn't use any non-complimentary services (e.g, laundry), but the butlers were available for special complimentary services, which we used (e.g, candles, snacks). We didn't use the beautiful pool because of the major rain storm.
The concierge and check-in/out staff were very helpful, efficient, and professional.
It is located within walking distance to small stores, restaurants, Manila Bay, and a huge mall. The area is safe to walk around, but you may see homeless people.
Lastly, it is a luxury hotel, so the price was high. However, we did receive a deal over the internet for about $125 US/night. Plus, you can ask for complimentary/discount coupons for drinks, dinner, buffet breakfast (we rec'd all of these) and wireless internet. I think it was well worth it.

4  Thank StefanoB
Reviewed August 6, 2008

The Pan Pacific simply rocks. I love their butlers. Their attention to your every needs and knowledge of the area alone makes a stay worth it. Thank you so much, girls and guys. The Hotel is sourrounded by vibrancy 24 hours a day, you can have the time of your life, but i allways felt as safe as in my mothers womb. You can choose from their pillow bar and snooze away or you can go to the near by departement stores and shop till you drop. I love it I love it I love it I love it.
If you book directly through their website this is the best deal in town and we spent the savings on unbelievable delicious japanese food and sake at Myabi restaurant. What a deal.
Philippines, we will be back.

Love and light

Isha

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ishadefries
Reviewed May 24, 2008

Let me firstly say that I am extremenly fussy about where I stay!!!
But I want to give an honest opinion about this hotel!!
The hotel is excellent without any doubt, the customer service of the staff is certainly first class!!!!!
Nice size rooms well maintained I had a superior room for 3 nights and was very impressed. The butler service staff even offer to prepare your bed for you before you go to sleep and present you with a small selection of minature cakes before you as well. The staff here are highly professional and extremely courteous which is typical of the filipino i think!! Always very friendly and polite!!
However, the area of the hotel in Malate is not an area I would recommend to stay in. It's very dirty and old and westerner's or japanese have been known to be robbed late at night!!
Plus a warning for the single male traveller please becareful of ladyboys operating in the area they are very sexy & attractive but not all they appear to be!!!!! I was lucky I was tipped off by a local pimp so please becareful!!

I would recommend Makate as the place to stay better than malate. If you are going to manila then please be broadminded as there are many prostitutes there remember the Philippines is a poor country these girls have no education so this is the only way they can make some money!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank easternman
Reviewed May 24, 2008

We are a family of 6 including 4 children aged 14, 12, 8 and 5. We opted for the Pacific King Room and a connecting room for the 3 boys. The King Room was huge as was the bathroom - it was very luxurious. Service is superb at this hotel, especially at the pool where nothing is too much trouble. For the extra money I would say the upgrade was worth while.
Of course it's not cheap but, compared to Western prices, is very good value for money - that is all except the restaurant which is very expensive, both for breakfast and dinner.
We didn't eat at the restaurant in the end but walked around the corner to Robinsons where they are plenty of restaurants - all the usual fast food Western chains are there, including TGI Fridays.
If it wasn't for Robinsons on the doorstep the location would have been poor. When we came back to Manila later in our holiday we stayed at OrtegasCentre and this is a much better area for visitors.
However as long as you are back in the hotel before 10pm there is no problem; later into the night the area round the hotel becomes quite a red light district.
Would I stay here again? If I wanted to be nearer to the centre of Manila, probably I would, but I would opt for Ortegas Centre in preference if I wasn't fussed about what part of Manila to stay.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family