1,544 results
All reviews butler service top floor pillow menu welcome drink breakfast buffet large bathroom excellent hotel malate area robinsons mall five star hotel robinson's place late check security bathtub beggars nightlife bay
Reviewed December 29, 2013

The staff at the hotel, right from the moment you enter to the moment you leave are all amazing. Everyone knows your name right away, and the welcome drink is an amazing touch. We really felt like we had friends in the building and the butlers were amazing! I'd never been to a hotel with this concept - but it's like having your own personal assistant right on the other end of the phone... Booking a massage, finding out where to eat, or getting connected to the airlines, it's all amazing! We love it!

The hotel is 5* all the way - selection of pillows, the desk in the room, the TV with your own personal greeting and a wake up-call, followed by fresh coffee delivered to your room, followed by an additional wake up call to make sure you actually woke up are all amazing additions to the already epic hotel services!

The location is fine - not nearly as shady as other reviewers have posted and like anywhere, you need to be careful when walking around late at night. But the streets are so busy and exciting that it's totally safe!

Room tip: Executive rooms are larger but all the rooms have the same services
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Ali M
MEnrile, Public Relations Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Mabuhay!

Thank you for taking the time to share your great comments. We are really glad to hear that we were able to create a memorable experience for you during your stay. Our team is truly happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and find the quality of service to be excellent. Again, many thanks for your comments and rest assured I will share them with the rest of the Pan Pacific Manila team.

We look forward to welcome you back soon to your home and family in Manila.

Warm regards,

Reviewed December 22, 2013

stayed here on business....next time Fort Bonifacio area as Pan Pacific in the middle of a Japanese and Korean hooker area and lots of "friends" of said gentlemen roaming around...but staff could not have been nicer, breakfast good, bars a bit weird..overall A for effort, B for current condition , C for location.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank jimmhk

Mabuhay!

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our rooms and facilities during your last stay with us, and we will be guided to review other improvement opportunities as per your comments.

It is unfortunate to hear that you find our surrounding not to your liking. Our hotel has recently formed a small group with the business owners in the area to uplift and refresh the activities and environment in our neighborhood, what was once called the "Spanish Quarter"; the group is also deeply active in activities supported by the local government. I hope that in your return visit here, you would see a fresher and more vibrant Malate district.

I will share your comments with the rest of the Pan Pacific Manila team.

We look forward to welcome you back soon here at your new home in Manila.

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Stayed in hotel for business trip. Wife and Son had their own itinerary while I was working. First day upon arrival wife and son slept all afternoon could only mean place feels like home. Had a great sleep after work. Very close to a mall give wife some room for shopping and exploring. Very close to Manila Ocean Park too. At night the streets are not intended for children because of the bars.

Room tip: Room we got is facing the city but still good enough son love the lights over the buildings. We were hoping for a bay area facing room.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank goonting

Mabuhay!

Many thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay with our hotel. We are extremely glad to hear that we were able to create a wonderful experience for your family, and we hope to exceed that when you return. I will share your comments with the rest of the Pan Pacific Manila team; they will truly appreciate it.

We look forward to welcome your family back on your nest visit. Keep in mind that you will always have a home here in Manila.

Yours truly,

Reviewed December 13, 2013

This hotel promotes itself as being all about five-star service. I booked here for a night between two long travel days, hoping to feel a little pampered. It was okay but it didn't live up to expectations.

When I arrived around 7pm, the staff barely welcomed me, and didn't take my luggage. The person who showed me my room pretty much just pointed to the door and was gone practically before I noticed, which was aggravating because I had wanted to ask a question. I thought the room was fine, although small. The housekeeping had been a bit carelessly done.

The restaurant is very spacious (entire top floor of hotel, I believe). The view of Manila is very nice and there is a big patio. There was a torch singer with piano accompaniment in the corner between the bar and restaurant, which was sort of fun. Restaurant service was very nice, the food is good, the restaurant was nearly empty even though it was a weekend night.

This hotel didn't seem to cater the foreign tourist/business traveler crowd, perhaps instead it caters more to upscale residents of the greater Manila area who are having a weekend of nightlife and shopping in the city.

Checking out in the morning was also sort of haphazard and did nothing to change my opinion.

If I had not been drawn in by their marketing pitch about five-star service I might not have been so disappointed. If it had been marketed as a midrange hotel, and priced as one, I would have been fine with what I got. However, it was disappointing and overpriced given my expectations.

Finally, a warning for people not familiar with Manila- the area around this hotel is not very pleasant. It is very crowded and chaotic, probably a little risky, and there are a couple blocks of red-light district nearby. Hotel security is strong, though.

Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank inconsistency

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing with us your valuable feedback on your experience during your last visit.

First of all, I must sincerely apologize that we have failed to exceed your expectations on this occasion. Based on your comments, indeed there was the opportunity for us to truly demonstrate our genuine caring and sense of hospitality.

Rest assured that the details of your comments have been duly reviewed with our management group and respective associates so that we continue to enhance our performance and continue to create memorable hotel experiences.

By no mean and as you can read in this site, this situation is not reflective of the level of service we provide to our dear guests (returning for the most). I hope you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves and demonstrate our true caring values when you return to Manila.

It is also unfortunate to hear that you find our surrounding not to your liking. Our hotel has recently formed a small group with the business owners in the area to uplift and refresh the activities and environment in our neighborhood, what was once called the "Spanish Quarter"; the group is also deeply active in activities supported by the local government. I hope that in your return visit here, you would see a fresher and more vibrant Malate district.

We look forward to welcome you back soon to your home and family in Manila.

Warm regards,

Reviewed December 8, 2013

I stayed here on a recent visit to the Philippines to assist the local Red Cross following typhoon Hainan (Yolanda). The hotel was well located and a short drive from the Red Cross HQ.

The staff were superb and very friendly, courteous and efficient and as mentioned by a previous reviewer they knew my name after a few days. Check in was smooth and easy. The rooms are well appointed and comfortable and a good night's sleep is assured. The only glitch with my stay was that there was some noise from a nearby club which I could hear all the way up on the 17th floor however I did change my room to one overlooking the bay and that resolved that problem. I would usually stay in Makati...however I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Breakfast is in the Pan Pacific lounge which is situated on the top floor with views across Manila. The food was nice with all the usual fare to suit all tastes East & West. For smokers there is a separate patio outside with a Japanese style garden replete with turtles or tortoise, not sure which and goldfish. The bathroom is also a good size and well stocked and the walk in shower is excellent.

As with most hotels in the Philippines it's possible to hire a car and driver from the hotel. Naturally this is more expensive than hailing taxi's however if you wish to do some sight seeing, it's a good idea. The only drawback is Manila traffic, however if you plan your trip around the right times then you won't be stuck. Local fare is about 300php with the hotel which is reasonable.

There are some nice bars and restaurants close by and also a large shopping mall which are all within walking distance. Opposite the entrance of the hotel is a Tao temple. I regret not seeing if it was possible to explore as I did visit one in Cebu earlier in the year and it was well worth a visit. However this trip wasn't about sight seeing so hopefully I will get the chance to see it on my next visit.

Room tip: Try and get a room overlooking Manila Bay...nice view and quieter rooms.
Date of stay: November 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
4  Thank Irishman_on_tour
MEnrile, Public Relations Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Mabuhay!

Thank you for sharing kind words about your recent visit at Pan Pacific Manila. It is great to hear that you and your had a comfortable stay during your last visit with us. Our entire team appreciates that you enjoyed our facilities, newly renovated rooms, and the spectacular view on the 21st floor Pacific Lounge.

We also like to extend our sincerest thanks in the help you have extended the typhoon Haiyan victims by assisting in the Philippine National Red Cross operations. Truly a noble cause! Again our sincerest thanks.

I will share your comments with the rest of the Pan Pacific Manila team.

We look forward to welcome you back soon here at your new home in Manila.

Yours truly,