1,512 results
All reviewsbutler servicetop floorpillow menuwelcome drinkbreakfast buffetlarge bathroomexcellent hotelmakati areabusiness hotelrobinsons malllate checkrobinson's placesecuritybathtubadriaticobeggarsnightlife
Reviewed December 13, 2013

This hotel promotes itself as being all about five-star service. I booked here for a night between two long travel days, hoping to feel a little pampered. It was okay but it didn't live up to expectations.

When I arrived around 7pm, the staff barely welcomed me, and didn't take my luggage. The person who showed me my room pretty much just pointed to the door and was gone practically before I noticed, which was aggravating because I had wanted to ask a question. I thought the room was fine, although small. The housekeeping had been a bit carelessly done.

The restaurant is very spacious (entire top floor of hotel, I believe). The view of Manila is very nice and there is a big patio. There was a torch singer with piano accompaniment in the corner between the bar and restaurant, which was sort of fun. Restaurant service was very nice, the food is good, the restaurant was nearly empty even though it was a weekend night.

This hotel didn't seem to cater the foreign tourist/business traveler crowd, perhaps instead it caters more to upscale residents of the greater Manila area who are having a weekend of nightlife and shopping in the city.

Checking out in the morning was also sort of haphazard and did nothing to change my opinion.

If I had not been drawn in by their marketing pitch about five-star service I might not have been so disappointed. If it had been marketed as a midrange hotel, and priced as one, I would have been fine with what I got. However, it was disappointing and overpriced given my expectations.

Finally, a warning for people not familiar with Manila- the area around this hotel is not very pleasant. It is very crowded and chaotic, probably a little risky, and there are a couple blocks of red-light district nearby. Hotel security is strong, though.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank inconsistency
MEnrile, Public Relations Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing with us your valuable feedback on your experience during your last visit.

First of all, I must sincerely apologize that we have failed to exceed your expectations on this occasion. Based on your comments, indeed there was the opportunity for us to truly demonstrate our genuine caring and sense of hospitality.

Rest assured that the details of your comments have been duly reviewed with our management group and respective associates so that we continue to enhance our performance and continue to create memorable hotel experiences.

By no mean and as you can read in this site, this situation is not reflective of the level of service we provide to our dear guests (returning for the most). I hope you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves and demonstrate our true caring values when you return to Manila.

It is also unfortunate to hear that you find our surrounding not to your liking. Our hotel has recently formed a small group with the business owners in the area to uplift and refresh the activities and environment in our neighborhood, what was once called the "Spanish Quarter"; the group is also deeply active in activities supported by the local government. I hope that in your return visit here, you would see a fresher and more vibrant Malate district.

Warm regards,

Reviewed December 8, 2013

I stayed here on a recent visit to the Philippines to assist the local Red Cross following typhoon Hainan (Yolanda). The hotel was well located and a short drive from the Red Cross HQ.

The staff were superb and very friendly, courteous and efficient and as mentioned by a previous reviewer they knew my name after a few days. Check in was smooth and easy. The rooms are well appointed and comfortable and a good night's sleep is assured. The only glitch with my stay was that there was some noise from a nearby club which I could hear all the way up on the 17th floor however I did change my room to one overlooking the bay and that resolved that problem. I would usually stay in Makati...however I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Breakfast is in the Pan Pacific lounge which is situated on the top floor with views across Manila. The food was nice with all the usual fare to suit all tastes East & West. For smokers there is a separate patio outside with a Japanese style garden replete with turtles or tortoise, not sure which and goldfish. The bathroom is also a good size and well stocked and the walk in shower is excellent.

As with most hotels in the Philippines it's possible to hire a car and driver from the hotel. Naturally this is more expensive than hailing taxi's however if you wish to do some sight seeing, it's a good idea. The only drawback is Manila traffic, however if you plan your trip around the right times then you won't be stuck. Local fare is about 300php with the hotel which is reasonable.

There are some nice bars and restaurants close by and also a large shopping mall which are all within walking distance. Opposite the entrance of the hotel is a Tao temple. I regret not seeing if it was possible to explore as I did visit one in Cebu earlier in the year and it was well worth a visit. However this trip wasn't about sight seeing so hopefully I will get the chance to see it on my next visit.

Room Tip: Try and get a room overlooking Manila Bay...nice view and quieter rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Irishman_on_tour
MEnrile, Public Relations Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Mabuhay!

Thank you for sharing kind words about your recent visit at Pan Pacific Manila. It is great to hear that you and your had a comfortable stay during your last visit with us. Our entire team appreciates that you enjoyed our facilities, newly renovated rooms, and the spectacular view on the 21st floor Pacific Lounge.

We also like to extend our sincerest thanks in the help you have extended the typhoon Haiyan victims by assisting in the Philippine National Red Cross operations. Truly a noble cause! Again our sincerest thanks.

I will share your comments with the rest of the Pan Pacific Manila team.

We look forward to welcome you back soon here at your new home in Manila.

Yours truly,

Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

It was a 3 nights stay. Nothing to impress. Neighborhood area is not clean, not safe because many people offering adult entertainment. The hotel is so old furnished, the room is not fresh, the aisle to the room is so quite & empty. The worst thing is the air circulation, i felt sick in this hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Abdillah A
MEnrile, Public Relations Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for recently staying with us, and sharing the valuable feedback on your experience.

We sincerely regret that we have failed to exceed your expectations on this occasion. Based on your feedback, I must sincerely apologize if our newly renovated rooms are not to your preference. We have taken note on on your vital comments on the air circulation within the rooms and in the building; I would like to take this opportunity to let you know that we have rooms that feature an air filtration system for guests that have sensitive requirements to air circulation.

By no mean and as you can read in this site and in many others, this situation is not reflective of the level of service we provide to our dear guests (returning for the most).

I hope you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves and demonstrate our true caring values, and excellent facilities when you return to Manila.

With kindest regards,

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Well the bar has been raised to a new level after spending a few nights at the Pan Pacific Manila. This place is absolutely hands down the nicest Hotel I have stayed at in my 40 years of travel. From the beautiful lobby to the large clean room with the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on, this place is well worth every penny if you want the best. Add to this a nice pool area, fitness room and even a nice little casino the Pan Pacific has it all.

From check in to check out the staff was polite and professional. I enjoyed the honor system at check out where they just asked me if I used the mini bar (I did not) and they did not send anyone to the room to verify. I respected this "respect".

The food for room service was very good and very reasonable and the breakfast buffet was fantastic.

I will not even bother with trying to nit pick anything.

As far as other user comments about the surrounding area well people it's Manila. I am not really sure you can find a good surrounding area anywhere there. I walked from the hotel to the Mall 2 days in a row and did not feel threatened.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tahitisteve

Mabuhay!

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments. We are extremely happy to hear that we were able to create a memorable experience for you during your last stay with us; we hope to exceed that in your next stay. Our entire team truly is truly honored that you consider us the nicest hotel you have stayed in your 40 years of travel. We also appreciate that you enjoyed our facilities, the friendliness of our butlers, and the comfort of our newly renovated rooms. Again, many thanks for your comments and rest assured, it will be shared with the rest of the Pan Pacific Manila team.

If we can be of any further assistance at the moment please just let us know. We look forward to welcome you back soon to your home and family in Manila.

Best regards,

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Outstanding, world class the best hotel i ever stayed. All the butlers are so helpful. Aside from the newbies. Pls orient them i like the old butlers. Mostly hilda she always assist me but i think she already resigned. Food is good however they need to promote more on filipino cuisine maybe infused. Aside from that its all perfect. Lastly hallways carpet should be wash looks dirty thanks

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mejorell

Mabuhay!

Many thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay with our hotel. We are extremely glad to hear that we were are your home away from home, and we hope to exceed that when you return. Again, many thanks for your comments and rest assured, we will be guided to review other improvement opportunities. I will share your comments with the rest of the Pan Pacific Manila team.

Best regards,