Pan Pacific Manila
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Room Service
1,431 results
All reviewsbutler servicetop floorpillow menuwelcome drinkbreakfast buffetlarge bathroomexecutive roomexcellent hotelmakati areabusiness hotelrobinsons mallfive star hotelrobinson's placelate checksecuritybathtubadriatico
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This was my first trip to the Philippines so I wasn't quite sure what to expect- especially reading that the Pan Pacific is an older hotel in the area. However old it is, the hotel is well maintained and the rooms modernised and amazingly well kept with no signs of aging that there are no complaints at all.

The rooms are big and the beds comfortable. You are accosted with the pillow selection on the bed. The amount of wardrobe space you have is enough for you to settle in for 3 months without complaint. The breakfast room is on the top floor, facing the sea. The breakfast spread is bountiful, fresh fruit, international cuisine (japanese, chinese, indian, western)- sometimes a little confusing as they also serve roast meats and potatoes, sushi in the morning! Hahaha.

Pan pacific advertises itself as the first butler hotel in asia- and I was a little confused at what this is- it seems to me like well-trained staff and they didn't disappoint. They do offer an packing and unpacking suitcase service. I had another guest smoking on a non-smoking floor and their second hand smoke permeated into my room. The butlers were quick to respond with adding ionizers to my room (it was 2am)- and the next day, they moved me to another room and offered the butler to help with the ease of changing rooms. Late one evening, we were looking for a hair saloon as the one next to the hotel had closed- they were quick to find us one and also find us an escort from the saloon to take us there so we wouldn't get lost.

There is nothing negative I can say about this hotel- they aim to please and the hotel is well maintained. I wouldn't hesitate to return and stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank pinkmambo
RMasselin, General Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Mabuhay and thank you for your Wonderful feedback,

Great to read that we have fully exceeded your expectations and created a fantastic experience for you

I am glad you truly enjoyed our facilities and our Butler service.
Thank yo for recognizing our intensive efforts at maintaining our Property and grooming our Butlers at being genuine and caring.

I shall definitely share your wonderful comments with our butlers for their encouragements and continued learning and growth.

Hope you will returrn to us soon, and continue to be loyal to our Brand.

If we can be of any further assistance at the moment please just let me know and feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Pan Pacific from June 18- 22, 26 to July 1st. We had a Toyota Vios car from the hotel pick us up at NAIA. Lloyd was our coordinator and he did was there to pick us up when our plane arrived.

The rooms are spacious, comfortable and clean. We initially stayed in room 2020 with 2 large queen beds, perfect for a family of four. There was a small TV in the bathroom and a large TV in the bedroom.
On our return trip , we were in 1102, which had 2 double beds. We tried to get the room with the larger beds but the hotel was booked with conference attendees. We did not want to switch when the room became available because we had to pack/unpack again.

The breakfast was included in our room rate. It had a good variety of different foods. It was delicious! I only wish that they had tocino while we were there- our son's favorite. We also had dinner there on a few occasions. They do not have a kids menu, but were able to accomodate my young sons.

We booked a driver to take us to Taal. His name was Rey and took great care of us.

The location is perfect. The hotel is next to Robinson Place Mall. IT's a great place to have dinner and buy some groceries. Aristocrat and Max's are close by, too. There are 3 money changers right near the hotel. The Manila Bay is about a 10 minute walk away. Be careful crossing Roxas BLVD. We saw many cars that did not stop at the traffic lights. There are some impoverished areas near by. Be careful with your belongings and going out at night- just as you would in any large city like NY or Chicago.
The fitness room had treadmills , spin bikes, and a good set of weights. It was clean and had a water cooler. You have to turn the air con on when you arrive because it is usually hot. As hotel guests, you can also use the the fitness club on the 6th floor-can't remember the name because I did not go there.

We had a wonderful stay at the Pan Pacific. We will definitely stay here again when we return in the future. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to experience the beauty and culture of Manila.

Room Tip: Ask for a room ending in -20. I was told that these are the larger rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Lourdes70

Mabuhay and thank you for your recognizing us as a Gem in Manila!,

I am glad you truly enjoyed our facilities and service including our breakfast experience at the pacific lounge .

It is always comforting to read that we have fully exceeded your expectations with our modern comfort and room features.

We shall duly pass on your recognition to Rey your driver who took you to Taal.
Thank you for recognizing our people.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I have travelled the world and the service received at the Pan Pacific Manila is THE BEST without question. Everyone is very respectful, courteous and no request was denied. I was made to feel welcome during my entire stay.

The room (with king bed), had a work desk, comfy bed (pillow menu available and super soft sheets) and decadent bathroom (with soaker tub if I wanted). Ample storage, tastefully decorated and clean. I received a lovely plate of sweets on my first night (to welcome me), including a couple of phone calls asking if I needed anything. And the butler service was fantastic. My only comment on the service though. I was awoken at 7:55 AM by a knock on the door. It was the butler asking if I needed anything (no because I was sleeping!) If you don't want to be disturbed, just set the 'Do No Disturb' light on your door.

The room service was fast and food delicious. The breakfast buffet - WOW! This was included in my room rate and what a selection. Fantastic and tasty.

Watch the taxi drivers - they sometimes don't reset the meter to zero from the last fare.

The location (Malate) is good for the business traveller. I wouldn't likely bring my family for a holiday, based on the location of the hotel. It is a bit 'gritty'. In general (and not just at the Pan Pacific), there are armed guards, metal detectors and K-9 dogs (bomb detection) which may be a little off putting for some. Having said that, I never felt unsafe but you do need to be sensible and careful. Especially when walking. There are no sidewalks and cars have very little street etiquette.

Filipinos are beautiful people - very hard working, appreciative of what they have and I am always glad to visit. Every opportunity I have to tip, I do.

Room Tip: Choose a floor that is on a higher level (for noise) and one with a working desk if you are a business traveller
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Javagirl08
RMasselin, General Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Mabuhay and thank you for your GREAT feedback,

Wonderful to read that we have fully exceeded your expectations and for recognizing us as one of the BEST!

(Sorry about the 7:55 am service call ....!!!!. we will review this indeed)

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Recently we stayed here for a week with our young family and parents. The service was amazing and nothing was to much trouble. The children thought they were in heaven with the amazing buffet breakfast......there was lots of discussion to what we be having the next day. The pool was lovely and again the staff there were very attentive. The location was fabulous being close to lots of restaurants and big shopping malls. All in all it was a beautiful hotel and would definitely stay there again when in Manila. Our trip to Manila was to look at a charity that my family has been donating to, so it was business and a family holiday.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Amelia E
RMasselin, General Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear Valued guest, Mabuhay and Thank your for recognizing our Butlers.

Proud to read that you and the enire family truly enjoyed a week long stay with us!
Thank yo for your wonderful comment over your breakfast and pool experience

Great feelings for us to know that we have truly exceeded your expectations and created a memorable experience for the whole family and the kids.

I will share your wonderful comments with our butlers for their encouragements and due recognition.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Came here after having a 5star experience last time, booked the same grade room and was disappointed. Last time got a window from floor to ceiling and a view from bedroom and bathroom. This time had a dark room with tiny window and no view, rooms dated and hadn't had any work in the 6 years I've last visited. On the upside the restaurant on the 20th floor was amazing and staff were great - would I go back, maybe but will probably try the H2O - Chris

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Chros80
RMasselin, General Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear Valued guest, Mabuhay and Greetings from Manila!

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on our facilities and services.

I am glad to read that you truly enjoyed our facility and service at our 21 st floor lounge and dinning. On the other hand I am surprised and disappointed that we did not meet your expectations with the room category selected for this stay.
All our rooms were renovated 2 years ago now and we have received excellent feedback on the upgrades of the facility. It is true that several room do not offer lavish views of the bay and have smaller windows than the rest of our inventory.
I hope you willl will definitely give us the opportunity to be of service again as we truly offer great value and strive at providing one of if not the best service in Manila.

I shall definitely share your comments with our butlers for their encouragements and due recognition.

Hope you will returrn to us soon.

Warmest regards Richard .