“My new favorite hotel in Manila”
Review of Pan Pacific Manila

Pan Pacific Manila
Ranked #2 of 110 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was my first time to stay here, although I have already heard good things about the hotel previously. The check in was hassle free, and the staff proved from start to finish to be very friendly and attentive to our requests down to every detail. We got a free room upgrade upon check in, and the suite that was given to us was very nice and clean. I liked the design of the room, which combined space, elegance and functionality. The hotel is also strategically located in Ermita, where there are lots of restaurants and shops. It is also very near several tourist spots. Breakfast is served at the scenic lounge on the topmost floor. i especially enjoyed the wide selection of fruits at the breakfast buffet, although the selection of the breakfast food can still be improved. I would definitely stay here again.

3  Thank BraulloBogart
RMasselin, General Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Mabuhay and Greetings from your Home in Manila!

Truly glad to hear we have made it to the top of your Favorite list!!!

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and share with our community your experience while staying with us.

I am very proud to read that we exceeded yoru expectations and that you truly enjoyed our facilities as well as the friendly and genuine caring of our Butlers.

We shall share with our Associates your great comments on our facilities, our service level, and of course your breakfast experience at the Lounge.

We are always very proud to hear that we have created a memorable hotel experience for a supporter of our Brand

Exciting to know that you will returrn to us soon, so thank you for being loyal to our Brand

If we can be of any further assistance at the moment please just let us know and feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed at Pan Pacific Hotel in Malate on 23-25 April. The hotel is about 15 mins from the Manila airport. The security is good, as with most of the hotels in Manila I suppose. I stayed in an executive room, the view was good, overlooking the ocean. The room is clean, spacious and nicely decorated. The service of the hotel staff is excellent. Food for the breakfast has a good range. The hotel is very close to the huge shopping mall called Mall of Asia. I took a taxi and it was about 10 mins ride with no traffic jam. Must try out the manicure and pedicure while you are at the mall, best that I experienced so far. Across the road to the hotel has a Japanese restaurant which offers really good BBQ meals of wagu beef, chicken or pork, at a very reasonable price. I tried an authentic Filipino meal at a restaurant called Zamboanga about one block away from the hotel and the crispy leg of pork was truly finger licking good. The surrounding area of the hotel is really not of the best, unlike the Makati or the Fort. But it is a good place to stay.

1  Thank Elizabeth L

Mabuhay and Greetings from Manila!

I am very proud to read that we exceeded your expectations and that you truly enjoyed the modern comfort of our room and facilities, as well as the friendly and genuine caring of our Butlers.
Glad to hear that you particularly enjoyed the convenience of our location and yor breakfast experience at the Pacific lounge.

We shall pass on your great comments to our associates for their encouragements.

Hope you will visit Manila again soon and returrn to us soon, thank you for being loyal to our Brand

Reviewed April 29, 2013

The amenities and facilities are great. Nice view. Friendly staff. Great food. We had our school seminar here on Front Office Management and the speaker is so good. [Hi Sir Jimmy Belleza!] I have to say that their pool is not that big, but still its nice, with the jacuzzi and relaxing sunbed. The bathroom was epic, it has all what you need, from cotton balls to shampoos and all.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank moochieboo

Thank you for choosing our Brand while staying in Manila

I am very proud to read that we exceeded your expectations and that you truly enjoyed our facilities as well as the friendly and genuine caring of our Butlers.
I understand you had a truly relaxing and refreshing time at our pool.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback ans share with us.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

The Pan Pacific Manila is a beautiful hotel. Perhaps a bit aged in spots, the carpet looks worn and the marble in the bathroom has some damage to it, but it is still a comfortable spot to stay if you are in the Malate area.

The area around the Pan Pacific has its benefits and challenges. Although this is a business hotel by design, it is also close to many attractions, including Manila Ocean Park, Rizal Park, Intermuros, and Star City. There is a large mall within a block of the hotel with many restaurants and stores if you need anything. However, this area is also associated with the seedier side of Manila, including prostitution and high amounts of petty crime especially pick-pocketing. The local beggars can be very pushy and it can feel dangerous to be walking a night.

The room was nice but had some challenges as well. I had requested a non-smoking room, but that was considered a preference at booking and not a specific booking for a non-smoking room. When I arrived no non-smoking rooms were available so I was given a complimentary upgrade to the next room type, which was a suite for me. The suite was spacious and very comfortable, with nice bedding, a well-appointed bathroom, and a generous sitting room with an expansive desk for business. However, like many non-smokers, I would have preferred a smaller room that didn't reek of smoke to a larger one that did. The staff provided an air purifier to help with the smell. Another thing about the room is my window looked directly into other windows on the same floor of the hotel, which is awkward and meant that my shades were almost always drawn for privacy.

Aside from one misunderstanding at the beginning of my stay the staff were always able to deal with my requests in a timely manner. The butler service is great for anything you need and responds quickly. Sometimes the front door staff seemed a bit unwelcoming, failing to open doors for me and my girlfriend when they did so for other guests. I contacted the general manager with the problem I did have, and he handled it personally and professionally.

As a side note for bookings, look carefully to see what your booking entails. The hotel offers great deals for advanced purchases, but they are room only. I failed to completely understand the limitations of my booking, which, while completely my responsibility, led to a lower quality of stay.

2  Thank Bob C
RMasselin, General Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear valued guest,
Mabuhay and Greetings from Manila!

Thank you for taking the time to provide your wonderful, sincere and fair feedback.
Proud to read that you truly enjoyed the modern comfort of our room and facilities, as well as the friendly and genuine caring of our butlers.
I am delighted to know that i was directly able to resolve the misunderstanding with regard to rates and inclusions with you. it was my pleasure to meet you and provide necessary options so you could continue to fully enjoy your stay among us.
Thank yo for giving me such opportunity
As I can read from your comments we exceeded your expectatiosn in several areas and hope you shall return to us in the near future. Thank you for being loyal to our Brand.

If we can be of any further assistance at the moment please just let me know and feel free to contact me directly.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon ! Richard and Team.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

This was my first time staying here and I have to say the hotel staff goes out of their way to make you welcome and assist you to all your needs. The room was typical for a 5 star hotel with a nice mini bar and refrigerator; the internet connection was superior! The bathroom was spacious and had a separate shower from the tub. The bed was extra large and very comfortable. The best fresh brewed coffee was available in the lobby which was a nice treat as I love my morning coffee. The restaurant on the top floor serves excellent 5 star meals and the presentation is exceptional. There is a terrace off the dining area where you can relax and enjoy the view and smoke if you want.

Yes I will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
RMasselin, General Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Mabuhay and Greetings from your Home in Manila!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

First time staying here, and loved the executive room I was allocated.
Large bathroom, bedroom with desk and excellent wi-fi connection.
The staff here are the real winner though, always so helpful and friendly.
Special mention of Sayuri, excellent customer service at the gha desk.

Room Tip: I'd imagine the seaview side would have a better outlook although I didn't experience that...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank OzzieFlyer007

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and share with our community.
Thank you for experiencing our Brand in Manila

We value your comments and I am very proud to read that you truly enjoyed our Executive room facility as well as the friendly and genuine caring of our Butlers.

Hope you had a great time discovering Manila and The Philippines

Thank you for for being loyal to our Brand and hope you will return to us soon..

We look forward to welcoming you back soon at your Pan Pacific Family.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Having previously stayed in the Diamond, decided this time to stay around the corner: at Pan Pacific.

It is an older hotel with good staff, good internet speed and easy access to smallish swimming pool. So, nothing really special and 4 star rating from me would be appropriate.

However, what requires improvement is the breakfast! Especially if to compare with Diamond. I suggest the management visits at lest once their neighbor to see how excellent breakfast should look like...

No fresh fruit juice is just a shame for hotel which claims being one of best business hotels and given their room prices!

Fresh papaya? What can be easier to get? In all 6 mornings there was none!
Mango? Yes, small ones and unpeeled: do it yourself.... Food too salty even for me...

Next time will try Hyatt or go back to Diamond....

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Kasparainens
RMasselin, General Manager at Pan Pacific Manila, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Guest, Mabuhay!

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your hotel experience while staying with us.
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be your Home on this particular visit.
Your comments on your breakfast experience are well noted.

Fresh fruit juice selection and fruit shakes are actually available at all outlets of the hotel on a regular basis and a la carte.
For breakfast on a daily basis we have a selection of 4 peeled fresh fruits and indeed an added selection of fresh whole fruits.
I am sorry papayas were evidently not available during your stay and will inquire on this situation.
We are currently working of a developemnt of a unique new all day dinning concept, I sincerely hope you will join us on your next visit and discover our theme and concept.

Thank you very much for recognizing Pan Pacific Manila. We apprecaite your wonderful feeddback on your experience while staying with us.

Rest assured that your comments will be shared with the entire team for their guidance and encouragements

Thank you for for being loyal to our Brand and hope you will return to us soon.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to your Home and Family in Manila.