“Relax and chill after a long days work.”

Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila
Ranked #3 of 110 Hotels in Manila
Reviewed October 5, 2010

This Hotel is the only one on the waterfront. As you roam the gardens, you are next to the waves crashing into the Hotel wall and at times coming over it and wetting you.
In case you are a casino person, it only has the slot machines.
The buffet breakfast is amazing. (I specially enjoyed it as there was an Indian food counter dishing out 'Parathas and Sabzi' to begin the day.)
The Hotel Spa close by 11pm so if you are very late or have not booked in advance, you can still go to a 24hr SPA - "WENSHA SPA", 5-7 minutes walking distance. It is an excellent place to treat your aching body and muscles and unwind after a hard days work with a 24hr buffet (included in the cost which is very reasonable).

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank IndianWandererDelhi
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2010

Bonjour from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila!

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to inform us of your recent experience in our hotel. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday.

We were very pleased to read that you had an overall excellent stay with us and particularly value our hotel. We at Sofitel Philippine Plaza do not only meet, but exceed customer expectations. As we give emphasis on all aspects of the elegance of our hotel environment such as beautiful ambiance, luxurious food, high end technology, friendly and experienced staff. Your kind words on the service provided by our staff are most gratifying and rest assured that it will be passed on to the whole team. This will certainly motivate them to keep up the good work.

Once again, I thank you for your patronage and we all look forward to welcoming you back in Sofitel Philippine Plaza. Meanwhile, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed October 4, 2010

Had a quick stay in Sofitel just recently. As soon as I entered the hotel, I was welcomed with warm smiles from the most friendly staff I've every seen. Check in was done efficiently. The room was very impressive and the view was just perfect. I also love the food in Spiral. They had the most delectable buffet in town. I had the most amazing stay and will surely come back in this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank reese011
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2010

Dear Valued Guest:

Bonjour Mabuhay from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila!

On behalf of Sofitel Philippine Plaza, I would like to extend my deepest appreciation for sharing with us your excellent stay with our hotel.

It would be our great pleasure to do business with you in the future and we look forward to more such opportunities in the near future. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Reviewed October 3, 2010

In almost every way this hotel is average. In summary.

Pros
- One of the few decent hotels in Manila (as I understand, didn't not research myself, but what I've been told)
- Staff make an effort (though a bit staged with false smiles etc - they have obviously had "CUSTOMER SERVICE IS #1." beaten into them!)
- Buffet was pretty good, and very extensive. Obviously as with all buffets if you look closely corners are cut here and there with the food, but that is being a bit nit-picky and would only bother frequent travellers.
- quite ok pool, again a bit old
- Curtains in my room closed completely which is useful for sleeping strange hours!
- fairly comfortable bed, but not the best

Cons
- Extremely dated building and rooms (pretty depressing for me, but depends on what your expectations are. I have stayed in modern Sofitels in Australia before...)
- Service a bit patchy, but not unfriendly. They are just a bit slow and miss things a lot and you have to ask twice.
- Corridor to the rooms is a bit smelly - smells of solvent. Colleague thought it was the rubber on the carpet causing it. Either way, not too pleasant.
- Sound-proofing of the rooms not great. There was a strange loud wind type noise for half of my stay. No idea what it was!
- no bath in my room, hot water seemed inconsistent
- cringeworthy "give me a big tip" hovering around moment from a room service guy!

This hotel is 5 star based on features, but not a 5 star world-class level of comfort. I would definitely not come here for a holiday - there are far better places in the world, but as a hotel to stay if you are doing business in Manila, it does the job and no more. I was very impressed with the effort they had made for the buffet - it was significantly better than the rest of the hotel and I would recommend if you stay here that you do eat there.

Sadly the real way to improve this hotel would be to knock it down and build a new one. Ouch - I feel bad for saying that, but it's true. At the moment it's an 80s throwback....

Recommended, but only because I don't think there is much competition.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank foiegras99

Bonjour from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila!

We would like to thank you for sharing with us your wonderful and excellent indulgence with our lagoon-shaped swimming pool and the food at Spiral Buffet Your kind words has not only boosted the confidence of the team, but renewed the enthusiasm and zest for the job. I would like to assure you of our continued sincerity and dedication to service from all Sofitel Ambassadors.

In addition to your marvelous experience with our hotel, we are pleased to inform you that we are currently undergoing renovation to further serve you with better products and services.

We thank you for your continued support and it is always a pleasure for us to be at your service. On your next visit, kindly contact me directly and I would be more than happy to personally arrange your stay with us. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Reviewed October 1, 2010

I want to start this by saying..."raise your hands up!" "raise your hands up!" When i say SOFI, you say TEL, SOFI?! TEL! SOFI?! TEL! This is the time when we went to the Mall of Asia concert grounds for our SUPAFEST 2010 Event which just happened recently. It was one awesome show i tell you. I was in the area for a week dealing with all our suppliers in preparation for this big Supa event. On the day before the concert, I decided to stay in a hotel so i would not anymore worry all those heavy traffic, no parking slot available issues, etc. In a snap i thought of going with SOFITEL, its distance from our venue is just a few minutes away but aside from that particular convenience, it was really the hotel rooms of SOFITEL that made me decide and not think of anything anymore except for SOFITEL. This was my second time to stay with them and man, it was still an AWESOME experience. From the softest bed and pillows, to the fresh sheets and towels, to the supa bathroom. I can see the inside of the bathroom from my bed! And lastly, the view of Manila Bay from my room's veranda...this really made our day and night. I can say it was totally a SUPA-EXPERIENCE for us. You haven't experienced the comfort of a hotel if you haven't experienced SOFITEL.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kristofferQc
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2010

Dear Valued Guest:

Bonjour Mabuhay from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila!

On behalf of Sofitel Philippine Plaza, I would like to extend my appreciation for sharing with us your excellent stay with our hotel.

Many agree with you that the lagoon-shaped pool is one of the top features of the hotel. Guests have also raved about the special MyBed for a great sleep along with the pleasures of LeSpa. Your kind words has not only boosted the confidence of the team, but renewed the enthusiasm and zest for the job. I would like to assure you of our continued sincerity and dedication to service from all Sofitel Ambassadors.

Reviewed September 30, 2010

Heavenly sleep experience, great view of the bay and dedicated assistance from Sales Manager Leslie since time of booking until check-out

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank MBCDC

Bonjour from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila!

We are grateful to read that you had an overall excellent stay in our hotel and particularly appreciated the service of our staff and the heavenly MyBed experience. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday.

Your kind words are most gratifying and have been shared with the whole team particularly to Leslie. This will certainly motivate them to keep up the good work.

Reviewed September 30, 2010

The best hotel in the Philippines!

My husband and I are locals, and we chose sofitel Philippine plaza as the place to celebrate our third year anniversary.

Because of this, we planned ahead and purchased an accor card, that offers free one night stay in any accredited hotels including this one. Using our free stay, we checked in and paid extra P3,600 for room upgrade, which included afternoon snacks, cocktails, free breakfast, free flowing beverages, unlimited Internet connection, and late check out time (4pm), among other benefits. It was really worth it!!

We had late snacks that feels like buffet in itself. We turned our cocktail to dinner food, and even had wine! We ate a lot during breakfast, and had time to frolic around the pool before savoring our one last afternoon snack.

Staying there with the club access offers a good value for your money, if you don't wish to leave the hotel during your stay at all.

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank Shandawanda
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2010

Bonjour from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila!

We are grateful to read that you had an overall excellent stay in our hotel and particularly appreciated the service of our staff and food at Spiral. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday. Your kind words are most gratifying and have been shared with the whole team. This will certainly motivate them to keep up the good work.

Reviewed September 30, 2010

We had our despedida party here last year near the bay and it was great.. The managet is very accommodating as well as the lady who serves us... That's why we decided to stay here for a few days with my friends to relax and have fun away from the congested area of manila.. All i can say is that the service is great as well as the facilities.. Better than the other hotels we've been to..

• Stayed: August 2010