Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila
  • Room Service
  • Beachfront
  • Room Service
5,196 results
All reviewsspiral restaurantle barclub millesimeluxury roomsunset barsports barpool areaclub roomthe executive loungefree shuttledinner buffetbay viewfive star hotelupon checkaccormagnifiquesnaps
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 19, 2010

My husband and I had a free night stay on this hotel due to a membership card we purchased last year. We were planning to use it either on China or Singapore but was unable to get out of the country so we opted to use it before it expires. We have been to Sofitel several times to eat at Spiral which in our opinion have regressed overtime in terms of the food offering that they have on their buffet packages so we were a bit excited to experience and see the rooms that the hotel has to offer.

The check-in and check-out was a breeze. That was a pleasant experience. Unfortunately, it ended there. The room needed renovation as it looked old and not up to date and there was a persisting smell that would not go away until we asked the staff to replace our bed covers and apply air freshener on the room. The TV was an old-school box type TV and not the flat screens that's usually offered on 5-star hotels. We had to pay for parking since as per their explanation, the parking lot is owned by a different company already. They had an arrangement for hotel guests but we still had to pay for parking. This was after I paid extra for a room upgrade. Lastly, the music from event that was held on their tented event's place downstairs can be heard inside our room even through the closed sliding glass doors and AC!

I have been to other 4 and 5-star hotels here in Manila and this one so far is in the bottom of my list.

On the other hand, their pool is really something that is pleasing to the eye and it was also nice to have a dip in it.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank katsinthebag
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2010

Dear Valued Guest:

Bonjour from Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila!

We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel as your accommodation choice for your stay last July 2010 and for taking the time to inform us of your experience with our hotel. It is through feedback such as yours that enables us to improve our products and services.

We were delighted to read that you had an overall excellent stay with us. It is always encouraging for to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday.

However, we took serious note of your comments regarding the room and parking fee. I am pleased to inform you that we are currently undergoing renovation to provide better products and services. Rest assured that our Director of Rooms and Director of Engineering has been informed to address these matters to avoid similar incidents from happening again. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you during your stay with us.

We truly appreciate you bringing these matters to our attention and therefore giving us the opportunity to improve. It was a pleasure for us to be at your service and we look forward in welcoming you and your family again soon at Sofitel Philippine Plaza. On your next visit, kindly contact me directly and I would be more than happy to personally arrange your stay with us. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed July 17, 2010

Ok as what they say, living a life devoid of treats and denying yourself everything you want is definitely not living. So it is aactually alright to reward yourself on occasion. This time around I decided to splurge a little by booking a 3 night stay at the iconic Sofitel Manila.

The property never ceases to amaze me. Lovely and grand as always. The staff gave the warmest greeting imaginable. What a better way to jump start your stay, right? So I was brought to my room by a concierge staff at chambre 250. I was pleasantly surprised and loved it the moment I got in. The renovation was rather impressive since I did remember how the rooms looked when it was still the Westin. The interior is crisp, clean and modern. I liked the idea that the hotel decided to stay focused on space and light with a homey neutral color for a backdrop. They definitely designed the room with remarkable attention to detail (the ultra comfy king sized bed was amazing) and features a balcony with a spectacular view of the Manila Bay. There’s nothing more luxurious than waking up on a bright and clear morning, and seeing the sunrise outside your window.

The food as always never disappointed my discriminating palate. Breakfast and lunch at the Spiral will always be a feast while dinner served at Le Bar, superb and inviting. Of course my Sofitel experience won't be complete without indulging myself to a soothing massage at Le Spa. It was an honest to goodness 2 hour massage overlooking the lagoon pool and Sunset Bar.

I can't wait to come back! Sofitel... bien fait!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2010

Dear Valued Guest:

We are grateful to read that you had an overall enjoyable stay in our hotel and particularly appreciated the service of our staff, food at Spiral Restaurant and Le Bar, also not to mention your luxurious and soothing massage at Le Spa. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday. Your kind words are most gratifying and have been shared with the whole team. This will certainly motivate them to keep up the good work.

In addition to your marvelous experience with our hotel, we are pleased to inform you that we are currently undergoing renovation to further serve you with better products and services.

We thank you for your continued support and it is always a pleasure for us to be at your service. On your next visit, kindly contact me directly and I would be more than happy to personally arrange your stay with us. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Reviewed July 13, 2010

This is an awesome hotel, great value for your money, a 6 star hotel. The largest buffet i've seen - from french breads to all fresh food, all excellent - i believe it was six cuissines and this is the breakfast buffet, the smell of inscense as soon as you enter the hotel, A Professional team, top down. Every one was top notch and nice. There must have been three conferences going on at the same time, all handled like clock work, this is a large hotel to suit all your business and personal needs. And to highlight my trip I won a couple of dollars on one of their casino machines. Fresh baked pastries, desserts and candy is made daily. There is a near by amusement park and an indoor spa Wen Sha Spa closeby. I'll be back. This is by all mean an excellent service hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank pacifichub
Sofitel-Philippines, Manager at Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2010

Dear Valued Guest:

We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel as your accommodation choice for your stay this July 2010 and for taking time to inform us of your experience with our hotel. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday.

We were delighted to read that you had and overall excellent stay with us. I am pleased to inform you that we do have our own inhouse spa, which is located near 7 Pecados. Le Spa provides very relaxing services such as Filipino Pride Massage, Mango Delight Scrub and Signature Massage.

It was a pleasure for us to be at your service and we look forward to welcoming you and your family soon at Sofitel Philippine Plaza. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed July 13, 2010

I only have superlative adjectives to describe my stay in Sofitel--PHENOMENAL!!! The staff were amazing, I love that they dressed very elegantly everyday, very courteous as well. I remember calling room service at 4am and there was no delay at all in getting my request. They know customer service that's for sure, world-class customer service. I enjoyed the amenities such as the pool, the spectacular Spiral buffet downstairs which I heard was the largest and number 1 in Manila. They also have the executive lounge which offers a private conference room, a study/lounge/cocktail area set-up, gets you in the business mode but in a more relaxing atmosphere. I had the luxury of being in their executive suite, definitely felt like a VIP, 2 flat screens, spacious rooms, very posh looking bedroom, ultra-modern design, very clean bathroom, love the glass tiles, exquisite fresh flower arrangements, designer toiletries-Hermes no less-breathtaking view of Manila Bay and the pool area and so much more. I cannot wait 'til I go back to Manila again, this time with my family so I they can also experience the incredible service provided Sofitel. Special thanks to Ms. Cynthia E. & GM for your topnotch services, KasalNY hearts Sofitel!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank KasalNY

Dear Valued Guest:

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to inform us of your experience in our hotel. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday.

I was pleased to read that you had an overall excellent stay with us and value our hotel. We at Sofitel Philippine Plaza does not only meet, but exceed customer expectations. As we give emphasis on all aspects of the elegance of our hotel environment such as beautiful ambiance, luxurious food, high end technology, friendly and experienced staff.

You kind words on the service provided by our staff are most gratifying and rest assured that it will be passed on to the whole team. This will cetainly motivate them to keep up the good work.

Once again, I thank you for your patronage and we look forward to welcoming you back in Sofitel Philippine Plaza. Meanwhile, if I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Reviewed July 11, 2010

We stayed in this hotel last June with my friends for a weekend break. All we could say is we really enjoyed our stay. The service was great and everyone was courteous, greeting us whenever we meet them. The room was clean and the size was acceptable for it's price. The place was beautiful in general. We had a meal at the spiral and where we met the 2 beautiful managers, Ms. Sandra and Ms. Josephine Abel, who assisted us during that time.
All in all, we had a great time in our stay and we hope we'll be receiving the same service the next time we stay at your hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank james0909

Dear Mr. James,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Philippine Plaza recently and more specially for your kind words about the hotel and staff.

We are glad that you enjoyed the courteous service, the clean and spacious room. You can be sure that we will tell Ms. Sandra at Spiral about your lovely comments. It was a pleasure for me to have met you and your friends.

We look forward to welcoming you gain soon to give you another wonderful experience at Sofitel Philippine Plaza.

Yours sincerely,